Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, SPOERLX3. I am flexible with room categories and have my spreadsheet of choices all priced out--lol. That being said, if I can't find an available room at POR, I'm still going to Disney World, so I won't allow myself to be disappointed. :)

I bet you get it! ;) Being flexible is the key!
We will get to Disney one day before you and we are hoping to get 2 rooms with FD since we are a party of 6. :thumbsup2

Here is hoping we all get exactly what we want:dance3:

Thanks for the info everyone! Now to try to make a decision..we already purchased our airline tickets from Southwest for a great deal - I'm wondering if the flights will be as cheap in Nov? :confused3
We got flights from Southwest last November for $130 there and $136 back. I thought that was good.

Can you book online at midnight Thursday with the DV or do you have to call them? If you call, do you call the main WDW reservation number or a different DV number?

I bet you get it! ;) Being flexible is the key!
We will get to Disney one day before you and we are hoping to get 2 rooms with FD since we are a party of 6. :thumbsup2

Here is hoping we all get exactly what we want:dance3:

Fingers-crossed!

Checking on your check in date, there are still royal rooms available. Which is good. You are checking in before F&W, which is another good thing.
I also know that DV holders have a seperate block of rooms/certain amount of rooms allotted and once the DV early release is open to GP they normally open up more. So truly I think you are ok.
Just remember all 256 rooms in Oak Manor and all 256 rooms in Parterre Place are also Royal Guest rooms. That is over 500 Royal rooms.
By no means can I guarantee one will be available but If you call early, I think you will have a great shot on getting one :goodvibes

:tinker: pixie dust for you and for all my disboard friends that we all get exactly what we want!!!

I know you can't guarantee one, it would be great if you could:thumbsup2. It makes me relax a little bit to get your opinion on it though. I have been following on here for a couple of months now and you and Smitch always seem to be on top of things, knowledgeable, and helpful, which is why I put my question directly to the 2 of you. I appreciate everyone's help on here, but I have been reading the posts and I wanted to ask the 2 people who seemed to be very well informed. Thanks a lot.

I'm sort of leaning that way. I like control!!!

Esp with all the changes & FP+ etc... I've done two trips through a TA & one on my own & one in planning on my own for fall. Appreciated the expertise of authorized TA on first trip but really found myself more knowledgable than the TA on 2nd trip & can't imagine now ever going back... Having total control the last trip was awesome!

If I have a PIN for FD on my account but I am traveling during a blackout week for the regular FD discount, am I still able to use the PIN??

Agreed - 1st TA was a WDW veteran with several trips under his belt... He was excellent ! but he took over as manager at the agency & the TA the next year was new & just not any good at disney...and sadly didn't seem very motivated to learn either...

And that is how TA's get a bad name. :( Makes me sad.

If I have a PIN for FD on my account but I am traveling during a blackout week for the regular FD discount, am I still able to use the PIN??

:welcome:

PINs will come with their own set of available dates. The dates will typically have blackout periods, but will sometimes include more dates and resorts than the public offer.

Room rates haven't changed, but there was a dining plan increase recently. Perhaps the new dates are during a different rate season.

That's exactly right! It goes from Fall Season to Peak Season. So if they offer a room discount during my original dates it will definitely be better than free dining.
We haven't stayed in a Deluxe Resort in a long time. Usually I just cannot justify the cost for a room we essentially use to shower and sleep. But we will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary and really like the Beach Club Resort...it's ambiance and location. Our plan is to slow our pace a little this trip and enjoy the resort. We will see if that actually happens or if we just end up spending a lot of money for a place to shower and sleep!

Not sure what the actual dates were last year (with exclusions) when FD came out last year but these are the dates on the FD PIN I got:

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13,
11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

Anyone have the dates with all the excluded dates from last year so we can compare?

Oh I hope I get a pin with dates similar to that for this year.

Not sure what the actual dates were last year (with exclusions) when FD came out last year but these are the dates on the FD PIN I got: For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13, 10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13, 11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13. Anyone have the dates with all the excluded dates from last year so we can compare?

I believe these were the exact dates for GP last year as well. The blackout dates would be the ones not listed. The original FD that was released in May was for Sept however on Aug 1 they had added the remainder of the dates.

Quick update on possible exclusions.

It appears that French Quarter and Art of Animation may be excluded.

I am unable to determine at this time if it's all of the Art of Animation resort or just the Mermaid rooms.

Nevertheless, have a backup plan in place if you plan on staying at either of these popular resorts!

Quick update on possible exclusions.

It appears that French Quarter and Art of Animation may be excluded.

I am unable to determine at this time if it's all of the Art of Animation resort or just the Mermaid rooms.

Nevertheless, have a backup plan in place if you plan on staying at either of these popular resorts!

Aww sad day, oh well looks like its prob CBR for us. Stayed there on our honeymoon and loved it!

Aww sad day, oh well looks like its prob CBR for us. Stayed there on our honeymoon and loved it!

We have never stayed at CBR but kids really want to stay there! Double beds and 10 year olds sharing make me wonder. Making it our second choice...POR is first now, hoping for preferred with FD!

Anyone have a quick link to rack rates for 2014? Gotta compare all-star music suite to non preferred pop. Thanks crazy people!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter