formalwear for kids

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
I don't see any mention of formalwear for kids on the site recommended (cruiselineformalwear.com, I think). DH, BIL and my Dad are all wearing dark suits, but I thought DS (the only grandson of 5 grandkids and only 6 years old) would look cute in a tuxedo. Should I call that place and see what their prices are?
Robin M.

Buy one on ebay! That's what I did and my 3 and 4 year olds looked so great! Price was cheaper than renting and now I'll be able to resell to recoup more $$$!

I bought my daughter a BEAUTIFUL long dress on ebay for around $20.

Cara

We hit the jackpot at a local upscale department store. Got 2 dresses for me and 2 for DD for a total of $85. THings were 75% or more off after Christmas....and it was great stuff! DD was thrilled. Of course, maybe it was that we're rather conservative people. I didn't want a lot of skin showing.

They are available for kids on cruiselineformalwear.com under the FAQ's.

Q. Do you rent tuxedos for children?

A. Tuxedos for children are available on a pre-order basis when embarking from most North American ports. Please call our customer service department to request information about your specific cruise. Tuxedos for children are not available on board for rentals or exchanges.

Customer Service - 1 800 551-5091

We are planning to use this for our 9 yr old DS for our Oct Western DC.

Good luck!
Mark

I checked into renting and was told the price was the same for adult or child, around $100. I bought my son a very nice Tux with tails, everything included (except shoes) on e-Bay for $50. And he has worn it twice per cruise for two cruises.

Hi Robin,
We rented tuxes through CruiseLine Formal Wear for our two 8 yr olds. I did it all via phone a couple of days before our cruise. They were really helpful with getting the right sizes. I did my own measuring, but they would've preferred that I went to a formal wear store to get the measurements. I was really nervous about them fitting right, but they were perfect.

If I were to do it over again I would have started much earlier with Ebay or tuxes4kids.com (?) and gotten them on my own. The price was just too high, the same as an adults.

Juli

Another vote for eBay. We bought DS a tux for $40...everything included except shoes and socks. It was an unbeatable price and he looked soooooo cute!

Wow, that boys tux site is awesome! What great prices and even if I bought it for my son and it needed to be tailored- it'd still be less than just renting one on the cruise! Cheap as others have said ebay was too.... and I can't always trust all ebayers. Thanks for showing that website!

I would recommend

http://search.stores.ebay.com/search/search.dll?GetResult&sid=1905824&fp=0&srchdesc=y&query=oreoz

thomasmickeysmall.jpg

My Son with Mickey on his 3rd Birthday

Steverog-

He is absolutey the cutest! What a great pix. Priceless!

On this topic, I think someone once posted a link to a store that sold Mickey ties. I'm looking for one for my DS6. Does anyone know what that site was?

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Are you just recommending that seller or is that YOU?

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I thought you were subscribed to the threat but I guess not. No this seller is not myself. They are in CA and I am in GA. I also got a cute dress for my 18 month old daughter she just won't stay still long enough for a good picture but I am going to see what I can find.

Steve

OMG... I knew he was a cutie but she's precious too! Darling!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter