Fort Wilderness Campground Christmas 2010

Glad everyone is making it to and from the fort safely:thumbsup2! Make sure you all post pics, videos, post trip reports so those of us who couldn't make it this year can live vicariously through you:lovestruc.
We will be there next year starting on the dec 17 and leaving sometime after the new years.:banana:

We have arrived !! Finally. We are in the 700 loop, Site# 707. Exhausting day. Working on a bottle of wine. Stop buy and say hello when you can.

Dave

We sent a request for the 700 loop. Hopefully we will get lucky. We will be there on the 8th. See you all soon.

We will be pulling in around noon on Sat. 12/11. Staying for nine nights and have requested the 1200 loop ( stayed in the 1300 loop last Jan.)
Bringing my own golf cart for the first time which we feel makes sense since it's cheaper to rent a car than a golf cart. (usually tow my jeep there behind MH)
My wife and I are always like kids when it's this close to a FW vacation. Been packing Christmas decorations all week.
Met a few DIS members the last time we were there and we hope to meet more. Look for my lime green Mickey Ears proclaiming our DIS allegiance, and come by for a drink.

My Disboards friends. We arrived yesterday. My wife has had a flareup of Crohn's disease (she has had it for several years). It it almost certain that she will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow. At this point everything is on hold. I started putting up the Castle and had to stop to take care of her throughout the day. We have both been looking forward to this for a year. My spirits are not to good right now. I can't get into the Christmas spirit without my better half. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks everybody,,,,,,,

Dave

My Disboards friends. We arrived yesterday. My wife has had a flareup of Crohn's disease (she has had it for several years). It it almost certain that she will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow. At this point everything is on hold. I started putting up the Castle and had to stop to take care of her throughout the day. We have both been looking forward to this for a year. My spirits are not to good right now. I can't get into the Christmas spirit without my better half. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Thanks everybody,,,,,,,

Dave
We hope everything works out okay. We will be praying for you and your family.

This is awful, Dave! Sure hope and pray for the best, but know Crohns can be a bugger. The Fort won't be the same without your castle, but sure understand that you're not the same without her.

:santa:

Thanks everybody,,,,,,,

Dave

I am so sorry, I do hope she gets better.

Dave, my families thoughts and prayers are with you and you're wife. Christmas isn't all about the lights and deco's it's also about family....so please take care of your wife and yourself.

We will be arriving in a few days. So sorry to hear about your wife. I have friends with this disease and know it can lay you up for awhile. I will wander over to your site when we arrive and see if you need anything. Always willing to help....take care of your better half and we'll see you down the road.

Dave, my prayers are with you and your wife. What site are you on? I'll try and find you after we arrive on Friday.

We arrived yesterday, had a good drive down. The Mickey lamp post came together nicely. The more beer I drink, the better it looks. Got in a visit to the MK today and put up a few decorations this afternoon. The weather is a little cool but beautiful. Come on down everybody!

We are in 341 please stop by. Does anyone where Castle guy Dave is? Hope to see everyone. My lime green sign out in front.

PS So sorry about Dave's wife. Did not see post until about her illness. Praying for speedy recovery.

Dave said he's in 707. Hope his wife is doing better and they can enjoy their Christmas at the Fort!

Dave, we wish your wife speed recovery.

We will be arriving at The Fort on 12/22 and have requested a site on Loop 500 or 900. Hopefully we will get it.

We are leaving for the Fort in 18 days... 6 days at the fort, 2 bowl games,(tickets for WVU vs NCS & Tide vs Mich ST.) and the world at my door. life is good....

I do have a question, Do you think it will look crazy if I put up Christmas decorations, if we arrive on the Monday after Christmas?
sambuster

Have a wonderful time!

I would say that if you want to put up Christmas decorations when you get there, then go for it!

Put up your decorations! All the parks and resorts will still have theirs up.

1 hour and 4 minutes left to work before my vacation begins ... :banana::cheer2::banana: 26 hours and 19 minutes til Dolly heads south!

Work over! Less than 24 hours before we leave :banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2: Am I excited? We've requested 700 loop. Hope we get a site near my friend Hilda. Will have our Fort Fiends sign out. Won't have internet connection when we arrive because I refuse to pay their exorbitant fee. Please stop by!

We're in Florida less than 2 hours from the Fort. Will check in in the morning. Won't have computer access there ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter