FreedomPop Service

Forum Jumper

uses lots of words
I am seeing this Pop Freedom sim card for free calls and data in Europe. Has anyone tried this card/service in the US or Europe?

If you mean FreedomPop https://www.freedompop.com/, then yes, I have one of the SIMs in a spare phone. The deal is simple, as long as you don't go over 500 texts, 200 minutes, or 500MB of data each month, you don't get charged. You do have to keep a credit card on file in case of overages. In Texas (and most places, I think) it piggybacks off the Sprint network.

I haven't looked into this service much more since I last posted. Now, we are planning to go to Europe next summer and I am looking for affordable "Global service". It looks like you get a Global SIM card from FreedomPop, pay the first month of $29.99, and go online into your account and switch to free service before the first 30 days have passed, getting free service from that point on. Is that about it?

I have never heard of this, but sim cards in Europe are pretty cheap. I wouldn't even worry about doing this. Make sure your phone is not locked into a certain network here in the US and you can just buy a sim card when you get to Europe. my family of 4 with smart phones paid maybe $120 the most..with unlimited everything in Europe, here in the US I am at $250 with a discount! Don't stress about it!

just an fyi... my ds used freedompop for a couple of years- yes it worked- but it was a PITA 100%- every month they ended up charging my cc 4.99 even though he was on the totally free plan. I never did get my money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter