FP+ Details Are Out!

I imagine the decision of whether to participate in the test will come down to one thing..... will participants be able to keep regular FP- privileges or not. I'd choose with the assumption you will NOT have FP-. They are going to have to test it that way at SOME point.

We are staying at CR beginning August 13th as the second part of a split stay. I can customize bands and make FP+ selections only for the 13th and later. 3 picks and no tiers.

I am going to take the plunge since its only for the second part of our trip.

I chose all headliners, and I noticed that I was able to rank them in order of importance while choosing. There was a choice to do "quick picks", but I didn't bother with that. After choosing rides, I was given four sets of times for all three rides, with one set being marked as my best option. Then I just adjusted any times that were too close to ADRs.
I noticed that for a couple of rides, some time periods in the middle of the day weren't available at all. Might be that they're holding back FP+ during the busiest times right now on the most popular rides.

what durations for return time windows were given? 1hr? 2hr?

You pick your 3 attractions in order of importance, and it gives you 4 options listing the 3 attractions calling one of them "best match". Return windows are 1 hour. You get a warning of any ADR overlaps but it doesn't lock you out from still picking the overlapping time. You can go back in later and change attractions or times.

One issue on the website, since our kids won't all ride some rides, booking my wife and son separately from me and the other kids took control for changing that reservation time away from me. In the app I still can change it. Fun.

I'm arriving on 8/17 and staying one night at AKL, then off to BWV for and additional 5 nights as part of a group (family reunion of 22 people). This morning I was able to customize our MBs for DH & me, but was locked out of FP+. Everyone's reservations are linked to my DME account (I'm DVC and providing rooms for everyone) but other than DH & me, MBs were not available for customization. :confused3

You pick your 3 attractions in order of importance, and it gives you 4 options listing the 3 attractions calling one of them "best match". Return windows are 1 hour. You get a warning of any ADR overlaps but it doesn't lock you out from still picking the overlapping time. You can go back in later and change attractions or times.

One issue on the website, since our kids won't all ride some rides, booking my wife and son separately from me and the other kids took control for changing that reservation time away from me. In the app I still can change it. Fun.

that's good that they incorporate that feature

So far I've been able to link our tickets. I have an AP & I ordered 2 tickets from UT for my nieces. I customized a magic band for me. Gonna go customize bands for the girls as soon as I find out what color they want.

Has it been changed that AP's are now eligible for the MagicBands?

We are staying at Pop Century from 8/6-8/9 and got the pop up for the Magic Bands. I had only linked my ticket because of the info that said my ticket card from UT was no longer valid.

We are moving to AOA starting the 9th and it seems to let me book Fastpass+ reservations for any day I want including after we check out of that hotel. I wonder if we would still us the Magic Bands for hotel or would we be lucky and get both so that I could book FP and FP+?

If it matters, we did not book reservation with Disney direct, but I linked my hotel confirmations on MDE and link my ticket on the MDE too.

The only resort reservation that it shows on the popup in Pop Century. The one weird thing was when I went to confirm our address it had some weird address in the blanks. It was someone else's address and the info was in the wrong fields.

I'm surprised they don't lock you out of booking FP+ during an ADR.

That is probably beyond their IT capabilities. Sadly, I'm not joking.

No, if they can give you a warning of a conflict, they could certainly block you entirely from the conflict.

It's conceivable that you might want an ADR at the same time as a FP+, if e.g. you plan on eating fast, or if you are willing to lose one or the other and want to retain some flexibility.

No, if they can give you a warning of a conflict, they could certainly block you entirely from the conflict.

It's conceivable that you might want and ADR at the same time as a FP+, if e.g. you plan on eating fast, or if you are willing to lose one or the other and want to retain some flexibility.

They also prevent you from booking duplicate ADRs as well, so they could block it.

So...I have a MYW PH Reservation for October at Pop directly from Disney with tickets, hotel etc. I'm leery of doing anything in MDE with Magic Bands as I do not want to lose fastpass- capabilities until I have to.

Does the way I am booked with my tickets etc already make this a moot point? Am I already "linked" and fastpass+ eligible?

has anyone who is currently testing/using FP+ been able to obtain a fabled 4th FP+ at somepoint? possibly while checking FP+ availability during the day at hte park?

So...I have a MYW PH Reservation for October at Pop directly from Disney with tickets, hotel etc. I'm leery of doing anything in MDE with Magic Bands as I do not want to lose fastpass- capabilities until I have to.

Does the way I am booked with my tickets etc already make this a moot point? Am I already "linked" and fastpass+ eligible?

I just want to point out the same thing Robo keeps pointing out. If FP+ has rolled out at the time of your trip, the old FP system won't work as well as it used to. The new FP+ reservations have to come from somewhere. And that somewhere is the pool of the old FP system. So availability for the old system will be a problem. Clinging to the old system isn't going to work as well as people seem to hope. Disney wants you in the new system and the only way to do that is make the new system more desirable and the old system less desirable.

Numerous people with mid to late August arrivals at various resorts are reporting they are given the options to customize their MagicBands this morning. Earliest arrival I've seen so far is August 17th, which is the same day I'm arriving but I haven't been given the option yet.

do you have a package booked>?

Its being reported that package booked are the only ones getting that option.

do you have a package booked>?

Its being reported that package booked are the only ones getting that option.

I do have a package and people with RO are getting it as well. Looks like it's AKL, CR, Pop and YC from Aug 2 to Aug 25 according to pjammer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter