Fort Wilderness Easing Mask Requirements

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Last Night we got an unofficial word from an extremely reliable source (1) that mask requirements inside the campground either are or in the very near future will be significantly reduced. According to my source Mask will no longer be required while engaging in the following activities : Riding on a Golf Cart, Walking around the grounds provided you are out doors , Visiting the DOG PARK, and generally when OUTDOORS unless you are in a large group like the Bus Stops on a Bus or Boat . Masks are required when entering a Building and when interacting with the indigenous fauna particularly the NSS

Note 1 While my source is NOT a Bus Driver she is very well connected with the powers that be in Ft W.

Do you mean that my favorite Fort activity will be gone?
Riding around on the golf cart at 15mph, on the road, 50 yards away from another human, all while wearing a mask!
Next you're going to tell me that Trail's End and 'Ohana will be open again. Just drive that stake through my heart! No fun left for us!

I hope it's true. The only use for our masks last December was keeping our faces warm while riding our bikes. We were there during one of the very cold fronts that passed through.

I hope it's true. The only use for our masks last December was keeping our faces warm while riding our bikes. We were there during one of the very cold fronts that passed through.
That's what they were useful for last weekend - it was a balmy 48 degrees 2 mornings and this Florida family was freezing!!

Even where I live in a state and area that had Covid the worst in the country and are very strict, we don't have to wear masks outside unless you get 6 feet from another person and many didn't comply if outdoors. Indoors all wore masks, stores, etc. I walk around my town, we walk in parks, we have our masks off and when we get close to someone we put it on. Are you saying that in the Fort you had to wear your mask at all times outside even while bike riding, dog walking and away from others?

Even where I live in a state and area that had Covid the worst in the country and are very strict, we don't have to wear masks outside unless you get 6 feet from another person and many didn't comply if outdoors. Indoors all wore masks, stores, etc. I walk around my town, we walk in parks, we have our masks off and when we get close to someone we put it on. Are you saying that in the Fort you had to wear your mask at all times outside even while bike riding, dog walking and away from others?
I can answer that. Yes it *has* been masks on 100% of the time. Even while on bikes or golf carts. Things could have changed recently.

Right now the rules are if you are not in your room and on Disney property, your mask has to worn. You can take it off to have a picture taken if you are still and 6 ft away from others, you can take it off if you are still and actively eating or drinking. You are supposed to wear it in restaurants until your food or drink arrives and you are actively eating or drinking but reports differ on that. So, yes, if you are on Disney property even outdoors and aren't standing or sitting still and eating or drinking or in a relaxation spot you have to have a mask on.

Yes, we were there at the end of November and my husband accidentally forgot one when he hopped on the golf cart. A cast member stopped him at a 4 day stop and gave him a disposable mask with a card on how and when to wear them.

Well it would be good to be able to go outside without but where I live we do put on when we get within 6 feet such as walking right past someone on a trail or sidewalk etc, but otherwise we keep off outdoors at least many or maybe even most even in our very high area of illness. We had it very bad here.

Others have sufficiently answered your question. I'll just add that when we were there, they stationed 2 CMs at the 4 way stops to monitor adherence. To just ourselves, We lovingly referred to them as the Mask Gestapo. Actually, we felt sorry for them to have to do that. We followed the rules so as not to be kicked out the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter