From resort to resort

Jlenn

Earning My Ears
Ok, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this, our family will be going to WDW in July and staying in the art of animation Disney resort and my in-laws will be staying in their RV at the WDW wilderness resort...my question is, will we be able to visit them and take part in the wilderness activities, since technically we are not staying with them in their RV? That’s is pretty much the only reason they choose to stay there but I can’t seem to find out for sure if we would be able to do the actual activities with them, I have only seen where you can tour the area

Further down the list of forums is one specifically for Camping; but you should be able to do any free activities with them, and pay for any paid activities. Examples: you and they can make S'mores at the campfire (or just you can - open to everyone), or you and they (or just you) can go horseback riding.

You can't drive to their campsite, though. You can drive to the entrance and take an internal bus, or use a paid service to the entrance and take an internal bus, or take a boat from Magic Kingdom and then (probably, depending on your energy and their loop) take an internal bus...

Further down the list of forums is one specifically for Camping; but you should be able to do any free activities with them, and pay for any paid activities. Examples: you and they can make S'mores at the campfire (or just you can - open to everyone), or you and they (or just you) can go horseback riding.

You can't drive to their campsite, though. You can drive to the entrance and take an internal bus, or use a paid service to the entrance and take an internal bus, or take a boat from Magic Kingdom and then (probably, depending on your energy and their loop) take an internal bus...

Thank you, we are only a month away from vacation and we were worried we might not get to do everything we wanted with them, sounds like getting there will be the most work but thanks again!

Since the sites allow up to 10 people I would have your family add you to their reservations. That way you could get through the gate by giving them your name and the site #, park in the outpost lot and take the Yellow, Purple or Orange bus to the site.

You can get to any WDW resort from any other WDW resort. Just go to the bus area at the hotel and ask the drivers which one you need to take to get to the campground. Do it all the time....

If your in-laws can pick you up at the front of FW(via golf cart or if they tow a car behind their RV) thats the best option. Otherwise you'll have to take the internal bus after parking your car at the front of FW. If you don't have a car you'll need to take a bus to Disney Spring from AoA and transfer from there to the FW bus, the reverse on way home. And yes its as cumbersome as it sounds :) . Other option is Uber/Lyft.

Another option is to approach the guard hut at Fort Wilderness and tell the guard that you are there to visit Joe-and-Mary-Inlaws and they are in site number whatever. He should confirm their presence on his sheet and let you in to either park up front or drive down to their site if there is room to park all four tires on the site pavement.

Also, the Minnie Vans (operated by Disney) can take you directly to your in-law's campsite but the ride apps such as Uber and Lyft can/should only take you as far as the FW check-in building. So the in-laws would have to come get you there or you could walk the short distance to the Outpost Bus station and take an internal bus to the nearest bus stop to them (three lines - Orange, Yellow, Purple). Map at the bus stop tells who which color line goes by which camping loops. Example campsite #921 is in the 900 loop.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter