Fort Fiends Salutation Thread Part Deux

The only time the music on Disney buses gets annoying to me is when it's late at night after a park has closed, and you get on the bus with very tired kids and settle in for the ride back to the Fort. The door closes, the lights go out, you start to relax....and that danged banjo music starts blaring. I enjoy my share of bluegrass music, but it's not the most relaxing stuff in the world.

Good morning, Frank was short on time today, he had to take a look at our mailbox. It seems some one had a really good ol time last time and decided to drive thru our ditch and take out our mail box. :drinking1:drinking1

Good morning, Frank was short on time today, he had to take a look at our mailbox. It seems some one had a really good ol time last time and decided to drive thru our ditch and take out our mail box. :drinking1:drinking1
I always love fixing the mailbox at 2:23am.

And mostly on key too, very nice.

On key!? You weren't listening very closely were you? :rotfl:

The only time the music on Disney buses gets annoying to me is when it's late at night after a park has closed, and you get on the bus with very tired kids and settle in for the ride back to the Fort. The door closes, the lights go out, you start to relax....and that danged banjo music starts blaring. I enjoy my share of bluegrass music, but it's not the most relaxing stuff in the world.

Still better than coming back late at night on a boat, the lights go out, you start to relax....and then the very loud, teenage renditions of old Disney classics start blaring louder than a rock concert. :headache:

I always love fixing the mailbox at 2:23am.

Sounds peachy.

Sorry about your mailbox Frank and Denise. Last year someone drove through our neighborhood and banged up several mailboxes. Fortunately they missed ours and a neighbor saw what was going on, got in her car and chased them down the road to get the liscence plate number and car description. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has an awesomely great day!

Morning all.:flower3:

Sorry to hear about your mail box Denise. Hope there isn't too much damage.

It seems some one had a really good ol time last time and decided to drive thru our ditch and take out our mail box. :drinking1:drinking1
I'm just reflecting on this statement...and I occured to me that you never specifically stated that it wasn't you or Frank that took out the mailbox.

We want the truth!! :rotfl2:

I have found that "most" of the bus drivers have the music turned off except for the actual announcements come on or as we're approaching our destination.

Morning all.:flower3:

Sorry to hear about your mail box Denise. Hope there isn't too much damage.

Let's just say the mailman put the mail on the front porch. :upsidedow

I did get the bits and pieces of their bumper for comparison evidence. :lmao:

I backed into the mailbox a couple of weeks ago when the DS screamed "Mommy LOOOOOOK!" and I stupidlly did instead of watching for the mailbox. Did I hurt the neighbor's metal mailbox? NOOOOOOOO, I put a huge dent in the tailgate of the truck. Did I mention the huge scratch that is left when I got the dent out? Mailbox 1, Jen 0

What was so important that my son had to scream at the top of his lungs to get my attention? The next door neighbor's mailbox had fallen off its post. It was lying on the ground. At least I wasn't being cussed out in French by the Canadian neighbor. Now I have to go and paint the tailgate. DS has been told he is no longer allowed to talk when I back up.;)

I have found that "most" of the bus drivers have the music turned off except for the actual announcements come on or as we're approaching our destination.
That's interesting. Unless it's really annoying, and a lot of the resorts music is bad, FW for one, I let it go. My favorites are OKW & Pop, but now that you mention it, I really don't know what most drivers do. I guess because when I take over a bus, the volume is usually up, I just assumed they kept the music on. But you can have the volume up and turn the music off. I'll have to do some research.

That's interesting. Unless it's really annoying, and a lot of the resorts music is bad, FW for one, I let it go. My favorites are OKW & Pop, but now that you mention it, I really don't know what most drivers do. I guess because when I take over a bus, the volume is usually up, I just assumed they kept the music on. But you can have the volume up and turn the music off. I'll have to do some research.

popcorn::

It is a sad at our household,:sad1:

R.I.P. Mail Box,,It's our fourth replacement at this address, but this one was kinda special to me, I'll miss it. It really was a nice mail box, never hurt anyone,,,but I'm sure that the boulder I put on both sides of the box mess'd up that car pretty good :thumbsup2

Ya'll hava fabul-great day !

Mornin Fiends!!!

That reminds me of a story my grandaddy told me. They lived just on the other side of a very sharp curve and had their mailbox taken out more times than they could count, until........

Grandaddy found a telephone pole and buried that thing six feet deep in concrete!! After somebody seriously dented their car, it seemed nobody else took that curve too fast anymore :-)

A Morning is a Wonderful Blessing, either Cloudy or Sunny.
It stands for Hope, giving us another start at what we call Life.

Hope all you FrIENDS have a great day.

Mornin Fiends!!!

That reminds me of a story my grandaddy told me. They lived just on the other side of a very sharp curve and had their mailbox taken out more times than they could count, until........

Grandaddy found a telephone pole and buried that thing six feet deep in concrete!! After somebody seriously dented their car, it seemed nobody else took that curve too fast anymore :-)

We did the same thing when I was a kid, it was mostly because of the snow plow that the ole man did it for. I would bet that pole is still in the ground there.
One time some yrs ago I was an EMT on a rescue squad in NJ and we responded to an accident where a car hit a mail box that didn't move, the guy sued the home owner because his mail box wrecked his car.

We did the same thing when I was a kid, it was mostly because of the snow plow that the ole man did it for. I would bet that pole is still in the ground there.
One time some yrs ago I was an EMT on a rescue squad in NJ and we responded to an accident where a car hit a mail box that didn't move, the guy sued the home owner because his mail box wrecked his car.

Unfortunately, the pole is gone (although the part in the ground may still be there). After grandaddy passed away, grandmother got approval to have her mailbox moved for disability reasons all the way up the driveway to the back door.

I've forgotton now where the new owners have the mailbox, but now it's all residential and they have changed the curve a bit, so nobody really goes around that corner at 75 anymore. One house and 80 acres of cattle farm, folks think they can drive fast on those back roads. 60 houses and 1/4 acre lots, not so much anymore. (That's OK, my eventual share of the sale of the land bought my camper :cool1:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter