"For the Love of Disney" February 2021 Exercise Challenge

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Valentine's Day!!

20 minutes for me (250/500) and congrats to lisam427 and sophy1996! :figment: :figment: :figment:
All three of us have reached purple!

Team total is 3,586, and we're less than 300 minutes from team color change as well!! :cheer2:

Today's quote is:

"Side by side with your loved one, you’ll find enchantment here. The night will weave its magic spell, when the one you love is near."

Lady and the Tramp

Good morning, all!

Team totals are up to 3,668 minutes and 47%! :cheer2:

Today's quote is:

"To face the future with another, who means more than any other, is to be loved."

The Rescuers

20 minutes for me (270/500) and today's quote is:

“If you live to be 100, I want to live to 100 minus one day so I never have to live without you.”

Winnie the Pooh

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone!

380 minutes since last check in - horses, walking, Chloe Ting, dance workout

1495/1680

So far, so good on this winter storm stuff. We have about 7.5 inches of snow on the ground with more to come tomorrow and Thursday. The snowfall was gorgeous!!!!!! The only shoveling we had to do was in front of the chicken coop door, so that wasn't bad. The forecast kept changing almost hourly, with a max of 28 inches over the week at one point. Thankfully now, even if the currently predicted max happens, we should be around only 15", hopefully less.

The bad part has been the temps, but I think we're supposed to get close to 30 tomorrow. We went from a -15 feels like yesterday to a pure 20 today and that was amaze-balls! 20 felt glorious. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the horses since Sunday. Supposedly they are doing well. A couple of the barn staff are living on site with the owners this week to make sure all of the horses are cared for. So thankful for that! Cannot wait to get out there again, but the roads are not good and will likely only get worse over the next couple of days.

@Elizabeth Smith, how are you guys? Aren't you in Texas? I have family there and have heard things are pretty grim with the power outages, water outages, and low temps. Hoping things are okay where you are!

Trivia: still just one correct - no longer counting total missed - too ashamed! : )

:figment: :Pinkbounc Good morning everyone, and congrats to the team on reaching purple and to Twilight Sparkle on being the first to pink!!

I'm adding my usual 20 treadmill minutes (290/500) and the team total is currently 4,263 minutes and 55%. :cheer2:

Today's quote is:

"Each happy ending’s a brand new beginning."

Enchanted

It has been pretty cold and snowy here. We got about 12 inches of snow with more tonight and tomorrow and even more over the weekend. Last night the temps dropped to a wind chill below 0. DH has still been going for walks at 5:30 am and later in the afternoon outside. He said this morning that his tears froze. That is way too cold for me. I have been doing all of my workouts on the treadmill except for Monday night I did help shovel the drive way.

Friday -- 99 minutes
Saturday -- 62 minutes
Sunday -- 60 minutes
Monday -- 90 minutes
Tuesday -- 45 minutes

Total -- 1125/1680

For the quotes, I am still at 0. I think I don't myself enough time to think about it before I look at the answer.

Edited to fix my time. I added incorrectly

Last edited:
@Elizabeth Smith, how are you guys? Aren't you in Texas? I have family there and have heard things are pretty grim with the power outages, water outages, and low temps. Hoping things are okay where you are!
We've had power this whole time, basically. This morning, the power company has been shutting our power off for short intervals to conserve energy. But otherwise, we've been totally fine! I haven't been able to leave my house since Saturday, though. So no work. Which means I will have a lot to catch up on when I do go back!

Missed Sunday and Monday's quote, but I got yesterday's, so yay!

100 minutes since my last update, stationary biking and Chloe Tinging.

460/800

Missed another! I think I'm going to go back through all of these quotes with my daughter and see if she does better than I have.

@Elizabeth Smith, so glad all is well with you guys!

@piglet1979, yes, frozen tears = too cold to be outside! Glad you are staying warm on the treadmill. I'm learning that the colder it gets, the more I have to force myself to get out from under the blankets. Kudos to all of you who live in colder areas of the country and still manage to get those minutes in!

I'm learning that the colder it gets, the more I have to force myself to get out from under the blankets. Kudos to all of you who live in colder areas of the country and still manage to get those minutes in!

It is not easy. I have a harder time getting up for work in the winter but I know I have t. I will wait until the very last minute though to get up. So once I am up I am good to get on the treadmill until after work. Once I sit on the couch and get under a blanket I am not getting up again. So I get on the treadmill at lunch and then again after work if I want to get to 10,000 steps. When I finally go back to the office I will get my workout in as soon as I get home. If there are kids activities I will have to figure that out.

Starting Monday I am going to do at least two toning classes ( zumba strong, pound, barre, kettleball) two cardio ( step aerobics, zumba,cardio bellydancing, taebo/kickboxing, walking) and one day of yoga. I love these classes. When it warms up hubby and I plan on doing some hiking, jumping roap, and workout on the heavy bag in the garage. This is just a basic plan but I plan on doing something everyday. I found these classes on either YouTube or live on zoom. Thankfully it is all free and I do it at home in the workout room my husband set up for me. Thinking of doing Chloe ting standing abs daily too.
Been journaling what I have been eating too in the wish thread. It really has been helping and I find this thread very motivating. Thank you for allowing me to join!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter