Fort Wilderness Campsites w/ Dining Plan Question

anditoo72

DIS Veteran
Good Morining All!

I have to preface this question with this: Its been 3 years since we have been to Disney and and we are going to book a trip for September 2021. I thought I would hop on and see what is and will be different to get familar with all things Disney. The amount of changes is staggering!

In the past when we stayed at Fort Wilderness we have been able to purchase the dining plan with our reservation and a length of stay pass.

I am wondering if things have change and we would be able purchase the dining plan with a room only reservation at the campsites of Fort Wilderness??

I loved the length of stay pass in the past, but our kiddos are older now and we would like to explore other things like hotels and such without feeling like we wasted a day. Thanks for your help!!!

As to your question about Dining plan. I investigated this some years back and the answer I got was this. To book a dining plan you must add every person in your party. You MUST have at the MINIMUM passes for 2 days of park entry. You can then add dining plan for up to 14 days. Hope that helps

We just got back from a stay at the Campsites at Fort Wilderness! We booked a "room only" reservation and called to add the dining plan. We had other tickets to use. So, yes absolutely! You cannot book a room only with dining plan online, you'll have to call, but it's really easy. I believe the Disney-speak for it is a "ticket-less package." Remember, you can book your room/campsite 499 days out by calling and then whenever dining packages come out for your time frame, just call to add it.

This is wonderful news! Thank you I am so excited!!!

We have stayed in the Cabins 3 times and we have to book as a room only to begin with as we get a CM discount through a family member. We have always added the Dinning Plan to change it to a ticket less package and never was required to purchase of already have tickets. We have always purchased our tickets separately, either though Disney or UT.

As the PP said you have to call and I believe it still must be added at least 72 hours prior to your arrival. Also once you add it to become a ticket less package the package rules are supposed to apply for payment such as when to make final payment etc. So it you change it 150 days out they will refund your original deposit and charge you the $200 package fee. If you change it with in 30 days of arrival they will need payment immediately, though I think they actually give you until 11:59 the following day, so if you called right now (10:20a on Sunday) you have until 11:59 Monday to pay it, but I could be off on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter