For those who think only DISers hate FP+, check their Facebook page

That is the worst commercial ever. Even if you were forced to come up with positives for FP+, "locked in" isn't one of them. They are confusing their what is a benefit for them as a business with what is a benefit as a consumer. If anything, you would want to say how it can help make your vacation for leisurely or something like that.

It's an odd ad. It seems like it only appeals to people who are already specifically worried that they won't be able to get a fastpass for a particular attraction. Ease or convenience. Not "locking in."

I love the part where the kid wants to "lock in" catching three fish. What fisherman wants to "lock in" catching three fish? Isn't the next question, "What if I want to get an early start, try a little harder, and catch more fish?" "Nope, three fish is all you get." :rotfl2:

II love the part where the kid wants to "lock in" catching three fish. What fisherman wants to "lock in" catching three fish? Isn't the next question, "What if I want to get an early start, try a little harder, and catch more fish?" "Nope, three fish is all you get." :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

Most of the comments on that thread have no clue..... "All this scheduling... When I was a kid we just picked a direction and went"

Well you can still fly by the seat of your pants if you want. They are not slowing down rides, they are not removing rides, they are not saying without FP+ you can't ride a ride....

What is acceptable FP+ for top tier rides? Can you get 1 time for all? 2 times 3 times??? They only have so many seats on rides so they need to allow everyone a chance. Personally I hope a lot of people do cancel their trip in September so there is even less crowd.

In the end everyone thinks me me me me me, but they forget if they got 3 FP+ for TSM that's 2 other people who can't even get 1 pass!

Also what about those of us who want to relax on vacation and sleep in. I think you should get 1 per ride but this whole I got 3 FP in the past stuff needs to quite down.

There are definitely uninformed comments on both sides, but it's interesting to see the general reactions of WDW fans. BTW, I don't think many people were getting more than one FP for TSMM, certainly not three. You may be surprised to see how many people will still be shut out of getting TSMM fastpasses. They will be shut out based on when they book their FP+ instead of when they arrive at DHS.

Most of the comments on that thread have no clue..... "All this scheduling... When I was a kid we just picked a direction and went"

Well you can still fly by the seat of your pants if you want. They are not slowing down rides, they are not removing rides, they are not saying without FP+ you can't ride a ride....

I think the anti-planners aren't just upset by having to schedule their FP+'s. It's the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, if you will.

Because in the past, you could wake up in the morning and pick a park. Go down to the front desk and say that you need a lunch reservation, and boom, it was done.

Now, if you aren't planning your meals 180 days out, there's no table service left and you have to eat counter service for every meal. Sure, there are plenty of hot dogs, pizzas and hamburgers to go around, but after a couple days, it's not appealing.

Also, now, if you aren't planning your FP+'s 60 days out, or you're staying off-site, you feel like you're getting FP's for what's left over, and you aren't necessarily even getting them for the rides you want, which can make them fairly useless.

Or if you go to MK, and it begins to get unusually crowded for that time of year, you can hop to another park, but you get 0 FP+'s at the new park because you already used one at MK, which means you can't use FP+ at all for the park you're spending the majority of your day in.

I'm not a fan. It might work for others. But I don't like it.

The term "locking in" has infiltrated Disney's marketing material simply because it has become the new corporate mantra.

But I wouldn't post negatively on their FB page if you're entering the Vacation A Day contest. They'd probably throw your name out. ;)

Maybe I'm naive because I haven't been to WDW since they have implemented the new FP+ system, but I thought the ad was clever? Then again, I'm looking forward to my husband not needing to run out of our H&V breakfast with a waffle in his mouth so he can book it to TSM to secure a fast pass.

sethschroeder said:

What is acceptable FP+ for top tier rides? Can you get 1 time for all? 2 times 3 times??? They only have so many seats on rides so they need to allow everyone a chance. Personally I hope a lot of people do cancel their trip in September so there is even less crowd.

In the end everyone thinks me me me me me, but they forget if they got 3 FP+ for TSM that's 2 other people who can't even get 1 pass!

Also what about those of us who want to relax on vacation and sleep in. I think you should get 1 per ride but this whole I got 3 FP in the past stuff needs to quite down.

Of course everyone is going to think of me me me and how FP+ impacts their own trip. Personally I liked FP_ better. Everyone had the same opportunity to get to a park at RD and get a FP_. It is yet to be seen if that happens with FP+. It as about choices before...do I get ton the park when it opens or a little later. Now for me it's still about choices but it's do I spend ~$750 more staying onsite in 2 rooms vs a condo off site for 3 adults and 3 kids. I feel now it's going to turn into who can pay more and I find that sad. Yes, Disney is a company and can do whatever they want to increase profits. I just didn't feel in the past it was about who could pay more.

Maybe I'm naive because I haven't been to WDW since they have implemented the new FP+ system, but I thought the ad was clever? Then again, I'm looking forward to my husband not needing to run out of our H&V breakfast with a waffle in his mouth so he can book it to TSM to secure a fast pass.

As a former fastpass "runner" I can tell you that I felt much more rushed trying to move from one place to another under this new system than I ever did under the old one when trying to make fastpass+ appointments and dining reservations.

This is my favorite response on the facebook post

"Can I "lock in" something of actual essence to be built in WDW within the next ten years?"

The term "locking in" has infiltrated Disney's marketing material simply because it has become the new corporate mantra.

Love it-we have the plans in place for future headliners built with FP+ sales. :thumbsup2

It's an odd ad. It seems like it only appeals to people who are already specifically worried that they won't be able to get a fastpass for a particular attraction. Ease or convenience. Not "locking in."

I love the part where the kid wants to "lock in" catching three fish. What fisherman wants to "lock in" catching three fish? Isn't the next question, "What if I want to get an early start, try a little harder, and catch more fish?" "Nope, three fish is all you get." :rotfl2:

Ha good point! Maybe they are trying to tell us that three fish are best.

As a former fastpass "runner" I can tell you that I felt much more rushed trying to move from one place to another under this new system than I ever did under the old one when trying to make fastpass+ appointments and dining reservations.

But if we already have our FP+ appointment and our dining reservations set, then why would there be a rush? We know where we want to be and when...

I felt very rushed on our last trip which was in November. Locked-in is actually the perfect word for how I felt ;)

Also what about those of us who want to relax on vacation and sleep in.

Maybe I look at Disney differently than some but relaxing is not a term I often use when describing a WDW vacation to others. The beach and relaxation yes. Theme parks and relaxation no.

I can't access FB Right now. Anyone have a link to the commercial outside of FB (Youtube, maybe?)

glamdring269 said:
Maybe I look at Disney differently than some but relaxing is not a term I often use when describing a WDW vacation to others. The beach and relaxation yes. Theme parks and relaxation no.

Amen! To each their own tho. I was mostly a solo traveler on my last visit b/c my friend likes to sleep in, take naps and just hang out in world showcase. Not me!

I wonder if Disney has someone actively reading their FB page. The comments are rolling in and I woud say negative to positive is winning out. Of course a fe are just woefully misinformed.

The ignorance about FP+ is staggering. I'm not even going to waste my time correcting people on FB, but oh, are some of them in for a surprise!

They eventually just deleted that status update due to all the negative comments. ;)

I'm assuming this one will end up the same.

That is the worst thing they could do. Better to respond to their customers with how it will get better :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter