Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
out of curiosity,.... what number are you guys using and getting through? I am one of those who has been calling since a little after 6am (our time:D ) and getting the busy signal

Hi,

Advice please. Looking at booking with FD from December 12th to 20th after a week off site (I-Drive probably). Price would be $2154 for POP or $2726/$2771 for CBR/CSR respectivley with 9 day tickets and FD.

We are going to upgrade to regular dining if we stay at a value, which should cost approx $304 for two adults, so the price difference would actually be $2458 vs. $2726. This equates to a £158 difference in "real" money :) :) lol.

My question is: is it worth the move to a moderate?? The money isn't the issue, it's more what I get for that money. When we went to Orlando last year (1st time) we stayed off site and spent very little time in our room. 12+ hour days at the park plus travel time meant the room was just for eating, sleeping and other body bits! We also spent a lot of money on table service at Disney ($100+ a night) at BoG, Sci-fi, Rainforest Cafe and the Coral Reef restaurant.

I guess my second question should be: if we do move to a moderate, what would you recommend? CBR or CSR and for what reasons?

Thanks.

The only thing that's not making me worry, to much, is that my week is still showing as available for Sept 27-Oct 4 at POP.

We are booked to arrive on 26th October 2014 staying in Caribbean Beach Resort, I thought we would get free dining but have just been informated this offer is only open to holidays booked through the US Site.

Does anybody know if free dining will be offered to UK residents for October ?

I noticed that on the offer page from Disney too. But when I clicked on a link that another member posted on DIS where you can make a book online, i tried it and it works for AoA and we are only staying 4 nights and it seems to give me the FD! But I cant book it as Im using a TA so i gotta wait to hear from her. Booo... Im freaking out here.

Hoping it works out for you! AOA is my favorite but we probably have to do CBR this year because the whole family is going and it works out to the best deal. Anyway I am curious to see if it goes through even if its not listed on the website special offer page. Best wishes your way! :D

1:30 and I have a dentist appointment at 10, don't think I'm going to make it. Sorry but FD trumps dentist, :rotfl:

Poly standard is now all booked up for my dates! So glad I called at 6:59 am and had 0 wait time and got what I wanted! I can't believe it all booked up in a hour and a half!!! Insane! Hope everyone get what their FD hearts desire!!

Just to update you brave folks, website server still not doing values (it crashes deliberately when you get to the pay part, but it works just fine for moderates)
and the phone is still making me redial just to get a ring tone. Have to head to work will see if I can try later tonight.:wave2:

We are booked to arrive on 26th October 2014 staying in Caribbean Beach Resort, I thought we would get free dining but have just been informated this offer is only open to holidays booked through the US Site.

Does anybody know if free dining will be offered to UK residents for October ?

I really wish they had the callback feature and my phone would just ring when someone was available! I have 2 phones going...both on hold still , lol

I was able to book online. Now I have to call and cancel my original reservation and also upgrade my dining on my new reservation. Isn't Disney planning fun??? But I can't wait til September!!!!

Just booked 12/14-12/19 at Coronado with FD.:cool1: We have never been at Christmas time- SUPER EXCITED :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Anyone with experience? Can you tell me why POP would be available for October 2-11 but not October 3-11? I don't have any more time to try to call on the phone and this is what is showing up online.

Anyone with experience? Can you tell me why POP would be available for October 2-11 but not October 3-11? I don't have any more time to try to call on the phone and this is what is showing up online.

I would just book the 2-11 and call back to modify after the phone lines die down.

I would just book it, and then call later when the phones aren't busy and drop the extra day.

Got CSR with FD standard room was hoping for preferred. But since POR Riverside is out we switched. Not sure if it the right decision or not to move to CBR instead. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter