Foreign Phone Numbers

SuperMuscleMan

Superman Cosplayer, Filmaker, Gym & Rugby Dude
I've seen that alot of the virtual qué systems post covid require you to provide a USA number to join. Now on my O2 contract I can use my phone like normal so what are your hacks for getting around this issue?
  • New simcard
  • Use Hush app
  • Other things?

Are you sure they require a USA phone number? When I went in 2019 they had virtual queue for galaxies edge and I used my phone without any issue so definitely didn't require a USA number. That said I haven't been keeping abreast of things so it could be that the virtual queues aren't using the same technology.

I've seen with a few vlogs that since covid alit of the signs have American only on them.

I guess the issue is not many of us have actually travelled to the US to need to use it yet but I know a lot of people purchase a new sim when over there.

I guess the issue is not many of us have actually travelled to the US to need to use it yet but I know a lot of people purchase a new sim when over there.

That's true. I am hopeful in the bubble for 4 days in November. I'll probably try using hussel where you purchase a number that links to an app for the month for about £3. But if anyone has any experience before then please let me know

I bought a USA SIM card the last time I was in California / Disneyland specifically for use in Disneyland with mobile food ordering as I could see even back in 2019 that Disney Parks were becoming more and more reliant on the APs for all sorts of things.

I am planning to buy a new mobile phone before my next visit to California / Disneyland. I am currently comparing the make and models on the website of the American phone company to make sure that the phone I get is compatible with the Disney APs, as the last time I was in Disneyland, the phone I currently have, a Huawei was not compatible with the Disney Play AP in the parks and I couldn't do all the fun things in Galaxys Edge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter