Fort Wilderness Easing Mask Requirements

I was going to post a south park clip, but too much adult language. Look it up and 6 foot pole. :teeth:

Last night a CM was touring the 1400 loop. I had seen her before during the week and she was always wearing a mask while driving her golf cart. She stopped in front of our 5er and I thought for sure she was going to ask me to "mask up, cowboy". But then I noticed she was not wearing. She asked if I needed a bag of ice which she was hoisting up to offer me. I was mask-less and in the middle of emptying the tanks and not in a position to accept, I told her no thank you, we've already had the martini's earlier. Nice to see her No Mask required attitude...things must have indeed changed.

Ok, so I was unaware of the outrageous on resort Covid restrictions. I made my reservation a year ago, hoping ( ignorantly apparently,) that this insanity would have subsided to some degree. I have a reservation coming up at the end of the month. We had fully understood we would likely be required to wear a mask indoors, and at the park. After reading this thread, I see that they require one when riding a bike, walking, ( possibly on the golf carts still.) Can anyone attest that these insane restrictions have been lifted for sure? Fort wilderness is not a typical Disney resort in regards to size and distancing, and should have been treated different from the start. Clearly when you are walking, riding or running more than a football field apart from others; there is no need to restrict your airway. If they still have these restrictions in place, we will likely move our reservation to a less magical, but more practical KOA. Thanks in advance.

Ok, so I was unaware of the outrageous on resort Covid restrictions. I made my reservation a year ago, hoping ( ignorantly apparently,) that this insanity would have subsided to some degree. I have a reservation coming up at the end of the month. We had fully understood we would likely be required to wear a mask indoors, and at the park. After reading this thread, I see that they require one when riding a bike, walking, ( possibly on the golf carts still.) Can anyone attest that these insane restrictions have been lifted for sure? Fort wilderness is not a typical Disney resort in regards to size and distancing, and should have been treated different from the start. Clearly when you are walking, riding or running more than a football field apart from others; there is no need to restrict your airway. If they still have these restrictions in place, we will likely move our reservation to a less magical, but more practical KOA. Thanks in advance.
It's been confirmed here and at other places that they have relaxed the outdoor mask requirements, they are only asking that you have a mask available to wear in areas outside the pools where you can't maintain distancing. As far as I can discern, the fort is the only resort to have earned this exemption, the other resorts are still requiring mask wearing anywhere outside your room.

It's been confirmed here and at other places that they have relaxed the outdoor mask requirements, they are only asking that you have a mask available to wear in areas outside the pools where you can't maintain distancing. As far as I can discern, the fort is the only resort to have earned this exemption, the other resorts are still requiring mask wearing anywhere outside your room.

Thank you, I appreciate the reply! That sounds like a more common sense approach to me. Have a great one!

Not so fast. Did the trail ride at the Circle D last Wednesday. Still had to wear a stupid mask WHILE ON HORSEBACK! Outside, fresh air, more than six feet of social distance, and still had to wear a mask. I complained on the survey they sent me after check out. But I have no hope it will change. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Not so fast. Did the trail ride at the Circle D last Wednesday. Still had to wear a stupid mask WHILE ON HORSEBACK! Outside, fresh air, more than six feet of social distance, and still had to wear a mask. I complained on the survey they sent me after check out. But I have no hope it will change. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
We did the trail ride September 2020, we were told we could pull the mask down below our chins once we got into the woods.

We did trail ride in October 2020 and could pull mask down once we were on the trail across the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!