Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

Wasn't able to post this morning but I was on hold for almost 3 hours but it was all worth it! I was able to get free dining added to my reservation and the CM I spoke with was amazing!! Thank you to everyone for all the information about dates and resorts. My Christmas is going to be amazing!!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Black. If it weren't for your insider information, I would have slept right thru the FD promo today :worship:

Quick question- I apologize if this has been answered. Using the app & it's not cooperating! I made it through after 45 min on hold, cm said I would receive email confirmation, so far I haven't that was at 7 ct. Mde shows the correct price & info, pkg reads myw pkg + dining.... Do I need to worry since I don't have email confirmation yet?? Or be content with mde? I upgraded from qs to reg dining...
No need to worry. I didn't get my email confirmation until 4:33am the next morning that i booked:rotfl:
As long as your MDE shows the correct info you are good to go!:thumbsup2

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Black. If it weren't for your insider information, I would have slept right thru the FD promo today :worship:
Thanks again black! I hope the crazy people don't dishearten you, so many of us benefit from your work! I hope you feel appreciated!

I gotta stay off these boards! Rethinking mu wilderness lodge upgrade!!! LOL always wanted to stay there so not sure if its worth it!

It is soooooo worth it. You are away from the kiddie Disney that goes on at the Values and yet there is more than enough for the kiddies to do. I could spend a week there and never leave the resort. There is a hot spring in the lobby for cryin out loud. And a waterfall in the courtyard. It really isn't that much more when you consider that you are eating for free. Stop second guessing yourself and just enjoy the experience. Make sure to take time for the tour. And when you check in ask if you can be the flag family during your stay.

You will also love it when you or one of the kids has a melt down in the middle of a Magic Kingdom day and it only takes 10 minutes to get back to your room.

Sounds like madness on the phones today. Glad that I was able to book the DV offer. Wondering if there are so many fewer rooms available for FD or if the demand is higher. Bet this is going to screw up plans for many who think that November/December FD doesn't come out until July/August.

I'm going to POP those same dates :thumbsup2

By the way, I cancelled my original reservation and asked to transfer what I paid to the new reservation and they said no problem, anyone know around how long it takes?

I was told 7-10 business days when I did the same thing :thumbsup2

It is soooooo worth it. You are away from the kiddie Disney that goes on at the Values and yet there is more than enough for the kiddies to do. I could spend a week there and never leave the resort. There is a hot spring in the lobby for cryin out loud. And a waterfall in the courtyard. It really isn't that much more when you consider that you are eating for free. Stop second guessing yourself and just enjoy the experience. Make sure to take time for the tour. And when you check in ask if you can be the flag family during your stay. You will also love it when you or one of the kids has a melt down in the middle of a Magic Kingdom day and it only takes 10 minutes to get back to your room.

Thanks! I needed that! I really am excited. How is the pool?

Thanks again black! I hope the crazy people don't dishearten you, so many of us benefit from your work! I hope you feel appreciated!

Thank you to Black for the free dining information. I'm never up at 7am and the way these rooms are going I'm glad I was this morning and I wouldn't have been if it wasn't for you. :worship:

Staying at CBR in a waterview room with FREE Dining. Plus got my Halloween Party Tickets, and Dining Reservations Booked. All that worrying for nothing!
:woohoo:

Booked online! Amazing CM chatted the whole time till it confirmed. Was hoping for CBR, but it was booked solid!(at least no FD). So, our 1st trip to POP our DD will be 8, Im sure she will love it! Good luck to everyone! :cool1::thumbsup2:dance3:

Upgraded from POR to WL w/Free Dining - price is about the same.

Excited for the Deluxe experience; proximity to MK should be great.

So excited for all of you that are going this year. I am missing the excitement this year of getting free dining for myself,as we aren't going back to Disney until 2015. I sure hope Black will help all of us 2015 vacationers next year ! Congrats to everyone on getting free dining and Thank you to Black for the help and heads up on the news ! Bring on 2015 !!!:banana::cheer2::yay:

Heard a busy signal since 6 am! This is crazy!!!! Art of Animation Family suites GONE? Needs to be a better system - not fair to clients who have been sitting on these reservations for MONTHS!!!!

I don't understand your "it's not fair" comment. If you already booked a reservation w/o free dining and are hoping to opt in to the free dining offer now that it is available, why should you get 1st pick of an offer that came out today over other people calling in to make a brand new reservation? Many people who booked before the offer became available have no intention of opting in to the new offer (for their own reasons). WDW should not be expected to just update everyones existing reservation to give them the discount unless it is requested for them to do so - especially knowing other discounts exist out there and may already be applied to a reservation.

I would recommend calling back and trying again as many people:
1. Rush to make reservations knowing it's a great offer but then find they can't make the trip at all...
2. Have more than 1 reservation and are cancelling one...
3 Maybe more rooms will open up for the free dining promotion
4. Some people just decide not to go to WDW :scared1:

FWIW, I made a reservation without free dining. I spent 3+ hours on hold this morning calling at exactly 7:00am and had my fingers crossed the whole time we would sucessfully be able to add the free dining to our trip. I did not expect it and yes, I would have been frustrated on missing out but to think I deserve first shot at a new discount... sorry, thats why it's subject to availability.

Free Dining PIN Codes are now rolling for the fall.

The PINs include some of the resorts that are currently excluded from the public free dining offer, such as Port Orleans Riverside.

PIN Code Dates Include:
August 25 - October 3
October 19 - November 1
November 9 - November 22
December 12 - December 23

Free Dining PIN Codes are now rolling for the fall. Some of the resorts that are currently excluded from the public free dining offer, such as Port Orleans Riverside. PIN Code Dates Include: August 25 - October 3 October 19 - November 1 November 9 - November 22 December 12 - December 23

If i got a PIN i could have kept my original dates :( oh well we will still have fun!! Thanks again for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter