Frozen Fireworks: Alaska on the Wonder July 2, 2012

Me, too. No way to get around the fact that the clothes are bulkier for this trip than a normal summer vacation. I figure the luggage fees are just part of the vacation cost.....gotta protect the investment by staying warm enough to enjoy it! We are flying Saturday morning as well and staying at a Marriott property.

Well Bunless, my Nikes don't match so well with my cocktail dress, so I'll be the one walking like a giraffe in my heels. :rotfl2:

The cruise I was on last year I was so excited because I was going to wear heels! I had ruptured my achilles a year before and was ready to bust out the cute shoes. I was all over the place that first night, truly going from wall to wall in the hallway. I was determined, though.

For comparison purposes, is the first sea day on the Alaska cruise worst than the first sea on the Mexican Riviera?

Bunless- with you being a ballerina and an instructor, would you mind giving me a lesson on how to make a really good bun? DD is in gymnastics and I can never get her hair to stay "competition ready" and her coach lectures the girls about it all the time.

No idea about the Mexican Riviera, sorry!

I can give you tips on a good bun, the true secret is to use a lunch lady style hair net that you get in a pack of three at the drug store. There's a couple of other tips, depending on hair type. I'm terrible at doing kids hair... when you see mine, you'll understand.

Is anyone else stressed out over the packing besides me??? We fly out Sat. morning and I'm finding it impossible to pack in anything but a large suitcase per person. The baggage fees aren't going to be pretty...

Yes, and I'm not even flying.

Me, too. No way to get around the fact that the clothes are bulkier for this trip than a normal summer vacation. I figure the luggage fees are just part of the vacation cost.....gotta protect the investment by staying warm enough to enjoy it! We are flying Saturday morning as well and staying at a Marriott property.

I am packing one bag with all the coats and some uggs. Looks like I am going to use all the luggage tags. haha

I can give you tips on a good bun, the true secret is to use a lunch lady style hair net that you get in a pack of three at the drug store. There's a couple of other tips, depending on hair type. I'm terrible at doing kids hair... when you see mine, you'll understand.

I agree with the hairnets.. since we started using them DD bun has stayed in. Now at 10 she has been doing her own dance buns and given DH a break from having to get her ready for Dance. For performances, I still do the bun, as I want them to be a bit neater. Also lots of hairspray to make the pins stick.

Is anyone else stressed out over the packing besides me??? We fly out Sat. morning and I'm finding it impossible to pack in anything but a large suitcase per person. The baggage fees aren't going to be pretty...

OMG... and have of our stuff is already up in Seattle it went up in the car last week and now I am not even sure what I put in those bags. It could be cool or it could be slightly warm. Just hard to say.

I am packing one bag with all the coats and some uggs. Looks like I am going to use all the luggage tags. haha

I put DD uggs in but Mine are so darn fluffy I just felt they might be too overkill for Summer in Seattle or Alaska.

I am struggling because even when it is 50 degrees here in Arizona, I wear sandels and capris, but I know 50 degrees and damp weather is a lot different.

This packing thing is crazy. We're driving. We have three bags that my son couldn't get in his car and we haven't even got ours packed, yet. Yikes! It looks like 'Nanook of the North' threw-up on the bed. Where am I going to put the essentials like, underware, etc.! Ugh.

I agree with the hairnets.. since we started using them DD bun has stayed in. Now at 10 she has been doing her own dance buns and given DH a break from having to get her ready for Dance. For performances, I still do the bun, as I want them to be a bit neater. Also lots of hairspray to make the pins stick.

:confused: How do you use a harinet with a bun? Do you pull the hair up on a ponytail and then wrap the hairnet around the ponytail??

:confused: How do you use a harinet with a bun? Do you pull the hair up on a ponytail and then wrap the hairnet around the ponytail??

You make the bun, secure it enough that it won't fall out, then wrap the hairnet around the bun so that you're holding in all the hair. If you don't have a lot of hair, you might have to wrap it a few times. When I was dancing (and had long hair) I'd re-wrap it about three times. Some students who have a lot of hair only wrap it around once. Once the hair net is on, commence with the bobby pins until nothing moves.
http://nextdance.com/blog/how-to-do-a-performance-perfect-bun.html

Yikes! It looks like 'Nanook of the North' threw-up on the bed. Where am I going to put the essentials like, underware, etc.! Ugh.

:rotfl:Yes!!! Our essentials consist of the princess dresses, crowns, sparkly shoes, pillowcases to autograph, door magnets, etc., etc. We have NO room for underwear!

:rotfl:Yes!!! Our essentials consist of the princess dresses, crowns, sparkly shoes, pillowcases to autograph, door magnets, etc., etc. We have NO room for underwear!

Now that could be an interesting trip. :eek:

This packing thing is crazy. We're driving. We have three bags that my son couldn't get in his car and we haven't even got ours packed, yet. Yikes! It looks like 'Nanook of the North' threw-up on the bed. Where am I going to put the essentials like, underware, etc.! Ugh.

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon...
All the FE goodies are assembled in their packs and ready to go :banana:

DS clothes all laid out on the floor of his room...need to put them in his suitcase...
DF (Disney friend) says all his stuff is packed..

Oh it is 90 here today.....packing 'Nanook of the North' clothes is KILLING me...but it is going to be AWESOME I just know it!

My stuff all laid out on our bed...yep 'Nanook of the North' threw up for sure :rotfl2:

DH...he is packing his own stuff.....

I feel like there might be light at the end of the tunnel now...:laundy:

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

What time is the meet again please???

The meet up is in the Promenade Lounge at 3pm. Looking forward to meeting everyone and you Allentowners. We have a lot of family around there.

Travelbee - you can look on Youtube.com for tutorials on just about any hairstyle. Way too many hairstyles.

We've just expanded our suitcases today to make room for all the costumes, those are taking up quite a bit of room. Forgot about those zipper extenders, I've never had to use them before.

We're packed!:yay: Four bags. I couldn't find anything now if I had too. Saw my gloves this morning, didn't see my gloves this afternoon. Hope they just hopped in the bags. We're leaving in the morning with or without!

I'm exhausted, going to order pizza and put my feet up and watch tv:happytv:

Excited about meeting everyone! See you in Seattle! :car:

Thanks for all the advice on the bun!. I'll have to practice more...

We're packed and leaving tomorrow. 2 check-in bags and 3 carryons:eek:. And I generally pride myself in packing light but with the thick warm clothing, costumes, formal wear, and FEs, this is not one of those times:rolleyes1.

We're in the throes of packing too -- leaving our house at about 6:30am on Saturday. The Google Doc where I keep my packing list is now *8 pages* long! I've gone through and listed out every outfit for my girls and myself (ha) for each day. DH is on his own but for Palo, formal night, and semi-formal night. I'm hoping to re-use some of my clothes and do laundry, but I'm laughing at myself for how long the list is getting even so! Our guest room bed really does look like the abominable snowman threw up all over it... It will all resolve in the next 24 hours! Somehow it will! Really! :confused3

PS -- does anyone else feel like they're swimming in shoes?! Warm shoes, dress shoes, running shoes, rainboots/shoes...it's endless!

PS -- does anyone else feel like they're swimming in shoes?! Warm shoes, dress shoes, running shoes, rainboots/shoes...it's endless!

Always, it's the hardest thing to pare down when packing.

I realized today that I need to wear my two fancy cocktail dresses this Friday and Saturday night, and then have to wear them again on the boat. I'm guessing I'll be using the ships dry cleaning services!

Lol... YES...hard part is that 2 1/2 suitcases are already up in seattle and I am not even sure what was put in them. I called DH who is there and asked him to look if I put in Socks for myself. Now I have decided the high heel dress shows I put in might be too much, so I am going to take dress flats. Ahhhh... The hardest part is rain shoes. We don't get rain, so I don't have anything.

I have more more day of work and then head out to Seattle tomorrow. We will be at Serious Pie or Lola's downtown for Dinner tomorrow night after they pick me up from the airport. We did Palace Kitchen last year and loved Tom Douglas's selections, so wanted to try another one of his restaraunts.

I've got waterproof hiking shoes packed for me, and rainboots packed for the girls...now I'm debating whether I want to take my rainboots as well ;) Such dilemmas!!

We arrive tomorrow midday, and I think we'll hit Pike Place Market before heading to my aunt's house for a home-cooked meal mmmmmmmm :) Sunday is Woodinville wine country (and stocking up for the ship!) while my aunt keeps the girls, followed by another family dinner. And then -- THE WONDER!!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter