For those of you who bought direct...

To get even more specific a direct purchase only comes with current points forward. If you're at the end of a UY it can feel like extra but it's actually current. Only with resale can you actually get a fully loaded contract with banked points too.

Again for people doing the math I think a lot may not factor in: "I'm buying in year X but I will also get year X-1 points with my purchase"

Last edited:
We have both resale and direct points. I would buy direct. We bought grand californian resale. I know folks save money buying resale but when I measure the pros and cons I feel direct has more advantage. I don’t like the thought of having restricted points. Makes planning easier and I enjoy the perks such as moonlight magic, pass holder discounts, etc which I fully understand can change and be taken away but it’s nice knowing when dvc comes up with new perks I don’t have to rethink if I’m applicable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter