Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

ok so we are going to have to do a split trip also since we are arriving nov. 9th and free dining dont start till the 11th. But I have never done this before how does it work and if i have ADRs for the 9th and 10th i would just have to pay OOP for those correct?:confused 3pixiedust: :cool1:

This is my understanding from a CM explanation.

We had booked Dec. 3-13, but we're trying to change our dates to November 12-22. I've made dining reservations, and I'm just waiting to make sure DH can get the days off work.

The FD means we can upgrade from POR to WL! Woohoo!

Anyone now why they excluded the first week of December? In the previous mentioned dates they were included but not in the confirm dates. Sad :( Any other discount will be offer for such week? Please give me some hope.

Probably because the hotels are already so booked up that week.

So, if I understand correctly (and please bare with me, this is my 1st Disney trip for our family) I would miss out on a RO discount for the 1st part of our stay because we are arriving Oct 12th-27th.
I have the Poly booked from the 12th-17th, then BC 17th-22nd and then AKL 22nd-27th.
So, the RO would cover me from the 18th on wards...correct?
Are the AP dates normally the same as the GP RO dates?

If I'm correct, It would make more sense to extend the Poly to check out the 18th instead of the 17th, so that I could get the RO starting at the BC on the 18th. I don't really want to stay the 17th at the BC at full pop, and then possibly have to switch rooms from the 18th-22nd. Do you follow?

I have some thinking to do..I may even move AKL to the beginning and Poly at the end since the Poly is the most expensive resort without a discount. AKL is the cheapest one out of the 3...

Thank-you for you help, much appreciated!!! :)

I think what Black was stating is that RO discounts are usually announced around the same time as free dining; but RO dates CAN be more expanded, cover a wider date range. So there could be less moving things around for you:goodvibes Good luck!

**************.net reports (if rumor true) that the free dining dates are for Europe and South America..... when the free dining special comes out for the U.S., do you think it will be the same dates? Isn't this all speculation now? I prefer a room discount anyway... hoping for a discount for an arrival date sometime Oct. 11 - 13 and stay through Oct. 20.

Other than the UK, which gets its own offers, Disney doesn't do promos just for these countries. The last leak began exactly this way as well, South America and Europe and everything dropped the same day.

This is great news!! :cheer2:

I'm an AP holder, but since I have to buy a minimum 2-day MYW ticket, what are my options for the ticket? Do we have to use the MYW tickets on this trip, or can I keep it indefinitely and use it to get a new AP later (which could be more than a year away, we're not planning to renew when our current one runs out). Could we add days to it years down the line? Is there a way to have it separated from our room key so we can put the tickets away somewhere safe?

I think what Black was stating is that RO discounts are usually announced around the same time as free dining; but RO dates CAN be more expanded, cover a wider date range. So there could be less moving things around for you:goodvibes Good luck!

Yes, sorry...that's what I was trying to say.

This is great news!! :cheer2:

I'm an AP holder, but since I have to buy a minimum 2-day MYW ticket, what are my options for the ticket? Do we have to use the MYW tickets on this trip, or can I keep it indefinitely and use it to get a new AP later (which could be more than a year away, we're not planning to renew when our current one runs out). Could we add days to it years down the line? Is there a way to have it separated from our room key so we can put the tickets away somewhere safe?

You can get the tickets taken off of your KTTW card and save them for your next AP. :thumbsup2

Omg yay!!! So exciting! I need help though! Our dates are Nov.16-22 and we have a little mermaid room at AoA. What are our options and what would you do?! We are a family of 5, three children ages 8, 6, and not quite 2. My parents are adult sister are also joining us. I will switch resorts in a heartbeat, no problem! What is the cheapest Moderate Resort? CB? Help!

OMGosh!! Are we on the same wave length...lol. We both posted at same TIME!!! Mine is right above yours! Let me know if you have more questions/clarifications???pixiedust:

You would have to pay OOP for the 9TH and 10TH. You MAY have to change rooms, because it will go in as a split stay. You have to book the 9TH and 10TH as RO and the rest of your days with free dining. You will also need to go to guest services at one of the parks to get your tickets early.[/QUOTE]

ok sounds easy enough but just to clarify i have to get my tickets early from any park guest services not the hotel and one last question would it be cheaper to stay at a value and upgrade the dining or do most people upgrade to a moderate?

Ok, got it now..thank-you so much for clearing that up for me:)

Dont want to burst anyones bubble, but this info has been out for weeks. On here and FB.

This is the first I am seeing with the 12/12 all of the pins were for 12/15. Where else did you see the 12/12 date?
Just curious. I have been hoping the dates would change. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter