Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

It was first reported on **************.net. No exact dates yet, but keep following his site because I am sure they will follow soon. With the RO that came out along with Sept free dining offer, RO had expanded dates, so hopefully that will ring true for this next upcoming offer as well.:goodvibes

Yep, that is the first place I saw the Free Dining info also. Thanks so much Joe for keeping all these threads going. I am so happy it is finally going public and now I can finally relax. Although I will be more relaxed once we are booked. Hopefully on the 29TH! I will be using my Disney Visa for all three rooms, so we can all get it a few days ahead of the public. Am I right in thinking, I only need to put $200 on my Visa for the other 2 rooms? I already put down way more than that on my package all on my Visa card, so I don't think I will need to make another payment. I think I will just pay it off when it comes out though. :)

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I took a big chance and bought our airfare back in April for Oct 19-25. Do you mean it actually worked for me this time and there really will be FD during our stay? WOO HOO!!!!!!

Thank you for the updates! :thumbsup2

Question: I already have a trip booked at the Coronado for November 14-23. It's for a Room and Ticket package. How would i go about changing that to a free dining promotion package? I made the reservations on my own.

Thanks for the help!

On the first day of release, would recommend calling as soon as phone lines open (7am eastern) and then just ask to have free dining added to your current package. Would have a backup room/resort category in mind just in case there is no availability with your current booking; with that said, however, Coronado usually does have one of the most rooms available for promotions:goodvibes Good luck!!! If I missed anything, please someone help us out?;)

Edit: If you have a Disney Visa and are planning to call if offer is opened up to holders first, then I believe a $200 payment would have to be put on that card.

Can someone please explain to me why the excluded rooms (and campsites) are excluded??

LM rooms are excluded because they sellout without needing to offer a discount. The campsites are not included because they are not a resort. FD is offered to fill resort rooms, plus, you can have up to 10 people on a single campsite. That is way too much food to give away. Not sure about the 3 bedrooms, but maybe that is too many people, too.

YAY!!!! So hoping this is true, and since I know how reliable you typically are I am believing this to be true! Dates start the day before we check in! So excited, cause this is why we picked to go this time of year and why we decided to try the dining plan! I'm going to be going crazy waiting to hear from my TA for the next 2 weeks!:cool1:

Yep, that is the first place I saw the Free Dining info also. Thanks so much Joe for keeping all these threads going. I am so happy it is finally going public and now I can finally relax. Although I will be more relaxed once we are booked. Hopefully on the 29TH! I will be using my Disney Visa for all three rooms, so we can all get it a few days ahead of the public. Am I right in thinking, I only need to put $200 on my Visa for the other 2 rooms? I already put down way more than that on my package all on my Visa card, so I don't think I will need to make another payment. I think I will just pay it off when it comes out though. :)

Dave runs that site and he and I have been having constant discussions over free dining for quote some time. He's a great guy and we shared quite a bit of information over the past couple of months.

Dave runs that site and he and I have been having constant discussions over free dining for quote some time. He's a great guy and we shared quite a bit of information over the past couple of months.

He is indeed - and so are you! My heroes :)

I do have some questions if there are any pro's out there that would be willing to help! We are already booked for Nov 12th thru 18th at POFQ. We booked back in April. When I upgrade to FD, I will have to pay the new price for tickets, right? If thats right, does anyone know how much that increase was? We have 5 day MYW no hoppers if that helps!

Stupid question time but I just can't remember, sorry!

Ok, we have a trip booked, only the last 2 days fall under the FD. I cannot apply FD and have it for the whole trip, correct? I'd have to "check out" & check back in for those 2 days to get FD?

Has anyone heard about a room only discount in OCT or Nov.?

oh my, why is the week after thanksgiving not included?:guilty:

Nov. 29-Dec. 8 was included in the FD pin codes, does that mean those dates are all booked up and no need for free dining or what?:rolleyes:

i got a pin code for FD for NOv.29, im all set but got extended family also going and they were waiting/hoping it will be open when it goes public but its not! OMG, what do i do now :confused3

Ok, we have a trip booked, only the last 2 days fall under the FD. I cannot apply FD and have it for the whole trip, correct? I'd have to "check out" & check back in for those 2 days to get FD?

alas, that is true. It is your check in date that is important for the FD offer. You can have Fd discount applied for your whole stay (up to 14 days) as long as you check in by the last date in the offer. Unfortunately, you can't apply it to any dates before your check in date.
You could do a 'split stay' to have Fd for your last 2 days, though.

Can someone please explain to me why the excluded rooms (and campsites) are excluded??
They discount rooms that they need occupied, so occupancy on those that are not included is already high. No need to discount. Campsites can accommodate a lot of people and are pretty cheap, so giving free dining there would just not be a good financial decision.

Thank you for the updates! :thumbsup2

Question: I already have a trip booked at the Coronado for November 14-23. It's for a Room and Ticket package. How would i go about changing that to a free dining promotion package? I made the reservations on my own.

Thanks for the help!
Just call CRO the day it goes public and ask to add free dining. Easy as can be. :)

Omg yay!!! So exciting! I need help though! Our dates are Nov.16-22 and we have a little mermaid room at AoA. What are our options and what would you do?! We are a family of 5, three children ages 8, 6, and not quite 2. My parents are adult sister are also joining us. Help!
Sadly the LM rooms are not ever included. Too high of a demand. I guess it depends on just how badly you want those specific rooms. For me I would change resorts and save the money, but many don't like to move.

ok so we are going to have to do a split trip also since we are arriving nov. 9th and free dining dont start till the 11th. But I have never done this before how does it work and if i have ADRs for the 9th and 10th i would just have to pay OOP for those correct?:confused 3pixiedust: :cool1:
You would have to pay OOP for the 9TH and 10TH. You MAY have to change rooms, because it will go in as a split stay. You have to book the 9TH and 10TH as RO and the rest of your days with free dining. You will also need to go to guest services at one of the parks to get your tickets early.

Nov. 29-Dec. 8 was included in the FD pin codes, does that mean those dates are all booked up and no need for free dining or what?:rolleyes:

i got a pin code for FD for NOv.29, im all set but got extended family also going and they were waiting/hoping it will be open when it goes public but its not! OMG, what do i do now :confused3

You can book up to 3 rooms with your pin.

OMG, I just saw the leak earlier this morning on David's site but I guess now it's official:cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2: thank you disney gods!!!!!

And disneyfantothend, I'm so glad for you and everyone of us. HAPPY EATING!!!!

I do have some questions if there are any pro's out there that would be willing to help! We are already booked for Nov 12th thru 18th at POFQ. We booked back in April. When I upgrade to FD, I will have to pay the new price for tickets, right? If thats right, does anyone know how much that increase was? We have 5 day MYW no hoppers if that helps!

I would like to know this answer also I forgot about ticket prices going up

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey folks! When things are moving fast, like they are right now, some things might get missed. So, if your question is not answered, please ask again!!! :thumbsup2

My problem exactly. I guess we're going to Bonnet Creek. There's no way we will do a room only discount and save enough money to stay onsite. Free dining (we are 4 Disney adults now) worked great for us. Darn :sad1:

alas, that is true. It is your check in date that is important for the FD offer. You can have Fd discount applied for your whole stay (up to 14 days) as long as you check in by the last date in the offer. Unfortunately, you can apply it to any dates before your check in date.
You could do a 'split stay' to have Fd for your last 2 days, though.

FD requires a 3 night stay and the purchase of tickets, so not even a split stay would work in this case. A room offer is rumored to be coming out as wee, but no details yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter