Freezing weather and tents

Kay1

<font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b
We spent 5 days at Disney, though not at FW this time. We are thinking of arranging a small family reunion at FW and at least one member has only a tent. Yesterday when we got up it was only 20-something degrees and I believe it was below freezing again last night and then a couple of weeks ago. Here's my question - does Disney even allow tent camping in such weather, or do they evacuate campers like they do in hurricaine weather? Yesterday they were putting enormous heaters on trees and plants so they must worry about tent campers, right?

As far as i know you are aloud to camp,no matter what the weather is. Maybe Scott or Ronda can help on this one???

wdwfortwildernesslogo.gif

{Dreams Do Come True at Walts Place}
cmprmov4.gif

we have been tent camping at FW twice. both times it was HOT. I would definitely prefer the colder weather. just have to be prepared with the right air mattress, sleeping bag and other gear. May want to get dressed inside the covers too !

Sounds WONDERFUL to me !!!

We've been in the same situation. We have an RV, but family that came with us was in a tent. We were there in December and it did get cold. We set them up with an electric blanket and an electric heater. They were fine. It was really cold when we were there this December, as well, and there were many families tent-camping ..... brave souls!!

Wetent camped the first 3 nights of this month when the temps were down about 32 every night (according to my thermometer). We had an electric heater in the tent - thank goodness, or we would have frozen, even with good sleeping mats, sleeping bags rated to 20 degrees, etc. It was actually pretty fun, but I did miss being able to enjoy the campfire - it was just too cold and even my 3 year old told me he wanted to go back to the tent when we took him.

The walk to the bathroom in the morning wasn't such a dream either!!

But all in all, we had an EXCELLENT time!

Thanks, all, for responding. Last February, before we had a camper, we tent camped at FW, and before we left, I asked around about staying warm and most people thought we would be electrocuted by electric blankets and maybe burned ( can't remember ) by a heater. Anyhow, it only got down to 45 degrees that night, but that was plenty cold. At 32 degrees I'm pretty sure I would have been sleeping in the bathroom.

Actually, the bathrooms didn't feel that much warmer than the outside air...don't they have heat??? I did notice quite a few people hanging out in the laundry room every night. It was pretty toasty in the with the warmth from the dryers. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter