For those of you that have Olympus Stylus 170

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I just developed my first 6 rolls from our Disney/San Diego vacation and all of the pictures looked washed out. (Yes, I know I should have taken test shots, but we did not get the camera until 3 days before we left.).

We used Kodak 400 speed film. There is really not many settings to set on this camera.

Could it be the camera? Could it be us? I did not use Kodak processing - was this my mistake? They were processed with a glossy finish (there was not a choice of matte).

Do you think it would be worthwhile to take some of the negatives and have them reprocessed using the Kodak processing?

We looked for a camera for so long. The pictures are certainly o.k., but not wow. For example, I took some pictures of some of the pretty flowers and the colors look dull.

And just a note for those of you going on vacation soon, check your camcorder BEFORE you go. Our died - I mean dead - while we were on our trip. I was so upset that we could not get tape of some of my favorite parades.

Any help would be appreciated. Have a great day.

I

Hi momoftwins,

I have the Olympus stylus 170. I love it.!!

Usually I only use 800 film. I prefer that speed because of it's versatility.
I have never had any of my pictures look faded out.
I have used at least 150 rolls in that camera since I bought it.
It could be that they were under/over developed while processing. One time the girl said that pics would not develop, but I could see them on the negatives. So I had to take them somewhere else to have copies made. I use that camera mostly at concerts and it really does an awesome job.

Good Luck!!

We used to have an Olympus Stylus Zoom 140. To be honest, my DW never like the pictures from this camera and always thought they looked a little washed out. We used everything from 100 speed to 800 speed film, always with the same results. The pictures were ok, just not all that crisp or vibrant. We are in the market for a new camera (zoom on old one broke :(, and then DW lost it :eek: - and seeing as she never liked it I have to wonder........................) and I was toying with the idea of another Olympus, but I don't think so. They look cool and have nice features, but your experience being similar to ours makes me think they just aren't the best cameras. Good, but maybe not great :confused:.

I have the Olympus Stylus Epic Zoom 80 and I love it. We have Animal Kingdom and Illumination pictures that look like postcards. I use whatever film is on sale (usually CVS brand) in 400 and 800 speeds. I like the 400 speed better than the 200 speed. This is my second Olympus (dropped the old one too many times) and we have never had any problems that weren't out fault. We are shutterbugs but not exactly good photographers.

I have had the Olympus 170 camera for about a year. In fact, we bought it during our trip to Disney last May when my Minolta camera died at AK! My pictures have ranged from fantastic, to washed out, to grainy. I have used 200, 400, and 800 speed film. I am not happy at all with the overall quality of this camera and am currently looking to replace it.

This thread is amazing! I searched and searched before I decided upon and bought an Olympus Stylus 140. Our DD shows horses, and we needed something that would take great zoom pictures from across an arena.

My experience is exactly like some of the other posters. My pictures range from absolutely incredible (sharp with wonderful color) to washed out to grainy. I blamed it on my having bought a reconditioned camera or on my lack of knowledge of the camera.

When the pictures are good, they're great; but when they aren't, they're a waste of money. One thing I have noticed though - I don't think any of my pictures that were taken outdoors have had a problem. The ones indoors are the ones that flunctuate.

We have since moved on to digital cameras which have been very satisfactory. If we don't get a good picture, at least we know it right then and can try it over.

This thread has at least made me feel a little less inadequate! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter