Frozen Sing a Long at HS for adults?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
DH and I going back next week and are trying to do things we've never done. This is turning out to be very difficult as we have been around 60 times. What exactly is this show and what do you think of it for two middle-agers ?

While it's not something I would do every trip, my bf and I did it last trip. Like you, we were looking to try something we hadn't done, and it was also a nice break from the heat and being on our feet. We are late 30's and enjoyed it. There is some humor for the adults in it and I got a kick out of the little girls behind us who were singing their hearts out throughout the show.

Me and DH did it last year. DH used it as a nap opportunity-it is a nice dark theater in the A/C and it's about a 30 minute show, so just about perfect for napping.

I enjoyed the show, the actors are very funny. I loved seeing the little ones sing along and get all excited about the ending.

DS has a fit if I sing in public :sad2: , he wasn't with us on that trip so I took my opportunity to sing along. So there I am singing my heart out and this kid in front of me, I'd say 12 or 13, turns around and looks at me, rolls his eyes, and proceeds to put his ear buds in. Not everyone appreciates my talent :snooty::rolleyes1.

The first time we went , we thought it would be one and done. I had to almost had to drag DH to it. But we loved it. It's funny, it's cute, yes there is singing but it's not constant and not overly loud.

The first time we went , we thought it would be one and done. I had to almost had to drag DH to it. But we loved it. It's funny, it's cute, yes there is singing but it's not constant and not overly loud.

^^You must not have sat in front of me and my daughter. We're loud! :)

OP, I love the show. I also had to drag my husband to it the first time and we thought we'd never go again, but the jokes and acting of the historians was a hoot!

My wife and I are the later end of 40's and we love it! We always go. It's a great show. It's hard not to like it!

Did it with my family as a 'thing to do' back when it was new (do you still have to race to get the tickets? We saw it in late 2014). Two middle age adults and three kids in their early 20s, none of us bought 100% into the Frozen craze and one was (bitterly) "SO OVER" Frozen. It was fun and worth doing if you have the time and are familiar with the music. I wonder if the kiddos are still into belting the words as they were a few years ago, because that was way cute.

We took DS, who was 3.5 at the time, but DH and I enjoyed it as well and we'd do it again.

Try it. My family enjoyed it. There is some adult humor and it's quite well done, IMO.

I love it. As PP said the historians are a hoot.

Personally, when we went for the first time as a family in 2014, it was the first time DH experienced the "magic". He was amazed at how special the ending was. It was his first time in Disney and really set the tone for the whole trip.

It actually is a very good show. It's more elaborate than expected and the Royal Historians make a lot of topical jokes and pop-culture references. That reminded me of the Genie at the old Aladdin show at California Adventure. I gather they update their material regularly as some of the references were pretty recent (like they were making fun of the Oscar's flub that has just happened a couple of weeks prior). It's worth trying at least once. Singing along is optional.

The jokes have changed over time, and vary based on the performers. We go at least once/day at DHS because we enjoy it so much, and we are all adults.

We must have had bad 'historians' or I was really expecting so much more to be put in that big theater. I couldn't believe I was wasting my time (and DH's) watching clips from the movies during the sing-a-long and having two 'townspeople' tell us the story. I was expecting so much more - maybe an animatronic Olaf or something more "Disney-like". I'm surprised at how many people enjoy this who have gone without kids. I don't think my kids would have thought this was very entertaining when they were young...maybe I'm wrong. I seem to be in the minority on these boards about this show.

We went over a year ago.

Last edited:
My early 40s friend, who is definitely not a Disney nut, liked the show. She said it was really funny.

My husband and I love the show. The historians keep us laughing. Saw it Monday and there were some new jokes.

We must have had bad 'historians' or I was really expecting so much more to be put in that big theater. I couldn't believe I was wasting my time (and DH's) watching clips from the movies during the sing-a-long and having two 'townspeople' tell us the story. I was expecting so much more - maybe an animatronic Olaf or something more "Disney-like". I'm surprised at how many people enjoy this who have gone without kids. I don't think my kids would have thought this was very entertaining when they were young...maybe I'm wrong. I seem to be in the minority on these boards about this show.

We went over a year ago.

I think it really depends on what historians are working when you visit. There is one pair that are absolutely hilarious that I have seen twice. They really get into it and it almost feels like an improv show. I have seen it once with different historians and it did feel like a spark was missing, although I still enjoyed it.

Saw it for the first time in January with my mother and niece. I loved it and plan to take the family to see it in December whether they want to go or not.
45 year old Disney Dad

We really enjoyed it including 17-yo DS who is absolutely sick of anything Frozen thanks to our 5-yo DD. We must of had the "good" historians because they were the stars of the show (unless there were any Falcons fans in the audience lol).

If you get good historians - it's a hoot! There's a bit of improv/updated jokes at times - and often the real meaning of them go right over the heads of kids. My January trip had a political reference (non-partisan, but still political) that was totally hilarious to every adult in the theater - and little ones just laughed because of the physical comedy that accompanied the words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter