• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

French Quarter or Coronado Springs?

Buzz2001 said:
We've been to CSR 8 times and we still love it just as much as our first time back in 1998....

Thanks for your info. I'm going to check out the site now!

I have to throw my vote in for POFQ. I just prefer the size of the resort compared to CSR. I also feel like CSR can be overrun with people attending conventions, and even with its size feel crowded. I remember it being easier to park closer to the rooms at POFQ, and its nice to be able to walk to refill the mugs.

Definitely CSR! No shared busing, better pool and walking around the path at night is romantic. Try the hammocks too on the white sandy beach! You'll love it!

CSR hands down!! Very romantic resort with all the amentities you'll need to have a great stay!!!

Prior to this past week, I would have voted POFQ with no hesitation. However, I had never stayed at CSR at that point. This past weekend, dh and I decided to extend our 8 day vacation at WDW 2 more days. EVERYTHING was booked -- including off-site resorts within a 30 minute drive of WDW. Dh wouldn't give up and kept calling WDW reservations in the hope of obtaining someone's cancelled room. We ended up with a room at CSR ($109 with AP). I was less than thrilled at first, because I'd heard so little about this resort. Well....we LOVED CSR. We were in building #2 of the Casitas. Our 1st floor room (which I highly recommend.) directly overlooked a long fountain (beautiful when lit at night) and an angled view of a quiet pool. We were just a short walk to the Peppermarket (HUGE selection of not-your-average counterservice food) and the Maya Grill (can't say that the menu excited me - so we ate at the Peppermarket instead). I had heard that the food service area at this resort was just not big enough for the size of this resort. This is absolutely NOT so!! The resort was COMPLETELY full when we stayed, yet there were plenty of tables available at both eating areas at the most prime times.

From the Casitas, we had a little bit of a walk to the pool. However, there were lots of carts about on which you could catch a ride. We chose to walk so that we could appreciate the beautiful landscaping/theming.

My 3 children loved the feature pool. We had no trouble obtaining a life jacket for our 4 year old (something we were only able to do once during the prior 8 days at AKL!!) but could not find an infant-sized jacket (Although we knew they had them, we never found one at AKL either.). My 4 yo had a blast going down the slide. However, there was no one manning the top of the slide and most parents (like myself) were waiting at the bottom of the slide; so I suspect he and some other little ones irritated the bigger kids by cutting in line. I overheard several people complain about how busy the pool was, but dh and I found it much LESS crowded than the AKL pool. Two other pluses were the large number of chairs within view of the pool (many at AKL are tucked into nooks and crannies out of sight of the pool) and the baby pool/play area within view of the big pool (AKL's was walled-in and out of sight). The only negative was the baby play area really didn't have much water to sit and splash in. It was more of the squirting water nature -- something that my 2 yo didn't like.

Others of you on here have commented on the conference-y feeling of this hotel. I guess it depends on what kind of conferences are going on at the time of your visit. There were a couple of different conferences listed this past weekend during our visit. While we saw some small group of young adults there as part of the NAACP Leadership Conference and some older people there for some sort of training, we mostly saw families visiting WDW. CSR did NOT have a business-like feel to it during our visit. However, I'm sure this would be different if there were some HUGE conference going on. On the plus side, we loved having high speed internet access in our room and Wi-Fi available at the pool.

After our visit to CSR this past weekend, I will heartily recommend it to others and also will plan on returning! I enjoyed it every bit as much (but in a different way) as AKL.

SqueakyMouse said:
On the plus side, we loved having high speed internet access in our room and Wi-Fi available at the pool.

What were the fees for wifi/internet access?

SqueakyMouse said:
Prior to this past week, I would have voted POFQ with no hesitation. However, I had never stayed at CSR at that point. This past weekend, dh and I decided to extend our 8 day vacation at WDW 2 more days. EVERYTHING was booked -- including off-site resorts within a 30 minute drive of WDW. Dh wouldn't give up and kept calling WDW reservations in the hope of obtaining someone's cancelled room. We ended up with a room at CSR ($109 with AP). I was less than thrilled at first, because I'd heard so little about this resort. Well....we LOVED CSR. We were in building #2 of the Casitas. Our 1st floor room (which I highly recommend.) directly overlooked a long fountain (beautiful when lit at night) and an angled view of a quiet pool. We were just a short walk to the Peppermarket (HUGE selection of not-your-average counterservice food) and the Maya Grill (can't say that the menu excited me - so we ate at the Peppermarket instead). I had heard that the food service area at this resort was just not big enough for the size of this resort. This is absolutely NOT so!! The resort was COMPLETELY full when we stayed, yet there were plenty of tables available at both eating areas at the most prime times.

From the Casitas, we had a little bit of a walk to the pool. However, there were lots of carts about on which you could catch a ride. We chose to walk so that we could appreciate the beautiful landscaping/theming.

My 3 children loved the feature pool. We had no trouble obtaining a life jacket for our 4 year old (something we were only able to do once during the prior 8 days at AKL!!) but could not find an infant-sized jacket (Although we knew they had them, we never found one at AKL either.). My 4 yo had a blast going down the slide. However, there was no one manning the top of the slide and most parents (like myself) were waiting at the bottom of the slide; so I suspect he and some other little ones irritated the bigger kids by cutting in line. I overheard several people complain about how busy the pool was, but dh and I found it much LESS crowded than the AKL pool. Two other pluses were the large number of chairs within view of the pool (many at AKL are tucked into nooks and crannies out of sight of the pool) and the baby pool/play area within view of the big pool (AKL's was walled-in and out of sight). The only negative was the baby play area really didn't have much water to sit and splash in. It was more of the squirting water nature -- something that my 2 yo didn't like.

Others of you on here have commented on the conference-y feeling of this hotel. I guess it depends on what kind of conferences are going on at the time of your visit. There were a couple of different conferences listed this past weekend during our visit. While we saw some small group of young adults there as part of the NAACP Leadership Conference and some older people there for some sort of training, we mostly saw families visiting WDW. CSR did NOT have a business-like feel to it during our visit. However, I'm sure this would be different if there were some HUGE conference going on. On the plus side, we loved having high speed internet access in our room and Wi-Fi available at the pool.

After our visit to CSR this past weekend, I will heartily recommend it to others and also will plan on returning! I enjoyed it every bit as much (but in a different way) as AKL.
Love your review! You hit on all the points we love about CSR too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter