Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the allocated number of rooms at POR has any distinction between the 5 person and 4 person? I know the AB rooms are in high demand for families of 5 but we are only a party of 4 and want a mansion room anyway.

So use a travel agent, or book myself? What are your thoughts?
personally I've always booked through a travel agent. We ran numbers ourselves and also had our TA run them and hers was actually cheaper, not sure if we got a discount because were members or not. But I would definitely check into them just incase

Disney Addict and not looking for rehab!!

personally I've always booked through a travel agent. We ran numbers ourselves and also had our TA run them and hers was actually cheaper, not sure if we got a discount because were members or not. But I would definitely check into them just incase

Disney Addict and not looking for rehab!!

It would be through AAA if I used a TA. I have no clue if that gives any other discount than free dining, or any perks (the parking is of no value to me since I don't have a car there)

It would be through AAA if I used a TA. I have no clue if that gives any other discount than free dining, or any perks (the parking is of no value to me since I don't have a car there)

Most of AAA's perks were discontinued this year. Not sure anything is left except for the parking pass.

I have Beach Club Resort booked for 8 nights, arriving November 29th. Since the opinion seems to be that free dining will not begin until December 12, I am thinking about changing dates. However, when I checked the price, I would be paying more with free dining, than my current package with regular dining included. So did they hike the room rates to compensate for "free" dining?

Would it be easier to book a new package with the GP discount on wednesday at midnight then call later in the week cancelling the other - using the refunded money on the new reservation whenever I get it back (Oh if I do this, will I be able to book the DxDP and only pay the difference since we'll be at POP or will I have to book the QSDP and call to change it later?)

or just call and have them change my current reservation over the phone (we're adding a day at the beginning and upgrading to the DxDP?

I have Beach Club Resort booked for 8 nights, arriving November 29th. Since the opinion seems to be that free dining will not begin until December 12, I am thinking about changing dates. However, when I checked the price, I would be paying more with free dining, than my current package with regular dining included. So did they hike the room rates to compensate for "free" dining?

Room rates haven't changed, but there was a dining plan increase recently. Perhaps the new dates are during a different rate season.

We always book CBR with free dining and there is always plenty of standard rooms available! :)

Yay, thanks. We have 2 rooms booked for 10 nights, so going up to a pool view or higher would add $400-$800:scared1:

Free dining isn't always a better discount than a room only discount when you are at a deluxe resort. The room rates for 2014 were set back in 2013, so the higher rates are because December is popular and the room rates are high.

Last year in november aaa offered a15% room discount but, it is trumped by a better offer by Disney ( free dining ). is that no longer the case?
I will definately use a more educated t.a. if that is the case
Guess I should check

lastly, does anyone happen to book their vacations through Delta? I thought about going through them just wasn't sure if they would release FD on the 7th as well
Do you mean flights? We booked our flights through Delta about two weeks ago. Not sure if you mean a package deal.

We got a decent discount on our Package and will also get a AAA Diamond Savings Card that gives you up to 20% savings and different shops and restaurants in WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter