• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fun Conversations- White Card Members Only

I’m dyyyying lol this thread is funny.

I had no idea what a white or blue card even was bf I bought in 2020.

I was staying at Kidani in an upgraded dvc 1 BR villa (AKL hotel side was shut down, so we got switched from hotel to villa), loved the space and idea of dvc and thought, hey I’ll just start out and by my first *small* dvc contract on the resale market bc it’s much cheaper than what my guide was pushing and I could still stay deluxe at Disney, which was honestly my only goal. Wasn’t til I did some digging on these boards that I realized I had bought on the black market like some kinda scandal. I’ve almost bought direct a few times but I cannot justify it, no matter how many lounges im locked out of. It makes more senses to rent points and book confirmed stays than it does for me to buy direct and be locked into a timeshare for 50 years. The math on those dues!! I’ll be happy my contract is not for eternity lol.
Did you buy or not? Confused by this post. Resale or direct , you can sell your timeshare and/or rent your points.

What I am reading is that you don’t own at all and you rent points from owners. No white or blue card.

btw if you had had bought before April 2016 resale you would have had been “grandfathered in”. I think that is the date.

even now with the restrictions, if you can get a decent price on a resale contract, it is worth the money. If you don’t use it, it is relatively easy to rent your points to cover the dues.

we Have an offer in on our first resale contract atm. Waiting is the worse part.

Aren't renters essentially just white card members without making stupid investments? Asking for my fellow blue card MEMBERS.

Aren't renters essentially just white card members without making stupid investments? Asking for my fellow blue card MEMBERS.
Fellow blue card members??? Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave now. No slumming with the filthy white carders for thrills! I mean really I don't where you get off! You want to have all the extra special magical benefits and sit at the cool kids table? Didn't the DVC rep tell you that as a blue member you'd be excluded from all white card pity parties and theatrics? It's as if you all want your cake and eat it too.... Aren't we white carders the ones supposed to be eating cake?

But yes, blue card members are irredeemable imbeciles in desperate need of a calculator and a financial literacy course that have been duped by Disney marketing. White card members are only slightly less idiotic dopes that have been fooled by resale broker propaganda into thinking they're very clever and shrewd. The renters are just next level geniuses and financial wizards. A mythic, inscrutable group roaming from resort to resort, they tend to keep to themselves secure and content in their unshakeable self assured confidence.

No. White card members are supposed to bake and serve the cake. What makes you think that you're entitled to eat cake? Didn't you read your contract? NO CAKE FOR YOU!
Yes of course, very foolish of me. I was just trying to perpetuate the very apropos historical references to class warfare. Some fancy French lady once said something about scum like us having cake.

we Have an offer in on our first resale contract atm. Waiting is the worse part.
This made me think of the Tom Petty song, the waiting is the hardest part!
My offer was accepted in 4/29, passed ROFR on 5/24 and closed on 6/17, still no account or points. I'm fairly certain it's all by design, part of resale discouragement process. I couldn't wait either and rented some points for a trip in December. I can recoup that cost by renting my own points when they finally show up or just bank them and move forward.

By the way, talk about having cake and eating it too. Disney gets ROFR AND restricts resale points! Mickey has a brass set!

I was just trying to perpetuate the very apropos historical references to class warfare. Some fancy French lady once said something about scum like us having cake.
Huh. That would explain my uneasiness with blue-cardhood. I've never liked cake as much as pie.

My dad always said cake was for bluebloods; pie was blue collar workingmen's food. (Okay, yeah, highly sexist, but this was in the 1950s.)

Now, I'm getting confused which color goes with what group. :confused3
But yes, blue card members are irredeemable imbeciles in desperate need of a calculator and a financial literacy course that have been duped by Disney marketing. White card members are only slightly less idiotic dopes that have been fooled by resale broker propaganda into thinking they're very clever and shrewd.

That, I get. Just like R/L--nobody wins. :rolleyes2

Did you buy or not? Confused by this post. Resale or direct , you can sell your timeshare and/or rent your points.

What I am reading is that you don’t own at all and you rent points from owners. No white or blue card.

btw if you had had bought before April 2016 resale you would have had been “grandfathered in”. I think that is the date.

even now with the restrictions, if you can get a decent price on a resale contract, it is worth the money. If you don’t use it, it is relatively easy to rent your points to cover the dues.

Oh yeah. I bought 2 resale contracts in 2020 & 2021 after we’d stayed in a dvc villa. I understand how it all works now blue vs. white, etc. :)

I also rent points and confirmed stays quite often when I want to stay more often when I’ve run out of points. It’s cheaper for me than going direct and buying more contracts at this point.

Fellow blue card members??? Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave now. No slumming with the filthy white carders for thrills! I mean really I don't where you get off! You want to have all the extra special magical benefits and sit at the cool kids table? Didn't the DVC rep tell you that as a blue member you'd be excluded from all white card pity parties and theatrics? It's as if you all want your cake and eat it too.... Aren't we white carders the ones supposed to be eating cake?
Agree! And is it not reasonable to ask those blue card members currently lurking to please kindly exit the thread and not poke around. I’ll take it one step further and recommend no hybrids (blue and white combo) allowed either. If you are a white card only, then ok.

Can we take a vote on this? 😁

I’ll take it one step further and recommend no hybrids (blue and white combo) allowed either.
Hey! wait a mo here!

I was granted an exemption 3 pages ago. See here, post #52:
Nah, you're cool! You seem to see the light now. You don't even need to be deprogrammed! Nothing to be forgiven if you haven't admonished us for complaining or lectured us simple rubes about getting what we bargained for and twisted yourself into a pretzel defending the Mouse's naked greed.
I'm being nice. Haven't run with scissors once!
Haven't even suggested you guys should quit complaining and eat the DVD :cake: 🧁

(I bake killer chocolate and lemon meringue pies, too.) 🥧

Agree! And is it not reasonable to ask those blue card members currently lurking to please kindly exit the thread and not poke around. I’ll take it one step further and recommend no hybrids (blue and white combo) allowed either. If you are a white card only, then ok.

Can we take a vote on this? 😁
Damn you're hardcore. I like it! The pure blue bloods have to go, no question. I'm open to the hybrids. They should have make some sort of public loyalty oath though. Maybe cut up their blue card like the feminists used to burn their bras! 😆

But wait,,,what about us hybrids that are 100% resale,,,,not our fault that they grandfathered some of my points.
I am still with you all,,,but I can get their secrets and sneak out snaks from the Epcot lounge.

But wait,,,what about us hybrids that are 100% resale,,,,not our fault that they grandfathered some of my points.
I am still with you all,,,but I can get their secrets and sneak out snaks from the Epcot lounge.
Yes we couldn't hold that against you. You would have to promise to use your blue card to provide access to restricted facilities for our saboteurs to wreak havoc though.

Our first public meeting will be a community cookout on the BLT beach. The menu will consist solely of baked beans only then we'll force our way on to the elevators to totwl. You may want to bring your N95s for this first mission.

Ahhh, but you're not really a hybrid despite those authorized inroads granted by Da Mouse. More like a token blue card. 100% resale makes you a bonafide Blue Oreo, I'd say. :D

White carders have the perfect stealth force in guys like you because you can seem to be blue-benefits loyal when your heart and soul are really into sabotage for the white carders.

You're the Rise of the Resistance! YEAH! pirate:

Ok, so serious question here - as a new White Card member I'm loving this thread, although, is there one where it actually defines the white card benefits? Or are there really just none to be had beyond the savings of the contract?

Great question. From what I understand everything that can be taken away has already been taken away. And everything we still have we are contractually guaranteed. Don't worry, the evil mouse can't hurt you anymore!

Ok, so serious question here - as a new White Card member I'm loving this thread, although, is there one where it actually defines the white card benefits? Or are there really just none to be had beyond the savings of the contract?
The only other thing would be exclusions from new properties. We are unable to use our points at Riviera and most seem to think that'll be the case with the new tower at poly as well but that remains to be seen. I'd try to keep expectations low and count on nothing more than 11 month booking at your home resort and 7 months at the other original properties, with free parking and pool access. Anything else would be gravy.

I know people will get angry at me pointing this out but I have never not received a discount when avaialable for DVC members. This excludes AP and those things but at restaurants or stores I always show them my DVC when asked and they give a discount. That could go away of course but fair to point out. I believe it technically that is for Blue card members but only realized I was "getting away" with it for the last 2 years since I bought in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter