Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

DH came home last night and said that a friend from work has a WDW trip booked for October. The family consists of a husband, wife, and young child (around 4 or 5 years old). They are booked for three nights at Port Orleans and have a three day pass. They also have paid for the dining plan. DH says that their total price is around $1600. He said that they received a $400 discount or something like that but not free dining. I told him to tell this guy to call today and reprice with free dining. We have the full free dining offer booked for next month. What does this friend need to do to get it for October? Is it offered to everyone now for October?
Yes, the FD offer is now available to the public and they can add the code to their existing reservation, but if they got a $400.00 discount off rack rate, that would be a better deal than the free dining discount because for 2 adults and one child the DDP would cost approximately $90.00 per day, so for three nights that would only be a $270.00 discount.

Yes, the FD offer is now available to the public and they can add the code to their existing reservation, but if they got a $400.00 discount off rack rate, that would be a better deal than the free dining discount because for 2 adults and one child the DDP would cost approximately $90.00 per day, so for three nights that would only be a $270.00 discount.

OK. So I need to tell them to call and get the FD price and compare with the current package price. I will explain that they are probably better off with what they have now, but they can check to just make sure they have the cheaper offer. Thank you so much!

The promo says that you need to stay 5 nights, so I'm not sure they would be eligible for free dining with only a 3 night stay.

The promo says that you need to stay 5 nights, so I'm not sure they would be eligible for free dining with only a 3 night stay.

Three night minimum stay is the real number.

The 5 nights in the promo is just what they always use for their example - you don't actually have to book the exact same thing as the example...it's always a family of 4 with two adults, one junior and one child too, lol.

That 5 night quote is just for advertisement purposes. There is only a 3 night minimum requirement to receive the free dining discount.

free dining ends December 17 but I changed my dates to get there on Dec 17 until Dec 27 and I got free dining the entire time even Christmas. Saved my self $750. I upgraded to the regular plan since we were staying in value.

I sent all of the information to work by DH. His friend will have the weekend to check it out. I just wanted him to be able to save as much money as possible. Thanks so much for your help!

Just booked FDP for Dec 10-15 at POP last night. Took the quickservice...we only have 5 days so we thought it might be good not to be tied down to alot of dining reservations. :goodvibes

It's random. It's luck of the draw. I think I've registered on every Disney site known to man and I've never gotten the free dining pin. Got one from Disney Visa, but never through Disney Destinations. Some people swear that if you order a Disney Planning DVD then you will get a code. Some people have gotten them after ordering the DVD, but I have not.

I've ordered the DVD twice over five years time and I've never received a discount code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter