"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Anyone making the drive soon? Crowds haven’t been to bad considering.
I was over at World of Disney at 10am when it opened this morning. Just needed a few pool towels and a few sweatshirts.
If your planning on going to World of Disney in the 50 year mech section, bring your elbows and leave your manners and feelings at the door, it’s a nasty scene. Lol People are nuts!! I usually get there at 9am, do my laps and out of there by 10:30, 11:00 before it gets to touristy. Lol
If you just want to go for a nice walk in the morning, the Springs is nice. 9am it’s pretty quiet, just a few retires doing laps and some cast members going to work and doing there thing.

I was supposed to drive down from Montreal in 3 weeks but since the border isn't open. I'll be flying down instead... I need my Disney fix. I hope the border opens soon. I miss driving to WDW.

I was supposed to drive down from Montreal in 3 weeks but since the border isn't open. I'll be flying down instead... I need my Disney fix. I hope the border opens soon. I miss driving to WDW.
I have to admit, I miss the road trips myself and it’s only been six months.
Only saving grace is i will be heading back north towards the end of the month, beginning of November sometime. I miss the road.

I was over at World of Disney at 10am when it opened this morning. Just needed a few pool towels and a few sweatshirts.
If your planning on going to World of Disney in the 50 year mech section, bring your elbows and leave your manners and feelings at the door, it’s a nasty scene. Lol People are nuts!! I usually get there at 9am, do my laps and out of there by 10:30, 11:00 before it gets to touristy. Lol
If you just want to go for a nice walk in the morning, the Springs is nice. 9am it’s pretty quiet, just a few retires doing laps and some cast members going to work and doing there thing.
Driving down the end of the month! Maybe I'll get to see some leaf color on 81. 🍂🍁

We're leaving home on Black Friday (52 days from today) and arriving sometime Saturday afternoon. I appreciate the heads up on the Disney Springs crowds. I was hoping weeknights would be better than weekends since we're having dinner at Raglan Road on that Tuesday night, and were planning on doing some shopping afterwards. But we might just have to eat and run if the crowds are still crazy.

We're leaving home on Black Friday (52 days from today) and arriving sometime Saturday afternoon. I appreciate the heads up on the Disney Springs crowds. I was hoping weeknights would be better than weekends since we're having dinner at Raglan Road on that Tuesday night, and were planning on doing some shopping afterwards. But we might just have to eat and run if the crowds are still crazy.
The crowds aren’t too bad, it’s just in The World of Disney. They have a section devoted to 50th merch, that gets going at times. I’ll keep you update.

You can fly OVER the border and return but not drive? That is just plain dumb!

You can fly OVER the border and return but not drive? That is just plain dumb!
This is a silly situation, but flying between DTW and YYZ you can see a difference in infrastructure and staffing than if you were to cross at the Ambassador or Blue water bridges, or the Detroit Windsor tunnel (let's toss in the Soo crossing to the sum as well). The space and staffing are not equal, even if you you were to sum the land crossing options. I cannot imagine the backup at the tunnel if there were added screening at that point!

This is a silly situation, but flying between DTW and YYZ you can see a difference in infrastructure and staffing than if you were to cross at the Ambassador or Blue water bridges, or the Detroit Windsor tunnel (let's toss in the Soo crossing to the sum as well). The space and staffing are not equal, even if you you were to sum the land crossing options. I cannot imagine the backup at the tunnel if there were added screening at that point!
I’m assuming there are people who use to cross everyday for work. Were they allowed to cross or did they have to work from home or just end up losing their job?

So just another reason why we drive… We were heading to FL for a long weekend yesterday. Our SWA flight got canceled.😡
We rescheduled to this morning and that got canceled too!!! 😡😡😡
We have been flying SWA for almost 20 yrs. I’ve never had a flight canceled nevermind 2 in less than 24 hrs. Apparently I’ve been hearing that SWA has canceled numerous flights to FL the past few days. My friend was also canceled Friday night.
We live in MA so if we’re just going for a long weekend we can’t drive. It just really sucks that we weren’t able to go!! I’m so depressed.

I’m assuming there are people who use to cross everyday for work. Were they allowed to cross or did they have to work from home or just end up losing their job?
Yes. You can cross for work or emergency situations. But for leisure it's forbidden.

So just another reason why we drive… We were heading to FL for a long weekend yesterday. Our SWA flight got canceled.😡
We rescheduled to this morning and that got canceled too!!! 😡😡😡
We have been flying SWA for almost 20 yrs. I’ve never had a flight canceled nevermind 2 in less than 24 hrs. Apparently I’ve been hearing that SWA has canceled numerous flights to FL the past few days. My friend was also canceled Friday night.
We live in MA so if we’re just going for a long weekend we can’t drive. It just really sucks that we weren’t able to go!! I’m so depressed.
Yes, I read about all the SWA cancellations, blaming it on air traffic control issues and weather. But it was pointed out that other airlines flying into Florida did not have nearly the number of cancellations that SWA had. Sorry your plans were ruined. I hope you didn't lose money on reservations.

Yes, I read about all the SWA cancellations, blaming it on air traffic control issues and weather. But it was pointed out that other airlines flying into Florida did not have nearly the number of cancellations that SWA had. Sorry your plans were ruined. I hope you didn't lose money on reservations.
Thanks. Yeah not ATC or weather at all. Thankfully we have a condo so didn’t lose money on a resort. Just extremely frustrating especially when they don’t tell customers the real reason.

Thanks. Yeah not ATC or weather at all. Thankfully we have a condo so didn’t lose money on a resort. Just extremely frustrating especially when they don’t tell customers the real reason.
They had on the news down here, our news for some reason comes out of Tampa, that the pilots were doing the calling in sick thing to protest.
I ran into that back in August with Allegiant. They were canceling flights because the were protesting there work load.
They kind of made it sound like a weekend thing because of the holiday.

On the news this morning they retracted there statement about pilot protest. Pilot association said that it wasn’t true and it was a weather issue that snowballed.
Tampa airport only has seven flights canceled today and they are for the most part caught up from the weekend.
So that’s the Tampa airport report just in case your flying into Tampa. Lol
It’s funny, I’m 30 miles from down town Orlando and 62 miles to Tampa but my news comes out of Tampa. Even when we lived in the condo which was for the most part in Kissimmee our news came out of Tampa. I’ll have to adjust the rabbit ears. Lol

On the news this morning they retracted there statement about pilot protest. Pilot association said that it wasn’t true and it was a weather issue that snowballed.
Tampa airport only has seven flights canceled today and they are for the most part caught up from the weekend.
It’s funny, I’m 30 miles from down town Orlando and 62 miles to Tampa but my news comes out of Tampa. Even when we lived in the condo which was for the most part in Kissimmee our news came out of Tampa. I’ll have to adjust the rabbit ears. Lol
Hoping it’s just a weekend thing! We’re going to try again next month. I am determined to celebrate my 50th b-day. We might just do JetBlue and save our points for SWA for later. We’ll figure it out.
My friend’s flight got canceled to fly home today. She switched to JetBlue tomorrow to make sure she can get home.
I think it’s the vaccine mandate too.

Hoping it’s just a weekend thing! We’re going to try again next month. I am determined to celebrate my 50th b-day. We might just do JetBlue and save our points for SWA for later. We’ll figure it out.
My friend’s flight got canceled to fly home today. She switched to JetBlue tomorrow to make sure she can get home.
I think it’s the vaccine mandate too.
That’s what they said this weekend that it was a protest about the mandate.
My wife is in Pa visiting her mom and is flying home Thursday morning. She take a Allegiant into Sanford so hopefully she makes it home. She can’t take the cloudy skies up north. Lol
Our daughter flys out next week to Denver for work. She was looking at the weather forecast, she’s not happy. Lol After living in Florida for only seven months, it sure didn’t take long to get use to the weather here. Lol

Off topic but -- We are in southcentral PA. Comcast gives us news out of Baltimore and DC before it gives us the Harrisburg/Lancaster stations. I have to say "CBS" in the remote three times before I get Harrisburg. Or I say the call letters or station numbers that I want. So find the call letters of the stations you want your local news from or find their channel numbers and try inputting those. HTH.

Off topic but -- We are in southcentral PA. Comcast gives us news out of Baltimore and DC before it gives us the Harrisburg/Lancaster stations. I have to say "CBS" in the remote three times before I get Harrisburg. Or I say the call letters or station numbers that I want. So find the call letters of the stations you want your local news from or find their channel numbers and try inputting those. HTH.
Well I got my answer, I’m in Polk county. Which the county lines around here look like a drunk with a etch a sketch. Lol. I am in one of the furthest part, closet to Orlando. The majority of it sits closer to Tampa.
I could always load the App on the tv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter