• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP or dining pkg seating better for ROL...

We booked Yak & Yeti twice on our recent trip.
We really LIKE it!

However, Y&Y is "dissed" (pun intended) by some of the top folks here on the DIS.
They rate it as one of the very worst restaurants in all of WDW!?!
Click HERE.

Again, I don't agree, but that's how "tastes" can vary.
Don't fight it... Just easier to get in that way. We have a favorite that doesn't rate well allowing us to walk up when we are in a pinch. It makes life happier- allergies make QS nearly impossible.

Don't fight it... Just easier to get in that way. We have a favorite that doesn't rate well allowing us to walk up when we are in a pinch. It makes life happier- allergies make QS nearly impossible.

Uuhmmm!
Lettuce wraps and pot stickers!!

homer_simpson-mouth_water_280_zpsb542d21e.jpg

Still too new to say.
So, it would not be far fetched to speculate that 45-60 minutes before show time would be the "safer" arrival time.
And, yes, that does include lining up earlier for guests with FP or Dining Pkg. privileges.
Will later-arrivers get into the theater?
Some will. But, not necessarily all.
That is certainly within the realm of what Disney "must-dos" have become in recent years.

So you think even with the dining package we'd need to get there 60 minutes early? If so it doesn't sound worth it!

I love me a good show, but no way I'm standing 2-3 hours to get in if it goes like that.

So you think even with the dining package we'd need to get there 60 minutes early?

I'll figure that you will get in with Dining Pkg if you arrive as late as, say, 25 min. before show-time.
Likely later, too, but if you wait to get there
and the crowds are too thick for you to actually get to the right entrance in time, well...

Nobody knows what can happen if there are too many guests and
(what we already know is) a too-small viewing area.

Look at what happens with the current Star Wars Galactic Spectacular at DHS-
Guests arrive 40-70 min early and try to cram into the too-small viewing area.

It's nuts!

We have dining package for 3/18. I also have a coveted Frozen FP starting at 7:10. Plan is to hopefully ride Frozen (we've had it dropped three times before due to the ride going down) and then Express bus to AK and enter. Show doesn't start till 8:45.

We have dining package for 3/18. I also have a coveted Frozen FP starting at 7:10. Plan is to hopefully ride Frozen (we've had it dropped three times before due to the ride going down) and then Express bus to AK and enter. Show doesn't start till 8:45.

I'd think you wouldn't make the 7:20 bus, but the 7:50 one should still get you there in time.

I'm pretty sure if you have a FP or Dining Package, you'll get in as long as you show up within the time frame listed (ie FP says for 7:15 show, show up between 6:30-7pm). That's why there is a limited number of both of those available.

I think some of those photos are misleading. In the original set, I'm actually in one of them and it's the fastpass line starting to get let into the stadium and you don't see the other half of the walkway with almost nobody in the way..

some aren't misleading though, it's a wall of people for 10ish minutes when they rotate the stadium for the next show.

We originally had 9:45 breakfast reservations for Tusker House and a Fast Pass for RoL. However, I just scored 8:30 RoL reservations at Tusker House. The time is not optimal, but I'm assuming that the seating will be better than the fast pass seating? Does this also mean that we will be assured a seat in the Dining Plan section? or will it fill up like the other areas?

Does a 4:40 - 5:40pm safari FP+ seem like it is cutting it too close to a 6:35 - 7:00pm FP+ arrival for a 7:15pm RoL show? I figured I would do the safari around 5pm in the FP+ window, and make it to the RoL FP+ around 5:45pm? It will be a Thursday in early March with only one showing and I do not want to miss a decent seat by getting in line too late.

I just scored 8:30 RoL reservations at Tusker House. The time is not optimal,
1. but I'm assuming that the seating will be better than the fast pass seating?
2. Does this also mean that we will be assured a seat in the Dining Plan section? or will it fill up like the other areas?
1. Not necessarily "better." It depends on where you happen to sit... in either section.
2. If you arrive "too late" (whatever that happens to mean for the show you attend) nothing will be assured.

Does a 4:40 - 5:40pm safari FP+ seem like it is cutting it too close to a 6:35 - 7:00pm FP+ arrival for a 7:15pm RoL show?
I figured I would do the safari around 5pm in the FP+ window, and make it to the RoL FP+ around 5:45pm? It will be a Thursday in early March with only one showing and I do not want to miss a decent seat by getting in line too late.

Arriving at 5:45 for a 7:15 RoL show should work fine.
That's 90 minutes before show-time.

I have a 6:40 Safari FP and then FP to RoL. I know it is a long walk between but we have 2 with scooters that rush us along. if Safari gets us off at 7ish, we have 1:45 before the show. I am hoping to get a snack and in line by 7:30-7:45. We have a party of 5, so I will have to pull DD off the EE line as we go by to make it on time. I have 3 weeks to keep reading this thread to see if that will work. Thanks for all the info and photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter