For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas Fredericksburg, VA $3.239.

(This is the post that was in cyberspace for a few hours. I see this morning it finally decided to show up)

Got home about 3:30 this afternoon.
Did a post on my cell earlier that didn't post and when I tried to repost it it said it was a duplicate post, but neither one has shown up here. Apparently went into cyberspace.
Got gas in, I think, Fredericksburg, VA @ $3.239.

I had an eyelash in my eye yesterday before we started out. It felt a little better after I got it out, but as we were driving home it started to feel like I had something in my eye again. I think I got some fiber fin there from the tissue I used to get the eyelash out. Washed them out when I got home & put hot compresses on them and they feel a little better. Just hoping I didn't pick up pinkeye down there. (can't imagine how that would happen :lmao:) Hopefully after I sleep tonight they will feel better.

Happy to be home with the animals again. Even though we love WDW we do miss our pet children (and our real kids, too, but they aren't around everyday like the pets) Next trip is planned for August for our anniversary cruise on the Disney Fantasy. I am thinking about taking the train from Philly for that though since it is a 7 nighter & $15/day x 8 days (they charge by the days instead of the nights now) = $120 could go toward paying for a taxi from the train station to a hotel and then from the hotel to port and then from port to the train after the cruise. I just don't think I would want to be driving home Labor Day weekend after a relaxing cruise. We would also have to take off more days for the drive and that would be asking a lot of the kids since they take care of the pets for us.

I'm sure there will be many more driving trips in our future, but for now I think it will be a while till we do it again. I will be checking in here and keeping up with everyones trips.:thumbsup2

Did a post on my cell earlier that didn't post and when I tried to repost it it said it was a duplicate post, but neither one has shown up here. Apparently went into cyberspace.

I had an eyelash in my eye yesterday before we started out. It felt a little better after I got it out, but as we were driving home it started to feel like I had something in my eye again. I think I got some fiber fin there from the tissue I used to get the eyelash out. Washed them out when I got home & put hot compresses on them and they feel a little better. Just hoping I didn't pick up pinkeye down there. (can't imagine how that would happen :lmao:) Hopefully after I sleep tonight they will feel better.

Happy to be home with the animals again. Even though we love WDW we do miss our pet children (and our real kids, too, but they aren't around everyday like the pets) Next trip is planned for August for our anniversary cruise on the Disney Fantasy. I am thinking about taking the train from Philly for that though since it is a 7 nighter & $15/day x 8 days (they charge by the days instead of the nights now) = $120 could go toward paying for a taxi from the train station to a hotel and then from the hotel to port and then from port to the train after the cruise. I just don't think I would want to be driving home Labor Day weekend after a relaxing cruise. We would also have to take off more days for the drive and that would be asking a lot of the kids since they take care of the pets for us.

I'm sure there will be many more driving trips in our future, but for now I think it will be a while till we do it again. I will be checking in here and keeping up with everyones trips.:thumbsup2

Thanks for that detailed report. We hope your eye is doing better today.
All the best. :thumbsup2

welcome home!!! :thumbsup2

welcome home!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks. As much as I miss WDW I am happy to be home safe and sound with my pets around me. I miss them a lot while we are gone. Since it was so cold so many days down there this last week it wasn't as much of a shock to the system to come home to the cold.

Thanks. As much as I miss WDW I am happy to be home safe and sound with my pets around me. I miss them a lot while we are gone. Since it was so cold so many days down there this last week it wasn't as much of a shock to the system to come home to the cold.

i was flamed one day for saying i love wdw but its always nice to come back home. :lmao: no matter how nice the beds are in wdw, its still not the same as your own at home. :thumbsup2
my wife thinks im nuts, i dug out our "disney travel stuff" from october trip and started getting things together for may. :lmao:

i was flamed one day for saying i love wdw but its always nice to come back home. :lmao: no matter how nice the beds are in wdw, its still not the same as your own at home. :thumbsup2
my wife thinks im nuts, i dug out our "disney travel stuff" from october trip and started getting things together for may. :lmao:

I actually sleep quite well in WDW, but then again there are no cats climbing all over me during the night. DH has already done his wash an has probably repacked his bags with his Disney stuff in anticipation of our trip in August.:lmao:I will probably be packing at the last minute unless DS moves out by then & I get my sewing room back. I have a cutting table that worked great as a packing table till he moved back in. Send some pixie dust my way that he gets a house by summer. He just interviewed for and got a new position at work with a pay increase that may get him into a price range for a half decent house. Before he could only get houses that no one else would want either.

I actually sleep quite well in WDW, but then again there are no cats climbing all over me during the night. DH has already done his wash an has probably repacked his bags with his Disney stuff in anticipation of our trip in August.:lmao:I will probably be packing at the last minute unless DS moves out by then & I get my sewing room back. I have a cutting table that worked great as a packing table till he moved back in. Send some pixie dust my way that he gets a house by summer. He just interviewed for and got a new position at work with a pay increase that may get him into a price range for a half decent house. Before he could only get houses that no one else would want either.

thats great to hear!!!! nows the time to buy. my inlaws want to down size and get on one floor. i went with them to look at a ranch house and there were a ton of people there looking at it. hopefully things will turn around soon. :thumbsup2

I'm guessing that's not the ONLY reason she thinks you're nuts :rotfl:

We haven't started packing yet and we leave in 11 1/2 days! We can do online check-in on Wednesday. Kids are getting really psyched!

We do have things that just stay in the suitcase for each trip, so I guess we're kind of half-packed already!

You're not nuts.
I keep a bag of Disney travel stuff - well actually two bags- the canvas ones that you purchased with a purchase several years ago (one for regular and a Christmas one for Christmas). In the regular Disney bag, I keep our ponchos, refillable drink bottles, Elliot Dyson glasses (gift from Elliot at the Scat Cat Club) for when we go to Scat Cat Club at night, cooling fan, drawstring backpacks, other items we use at Disney, and our AP's, Disney Gift cards, TIW card, and even our 3D glasses from the 3D Dessert Discovery Event at F&W (great for seeing the fireworks as Mickey Heads). The Christmas bag is packed with our Mickey & Minnie Santa hats, our Disney Christmas shirts for the MVMCP, our red drawstring backpack, our Disney Christmas window clings and other items for a Christmas trip. I also keep our Disney shirts in a separate drawer so that I can pack them when packing the suitcase. As soon as we come home, I wash the clothes and repack the bags and drawer. By having everything together I just grab the appropriate bag(s) and stuff them in a spare spot in the trunk when we load the car. Makes packing a breeze as I don't have to find the Disney stuff - it is already to go.

Our 2000+ mile driver vehicle packing/checklist:

1. Take van to shop, get fluids topped, belts checked, tires checked, oil change
2. Replace windshield wipers - it rains in Florida!
3. Clean out van, put fresh trash bag in trash can, clean center console
4. Pack emergency kit - jumper cables, flairs, safety cones, fix-a-flat
5. Put in afghans, pillows and travel neck pillows
6. Put one seat into floor for open area for cooler, snacks and easy access to back seat for DD and quick exits at rest areas :rotfl:
7. Put new antenna topper on - monorail red!
8. Electronics - GPS, power supply, WiFi
9. Pick out 20 DVDs for constant entertainment
10. Put suitcases into back luggage area.
11. Hit the road!!!!! :car:

Our 2000+ mile driver vehicle packing/checklist:

1. Take van to shop, get fluids topped, belts checked, tires checked, oil change
2. Replace windshield wipers - it rains in Florida!
3. Clean out van, put fresh trash bag in trash can, clean center console
4. Pack emergency kit - jumper cables, flairs, safety cones, fix-a-flat
5. Put in afghans, pillows and travel neck pillows
6. Put one seat into floor for open area for cooler, snacks and easy access to back seat for DD and quick exits at rest areas :rotfl:
7. Put new antenna topper on - monorail red!
8. Electronics - GPS, power supply, WiFi
9. Pick out 20 DVDs for constant entertainment
10. Put suitcases into back luggage area.
11. Hit the road!!!!! :car:

An impressive and important roster..especially #7! :cool1: That's one of the last tasks we complete before our drive.

An impressive and important roster..especially #7! :cool1: That's one of the last tasks we complete before our drive.

Yep - normally that van has Minnie Mouse (it's the red Minnie-Van!), DH's van has Sorcerer Mickey plus we have a Celebrate Balloon, and a Father's Day shirt & tie one.

I'm guessing that's not the ONLY reason she thinks you're nuts :rotfl:

We haven't started packing yet and we leave in 11 1/2 days! We can do online check-in on Wednesday. Kids are getting really psyched!

We do have things that just stay in the suitcase for each trip, so I guess we're kind of half-packed already!
:lmao: pictures!!!! text me pictures!!!! i have three new pictures for wall paper on my phone from a good friend here on the boards that was just down.:thumbsup2
You're not nuts.
I keep a bag of Disney travel stuff - well actually two bags- the canvas ones that you purchased with a purchase several years ago (one for regular and a Christmas one for Christmas). In the regular Disney bag, I keep our ponchos, refillable drink bottles, Elliot Dyson glasses (gift from Elliot at the Scat Cat Club) for when we go to Scat Cat Club at night, cooling fan, drawstring backpacks, other items we use at Disney, and our AP's, Disney Gift cards, TIW card, and even our 3D glasses from the 3D Dessert Discovery Event at F&W (great for seeing the fireworks as Mickey Heads). The Christmas bag is packed with our Mickey & Minnie Santa hats, our Disney Christmas shirts for the MVMCP, our red drawstring backpack, our Disney Christmas window clings and other items for a Christmas trip. I also keep our Disney shirts in a separate drawer so that I can pack them when packing the suitcase. As soon as we come home, I wash the clothes and repack the bags and drawer. By having everything together I just grab the appropriate bag(s) and stuff them in a spare spot in the trunk when we load the car. Makes packing a breeze as I don't have to find the Disney stuff - it is already to go.

how was christmas this year at wdw? this was the first year in a few years that we didnt go down for the holidays. :sad1: friends from here on the boards were just down and i got a pic. of the day on my cell phone!! very nice shots!!! :thumbsup2

:how was christmas this year at wdw? this was the first year in a few years that we didnt go down for the holidays. :sad1: friends from here on the boards were just down and i got a pic. of the day on my cell phone!! very nice shots!!! :thumbsup2

We went early Dec. this year - to see the lights, MVMCP, and candlelight processional. This year we had Christmas day back in IL. We had booked the candlelight processional for Whoopi's narration, unfortunately she cancelled. We thought she did an excellent job the year before. By the time she cancelled, we were unable to get a package for our second narrator choice closer to Christmas. But we did get to hear Geena Davis who did a very good job.
We only do Christmas every other year in FL. But we do go down sometime in Dec. for the lights, decorations, MVMCP, and Candlelight Processional.

We went early Dec. this year - to see the lights, MVMCP, and candlelight processional. This year we had Christmas day back in IL. We had booked the candlelight processional for Whoopi's narration, unfortunately she cancelled. We thought she did an excellent job the year before. By the time she cancelled, we were unable to get a package for our second narrator choice closer to Christmas. But we did get to hear Geena Davis who did a very good job.
We only do Christmas every other year in FL. But we do go down sometime in Dec. for the lights, decorations, MVMCP, and Candlelight Processional.

we love the candle light. i told dw i could just drive down to see that and the castle and drive back home.
we are going down in may and also in september of this year. we are taking our dd down in may (summer brake from college) and just dw and i for 12 nights in september.

Back! Left somewhere near Exmore, VA on 1/1/12 at 10 p.m. for the drive down. I only had a 1 hr. nap in the afternoon, so it was a harder drive than usual, and I forgot to keep notes. We made it to Celebration in time for lunch on 1/2/12!

We left to return home yesterday (late in the morning) and pulled into Dunn, NC around 9ish? to spend the night. Got going around 8 or so this morning, and made the 4:15 ferry to cross from DE back to NJ. :cool1:

Good trip, tough marathon, and great to be home! Gossip from the road: Word is no WAWAs to be built along I95 for now, but 100 to be built in FL. That one on I Drive is due to open in July. :goodvibes

Back! Left somewhere near Exmore, VA on 1/1/12 at 10 p.m. for the drive down. I only had a 1 hr. nap in the afternoon, so it was a harder drive than usual, and I forgot to keep notes. We made it to Celebration in time for lunch on 1/2/12!

We left to return home yesterday (late in the morning) and pulled into Dunn, NC around 9ish? to spend the night. Got going around 8 or so this morning, and made the 4:15 ferry to cross from DE back to NJ. :cool1:

Good trip, tough marathon, and great to be home! Gossip from the road: Word is no WAWAs to be built along I95 for now, but 100 to be built in FL. That one on I Drive is due to open in July. :goodvibes

glad you had a good trip. :thumbsup2 they should put a wawa next to every cracker barrel thats on i95.:rotfl2:

Getting excited!!!
We leave on February 24th from New England. It will be our 4th drive (3rd with the kids).
We're getting snow this morning here and it reminds me why I like driving better than flying! We have friends who flew out this morning to go to WDW. They spent the last few days stressing over the forcast and worrying about their flight being delayed or cancelled. I think all went well for them, but the stress isn't how I'd like to start my vacation. I love that when you drive you have the ability to adjust your plans depending on the weather. Had our friends been driving rather than flying, they could have watched the weather and left earlier to miss the storm- waiting on a plane, you have no control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter