FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
which browser is best for iOS? I have FF, Chrome and Safari

i have the best luck with Chrome. Safari is my backup. I tried FF a year or 2 ago and it seemed similar to Safari as far as FP success rate but I haven’t tried it more recently. Often good to try them all though and see if one works better for you.

i have the best luck with Chrome. Safari is my backup. I tried FF a year or 2 ago and it seemed similar to Safari as far as FP success rate but I haven’t tried it more recently. Often good to try them all though and see if one works better for you.
I was kinda hoping you could do the work and just tell me which one to use :P

Anytime FP question; if I have a FP, say for 8 am through the standard system for, say, Tower of Terror, and I have an anytime fastpass available, can I use the anytime FP during that 8 am hour? So, I could ride, say TSMM with my Anytime and then turn around and ride with my ToT all during 8 am?

Anytime FP question; if I have a FP, say for 8 am through the standard system for, say, Tower of Terror, and I have an anytime fastpass available, can I use the anytime FP during that 8 am hour? So, I could ride, say TSMM with my Anytime and then turn around and ride with my ToT all during 8 am?
Yes, the anytime has no impact on your other FP's. If you have multiple anytimes you could use them plus a regular FP all on the same hour.

Today is my 90 day CL booking and i’ve been on hold with DSS for 48 minutes and counting. Is this normal?

That isn't necessarily normal, BUT I suspect the additions of MFSR and MMRR to the FP options have likely increased demand for the paid FP program - so they're probably fielding a lot of calls. Plus the FP screwiness that @Mome Rath mentioned.

With the glitches in March FP+, I've had a Flights of Passage FP for 5 convert to "Replacement FastPass+ Plan" three times today. But they are all nested under one entry for 15 guests. Is this going to mean 3 rides, or just 1 and then it goes *poof*? I want to set our expectations accordingly. ☺

With the glitches in March FP+, I've had a Flights of Passage FP for 5 convert to "Replacement FastPass+ Plan" three times today. But they are all nested under one entry for 15 guests. Is this going to mean 3 rides, or just 1 and then it goes *poof*? I want to set our expectations accordingly. ☺
It should be 3 rides. If you click on the Anytime in the app and scroll down I'm guessing it will show each person 3 times with 1/1 under their name. As you use them up they should delete 1 at a time. I say should because this is all screwed up today and I'm not betting on anything working right lol.

Last edited:
It should be 3 rides. If you click on the Anytime in the app and scroll down I'm guessing it will show each person 3 times with 1/1 under their name. As you use them up they should should delete 1 at a time. I say should because this is all screwed up today and I'm not betting on anything working right lol.

Thanks, yes it does say that in the app! So, fingers crossed it sticks. This actually works out really well for us because we'll have a late night before this park day and won't be able to enjoy the lesser crowds in the morning or have a great morning FP strategy.

Due to the crazy March fp glitch, we have 6 multiple experience fastpasses each at DHS. We have a fp for MFSR and a multiple experience fp that includes that ride. I want to make sure that the regular fp is used when we tap into the MFSR ride and not the multiple experience fp. Is there a way to make sure that the correct fp gets used? Does the CM at the ride entrance know which fp is being used?

Thanks.

Today is my 90 day CL booking and i’ve been on hold with DSS for 48 minutes and counting. Is this normal?

I know this is an older post, but how did it go? Were you able to get the rides at the times you wanted? Curious about the actual availability (compared to my imagined expectations) for your trip. What was earlyish May looking like, availability wise?

Due to the crazy March fp glitch, we have 6 multiple experience fastpasses each at DHS. We have a fp for MFSR and a multiple experience fp that includes that ride. I want to make sure that the regular fp is used when we tap into the MFSR ride and not the multiple experience fp. Is there a way to make sure that the correct fp gets used? Does the CM at the ride entrance know which fp is being used?

Thanks.
What I've read is that if you have a FP for a specific time, make sure to ride the ride during the true hour window. So, if you have a SDD FP for 8-9am and an anytime that includes SDD, make sure to use the regular FP truly between 8 and 9 am (meaning don't tap in during the "grace period" of 5 min before or 15 min after). That should work, but what I plan on doing is taking screen shots of my FP's for evidence, tap in, and then pull them up in MDE and see what one it used. If it uses the wrong one, I'll talk to a CM.

I know this is an older post, but how did it go? Were you able to get the rides at the times you wanted? Curious about the actual availability (compared to my imagined expectations) for your trip. What was earlyish May looking like, availability wise?

i got everything i wanted at the exact times i wanted except my ROTR boarding passes. ;)

SDD, MMRR, MFSR all on the same day. Good times.

If you have 3 CL FP on a day and 3 regular ones, once you use your 3 regular FP are you able to book a 4th FP even if you have CL FP still to go?

For example, if you used a CL FP for fireworks, would that mean you can't get a day of FP?

If you have 3 CL FP on a day and 3 regular ones, once you use your 3 regular FP are you able to book a 4th FP even if you have CL FP still to go?

For example, if you used a CL FP for fireworks, would that mean you can't get a day of FP?

Yes, as long as the windows don't overlap with your CL FP. If you use a CL FP for fireworks, you can still grab 4th+ as long as your regular FPs have been used.

Club Level Extra FP Trial Program Summary
Credit to: @GADisneyDad14

Basic Overview
  • $50 per person, per day, plus tax - 3 day minimum
  • Available 3/13/2018 and beyond
  • Includes three “Extra FPs” per day (in addition to your three ‘regular’ FPs)
  • Extra FPs and Regular FPs per paid day are bookable 90 days from your check-out date (yes, your check-out date, not check-in date)
  • The minimum three days do not need to be consecutive
  • Not everyone in your party must purchase this program, you can choose the individuals
  • The program requires a minimum two night CL or other eligible room category reservation
  • You are charged at the time of booking
  • There is currently no announced end date to this trial program, but like any Disney trial it could end at any time
Booking Info for the Extra FPs
  • Bookable 90 days from your check-out date
  • Booked via phone with Disney Signature Services (DSS)
  • You select the Extra FP choices at the time of booking
  • The three Extra FPs can be modified via DSS later via phone, including the day of via phone (they give you an after-hours line to call as well since DSS closes at 5pm)
  • You cannot modify the three Extra FPs yourself, this can only be done by calling DSS
  • The three Extra FPs can be in any tier and any park
How this Works with the “Regular” Three FPs
  • Your regular three FPs per paid day can ALSO be booked via DSS at the 90-day before check-out mark (it’s not required, but is available at your discretion)
  • Once booked, you can immediately modify your three regular FPs yourself in MDX (but the three Extra FPs cannot be modified without calling DSS)
  • You cannot modify a regular FP to overlap a time window where you have an Extra FP booked
Cancellation Info / Reservation Changes
  • There is a 2 day cancellation period
  • If you book this and then cancel a CL (or otherwise eligible) reservation after booking or modify it to a non-eligible room, the package will be cancelled and you'll receive a refund
Trial Program Caveat
  • This is a trial program, all details are subject to change or modification

Since our trip is June 30-July 5, I am worried about what the new normal will be like in Disney. Is it possible to book 5 days of CL FP and then if we feel that we would be fine, reduce back to 3 or 4 days the week of? there are so many unknowns and I am looking for what others out there are thinking or planning to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!