Friends of Dorothy Sept 17, 2006

I have no clue what cruise you guys are talking about, but I'm jealous :sad1:

ConcKahuna said:
I have no clue what cruise you guys are talking about, but I'm jealous :sad1:

We are talking about the Disney Cruiseline 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Wonder leaving Sept. 17.

Any of you that would like a list of those of us cruising together please email me at nordkin@aol.com and I will send you the list. I think it would be fun for all of to get together at some point on the ship. Let me know your thoughts.

nordkin said:
We are talking about the Disney Cruiseline 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Wonder leaving Sept. 17.

Any of you that would like a list of those of us cruising together please email me at nordkin@aol.com and I will send you the list. I think it would be fun for all of to get together at some point on the ship. Let me know your thoughts.

And, please, you guys, take lots and lots of photos!

Hey everyone, This is Bill and Tim. We had no idea this thread was here. Boy was i HAPPY. I was on here reading the thread about how boring Gay Couples are, and stumbled across this. lol I even think that one of the couples that had their story on the other board is going to be on the cruise. Too kewl. We are so ready for a vacation and we look forward to meeting and hanging out with everyone. Let us know if there are any special things planned!!!!

tde1969 said:
Hey everyone, This is Bill and Tim. We had no idea this thread was here. Boy was i HAPPY. I was on here reading the thread about how boring Gay Couples are, and stumbled across this. lol I even think that one of the couples that had their story on the other board is going to be on the cruise. Too kewl. We are so ready for a vacation and we look forward to meeting and hanging out with everyone. Let us know if there are any special things planned!!!!

Welcome Bill and Tim!

Only 38 days until the cruise!

dan

OK guys-- we are getting very close to this cruise and I think we need to set up a place and time to meet on the ship. I am open to any and all suggestions. Also remember, I have a list of those who have posted on this thread that they are going. It is on my work computer, so I will post the list tomorrow. I hope we can get something planned.

Welcome Tim and Bill. I'm glad Joi and I will get to see you again. We enjoyed the last cruise with the two of you.

Donna

We should try to meet on the first day. That way we can get to know everyone and have each other to hang with on the rest of the cruise. We're up for anywhere, although near the bar will be nice, lol.

I second the idea of meeting during the first day. Maybe shortly after the sail away party, like around 5:30 or 6:00. We could meet at Signals (the bar near the adult pool). OR we could meet before dinner (if everyone has late dinner seating) in the Cadillac Lounge around 7:30. Just a few suggestions. Any other ideas?

We could do either one of those ideas. We have late seating so that's not a problem at all. It's been too long, what time is the early show?

The earlier the better for us. We have main seating, something new for us. And who knows we may be up to 5 cabins now. I'm not planning anything for this trip...everyone will just have to be lost on their own!

It's lovely in Florida. Just watched the fireworks at Epcot, well the top part that I could see. :) Waiting for Magic Kingdom to come up in about 30 minutes. It's very tempting to move here but my money is in VA for now. Oh well! It's a lovely, quiet evening, might go swimming after the fireworks.

Another option: If meeting at 5:30 or 6:00 will be a problem for people with early seating (doesn't early seating start around 6:00? Not sure.) we could meet immediately after the life boat drill, at around 4:30 or 4:45 at Signals. Leave your muster station, go back to your room to drop off the life jacket, then head for Signals. This way we will all be up on deck for the start of the sail away party.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

donald...really said:
Another option: If meeting at 5:30 or 6:00 will be a problem for people with early seating (doesn't early seating start around 6:00? Not sure.) we could meet immediately after the life boat drill, at around 4:30 or 4:45 at Signals. Leave your muster station, go back to your room to drop off the life jacket, then head for Signals. This way we will all be up on deck for the start of the sail away party.

This works for us. Since it is my mother's first cruise I don't want her to miss the sail away party or the show the first night.

donald...really said:

Sounds good to us too-now if I only remember!

Dan

Not to make this complicated, but I think we should pick an alternative indoor spot in case of bad weather. On one of our cruises they cancelled the sail away party because of rain and high winds. I would hate for us to either a) be standing outside in horrible weather trying to chat and be friendly, or b) not be able to meet and then spend the remainder of the cruise wondering who the other "friends of Dorothy" are.

Also, do we have a list of the people we are expecting?

There will be no bad weather on MY cruise so I don't know what you're talking about. :) If it happens to be pouring rain and sunshine at the same time (as it was on Sunday) we can slip into Cove Cafe, no?

I haven't been on the Wonder in ages...

rcostello1 said:
There will be no bad weather on MY cruise so I don't know what you're talking about. :) If it happens to be pouring rain and sunshine at the same time (as it was on Sunday) we can slip into Cove Cafe, no?

I haven't been on the Wonder in ages...

Sounds good to me-if it is raining then lets meet in the Cove Cafe which is Deck 9 Forward port side.

4:30-4:45

Dan

I agree about Cove Cafe if it is raining. I will post the list of people tomorrow when I have access to the spreadsheet on my work computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter