Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

erionm

DIS Veteran
Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This will be a requirement for all Guests (US and international) ages 5 and up for sailings beginning on or after January 13, 2022. Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 5 through 11 may complete this testing requirement in lieu of being fully vaccinated for sailings that depart before January 13, 2022. Guests 4 years of age and under must complete the testing requirements. The test should be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

Yayyyyy! No more 3-day pre-cruise testing. This will be so much easier for our cruise in March. Though I do hope they also do away with port testing for the fully vaxxed by then. I understand why they do it, but when you are flying in, and don't have an easy way to get home, that 45 minutes in the tent is so stressful!

I'm really hopeful this will allow them to open the kids clubs on a normal basis. But worried that they still won't until 3 to 4 can be vaccinated.

Perhaps they can separate by age, but I would guess that's too many 5-12s in one area and not enough 3-4s in the other.

Perhaps they can separate by age, but I would guess that's too many 5-12s in one area and not enough 3-4s in the other.
Perhaps they will repurpose the nursery space to do group activities for the younger kids? They could expand to 2-4 since 2s and ups can wear masks (I'm assuming he reason they couldn't do traditional nursery is because the under 2s cannot wear masks).

I'm really surprised at my reaction to this. I'd pretty much written off the possibility of cruising again, probably for years. But having a full vaccine mandate is making me think of taking the plunge again. A big thing will be seeing if this allows them to relax some of the restrictions on-board because right now, I can't see it being worth it to us with things like limited kids club availability etc.

Perhaps they will repurpose the nursery space to do group activities for the younger kids? They could expand to 2-4 since 2s and ups can wear masks (I'm assuming he reason they couldn't do traditional nursery is because the under 2s cannot wear masks).

That is a great thought. I hope they do it.

No, it is 2 doses, but the dose size is 1/3 of adult dose.
I think the UK is just offering 1 dose at the moment but not to under 12’s. Wonder if that will still be considered fully vaccinated from Disney’s POV

I think the UK is just offering 1 dose at the moment but not to under 12’s. Wonder if that will still be considered fully vaccinated from Disney’s POV
That's a good question. On another thread someone posted this info received by email from DCL, though it doesn't clarify the UK dosing for 12-15s receiving just 1 dose. My gut says DCL will stick with CDC dosing recommendations, but who knows.

COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on U.S. eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This will be a requirement for all Guests (U.S. and international) ages 5 and older for sailings beginning on and after January 13, 2022.​
In consideration of guidance from the CDC and the World Health Organization, Disney Cruise Line accepts the following vaccine types: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Novavax, Sinopharm, and Sinovac.​
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines fully vaccinated as 14 days after receiving:​
  • a single-dose of an accepted 1-dose vaccine
    • the second dose of an accepted 2-dose vaccine
    • the full series of an active (not placebo) COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S.-based AstraZeneca or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trials
    • the second dose of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines (administered at least 17 days apart)

Their announcement says they’ll follow guidance based on US eligibility for all guests, US and international.

All four ships are in the US now, correct? If this requirement is still in place when Magic crosses the Atlantic for her summer season, who knows …

I think just keep the testing in place. There’s a lot of countries that aren’t vaccinating this young at the moment so all they’re doing is ostracising people. There’s also a lot of people that aren’t comfortable with vaccinating their young kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter