FREE Microsoft Student 2006 ($99 value)

My confirmation said to be shipped within 14 business days. That has come and gone.....They aren't delivering, I don't think. I have written to the email address they provided 3 times with a request for information, but they never even responed. I ordered 8/21 or 8/22.

Don't know if this is of any help or just more false hope :) ...

but another computer-ish blog spot (I searched for the offer on Google to check out other forums) says people are getting theirs. There are pages of complaints about not getting them, the 14 days being over, blah blah blah and then a few are getting them (and even posting pictures).

There is also some speculation about whether people ordered more than one (for family members, etc) whether that canceled out or not....

all just reported from another site. Don't flame me if someone there is pulling our leg! :teeth:

tink2020 said:
Don't know if this is of any help or just more false hope :) ...

but another computer-ish blog spot (I searched for the offer on Google to check out other forums) says people are getting theirs. There are pages of complaints about not getting them, the 14 days being over, blah blah blah and then a few are getting them (and even posting pictures).

There is also some speculation about whether people ordered more than one (for family members, etc) whether that canceled out or not....

all just reported from another site. Don't flame me if someone there is pulling our leg! :teeth:

I believe we will get them enventually. I am sure that it was very popular and since it was free I can't imagine them killing themselves to ship ALL the requests within 14 days. Plus I figure they didn't use any express type shipping either.

The board I originally found this on, people are just starting to get theirs as ofFriday/Saturday. Keep in mind that 14 business days is almost 3 weeks and there was a holiday in there as well. Plus they're shipping USPS and if you've read some of the ebay threads that deal with shipping, you'll see that a lot of people have been waiting a lot longer than usual for packages via USPS since the hurricane. Things that used to take a few days are taking a week or two.

So be patient.

hmmm...the old phrase "you can't get something for nothing" comes to mind.

Isnt it " You cant always get what you want" Oh i think that is a phrase from the rolling stones... :rotfl:

I got this in an email tonight...

Dear Customer,

Many of you have been sending emails inquiring about your order of Microsoft Student 2006, in which an order was confirmed. Due to the overwhelming interest in Microsoft Student 2006, all available free seeding copies have been distributed. This limited time offer is now over. Microsoft Student 2006 is available at Best Buy, Office Depot, Staples, CompUSA, Wal-Mart and other fine retailers. We will contact you as soon as more information is available from Microsoft, until then we will not be fulfilling any outstanding orders.

Thank you,

The Microsoft Student Team

I guess those of us who haven't recieved this yet aren't going to unless we give up the $$!

Yep, I'd sent 4 emails and got 4 of those messages.

In the board I found this deal on - someone got a response that said that Microsoft gave this company 16,000 copies to distribute however they wanted and they were trying to see if they could get more- but they only had 16,000. . . and someone made the observation that everyone they know that actually recieved it had used an email address that identified them as an educator. . .

So we'll see. . .

I did not recieve mine yet but used my school address. I am not sre which email I used.

I ordered this as soon as it was posted. I followed the latest threads up to the point where it was being said they would not be sending any more out. I just moments ago received this E-mail. It looks like we will be receiving them after all. One more Christmas gift taken care off.

Dear ,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft's new software for educators and students.

We are emailing you to let you know that we are in the process of sending you a free copy of Microsoft Student 2006 (one copy per address). Your product is scheduled to ship out to you by November 15 and will arrive approximately 7-10 days later via USPS.

We had an overwhelming response to our special limited time offer to educators for a free evaluation copy of the new product. This offer was intended to provide educators with the latest technology to help aid their students in academic success.

We are excited to send you copy of Microsoft Student and invite you to share your favorite features and best homework tips with us through email at mssteach@microsoft.com. Be sure to check out the features listed below, or for more information visit the web site at http://www.microsoft.com/student.

Learning Essentials for Students
* Microsoft Office-compatible templates, tutorials, and toolbars help students create high-quality reports and presentations.

Graphing Calculator
* A customizable 3-D calculator helps students visualize and solve complex math and science problems.

Online math homework help
* Complete sets of questions and answers taken directly from popular math textbooks offer step-by-step help

Encarta Premium Encyclopedia
* A full version of Microsoft Encarta Premium provides a world of trusted information to explore.

Project starters
* Organizational guides and tools take the stress out of starting projects.

Web Companion
* Web Companion improves Internet research with editorially approved content that is presented alongside Web search results.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Student Product Team

I came home and got this same email tonight. I saw who it was from and figured they probably were going to give me a "discounted" price or something. I'm glad they're sending them out finally...not sure if I should :cheer2: yet or not LOL Maybe I'll just hold it in for now until I actually recieve it! ::yes::

I got the email. :cool1: If this is the same program DH downloaded this week, your kids (and parents too) are going to enjoy it tremendously.

I got the same email as rebbeca got this morning. Guess it will be coming when we are at Disney. I was going to have the post office hold my mail. Hope this makes it to me when we get back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter