• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who think only DISers hate FP+, check their Facebook page

Instead of the whole FP+ picking system, they should just make the headliners (TT, Soarin, TSM, Peter Pan, Enchanted Tales?) FP+

Those are the rides people are fighting over. Making FP+ for most of the other rides is a colossal waste of time.

In order to make a system like that work they would have to limit FP+ to 1 per day. Good luck locking people into their schedules with that. They also can't attempt to spread people around to the not so popular attractions.

I do agree the FP+ for the other rides are colossal wastes of time, but it's necessary to the system now. Sucks, because those walk on rides now have waits.

I agree that the term "locking in" can be seen as positive in some light, but negative in others. If I had never been to Disney before and saw a commercial highlighting the "benefit" of locking certain things in, I would immediately start wondering "Why would I need to lock in rides ahead of time? Just hard IS IT to get on those rides?"

I agree.

I wonder how an unbiased first timer reacts to these ads. People who haven't been are often shocked at how much work can potentially go into a Disney vacation, and refuse to do it. I don't think these ads help those people.

I just read a post on there from a person who loves FP+. You know, she loved locking in her 3 FP+ for the headliner rides in advance then using her paper ticket to get FPs for the others. Oh boy! If she and others who read her statement go in expecting this wont they be unhappy.

I wonder how an unbiased first timer reacts to these ads. People who haven't been are often shocked at how much work can potentially go into a Disney vacation, and refuse to do it. I don't think these ads help those people.

My parents aren't first timers*, but when I first told them about this new system (last year, before I had any opinions on it), they were not thrilled at the idea of reserving ride times well before their trip. They barely wanted to do ADRs, but did because I took over that part of the planning for them. They hate being so scheduled on vacation.

*They aren't first timers, but they have not been to WDW much. They've only been to WDW 5 times total (3 when I was young), and only twice since FP began in 1999 (and both of those trips were in 2013).

I just read a post on there from a person who loves FP+. You know, she loved locking in her 3 FP+ for the headliner rides in advance then using her paper ticket to get FPs for the others. Oh boy! If she and others who read her statement go in expecting this wont they be unhappy.

Well in all fairness to her, there are tons of people who posted on here how much they loved FP+, except that they hated the limit of 3, tiers, and lack of park hopping. So basically, they loved FP+ but hate the way it actually functions :confused3

My parents aren't first timers*, but when I first told them about this new system (last year, before I had any opinions on it), they were not thrilled at the idea of reserving ride times well before their trip. They barely wanted to do ADRs, but did because I took over that part of the planning for them. They hate being so scheduled on vacation.

*They aren't first timers, but they have not been to WDW much. They've only been to WDW 5 times total (3 when I was young), and only twice since FP began in 1999 (and both of those trips were in 2013).

I imagine your parents are far from the minority.

While people have been quick to point out that DISers are the minority therefore negative feelings about FP+ only exist because we were "super users" of the old system, DISers are also the minority in the research and planning they do before a trip. While that doesn't mean there aren't non-DISers who like the planning aspect, I think the system is in trouble if it ends up requiring people to "lock in" in advance.

You must have missed the one that said you can reserve 3 FP+, but once you get to the parks, you are entitled to more. :lmao:

You must have missed the one that said you can reserve 3 FP+, but once you get to the parks, you are entitled to more. :lmao:

Oh man! I did miss that one. The negative posts just keep rolling in on FB. I wonder if/when they will cut them off. It is really like watching a train wreck. I have plenty else to do but can't stop checking. :rolleyes1

That commercial is awful!

I think at the end when they were showing the kids each picking an attraction the Dad should have said- No, you can't both have the one you want because they are tiered so we can only pick one of those for the family to ride, and then it could have shown the kids start yelling at each other. Or even better have the siblings be about age 4 and 6, so that instead of just yelling at each other, they can both start crying and throwing fits that only one of them can do their favorite. That sounds much more like the reality of what happens when families are selecting their FP+ to me!

The FP+ brings me back to the days when we had to use tickets with my parents. We ended up arguing over what rides, especially when my sister and I wanted to do a ride more than once and my parents didn't want to "waste" another ticket on a ride we had already done.:sad2:

They have posted something about transportation now. I wonder if they are hoping to bump that thread down? Of course I don't know how frequently they usually post.

They have posted something about transportation now. I wonder if they are hoping to bump that thread down? Of course I don't know how frequently they usually post.

It's advertising the monorail too, which funnily enough is down during the week for the next couple of months.

I feel like somebody is trolling the WDW Facebook page.

I am confused.

I thought people were talking about how when Disney's Masterful, Svengali Marketing the FP+, that it would inspire the uninformed to love the FP+ system. Now, I see here where people are bashing the commercials produced by the previously touted highly skilled, masterful market machine of Disney.

I lose track on which day, which department of Disney is super competent vs highly incompetent. :confused3

Don't believe the haters!! They have no idea what they are talking about!!!

WDWmagic posted a trifecta of wonderful new commercials. I have to say, I think this family annoys me just as much as FP+. :rolleyes:

Of course, the commercials are probably in the "testing" phase so they will probably improve.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/21jan2014-video---disney-releases-series-of-mymagic-promotional-videos.htm

:lmao:

I think it's funny that they are trying to act like the charging/room key ability is such a big accomplishment...hasn't that been around forever?

I am confused.

I thought people were talking about how when Disney's Masterful, Svengali Marketing the FP+, that it would inspire the uninformed to love the FP+ system. Now, I see here where people are bashing the commercials produced by the previously touted highly skilled, masterful market machine of Disney.

I lose track on which day, which department of Disney is super competent vs highly incompetent. :confused3

No need to be confused, some people just like to complain. I am not saying there is not reason to complain when you are paying a lot of money to do something but that is human nature.

My favorite line from the facebook post

"Should have called it the Remove-all-spontaneity-and-freedom-from-your-vacation-and-transform-your-trip-on-a-deep-level-planning-session-as-exciting-as-a-board-meeting-Pass."

My favorite line from the facebook post

"Should have called it the Remove-all-spontaneity-and-freedom-from-your-vacation-and-transform-your-trip-on-a-deep-level-planning-session-as-exciting-as-a-board-meeting-Pass."

Hey..... that's kind of catchy.

Or maybe they could call it "limited magic time".

There is a post on the WDW FB page, that is inviting people to "test" FP+, I think they need to stop calling it a test at this point...and there are lots of negative posts there too bashing FP+

There is a post on the WDW FB page, that is inviting people to "test" FP+, I think they need to stop calling it a test at this point...and there are lots of negative posts there too bashing FP+

I don't think they are ever going to stop calling it a test.

I don't think they are ever going to stop calling it a test.

The banner ad that I just saw said (paraphrasing)-- Imagine reserving a teacup :rotfl2: from home. Stay in a "select" Disney resort and be part of our test. I thought they would stop calling it a test when they removed all legacy FP machines, but apparently not.

I finally watched that commercial and it was so bad it was painful. Nothing about "locking it in" screams "WOO HOO I AM GOING TO WDW" to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter