Food & Wine Fevtivals..?

Goofy41

Goofy-Dad
With parks opening on July 11th, are there plans to have the Fall Food & Wine Festival..?

I've also been wondering the same thing as we of course had to reschedule our trip booked in May (Flower & Garden) and now have reservations at All Star Movies in November. Praying the other resorts are open by then. Also, that we are able to make reservations for the parks we want to visit (if they still have that system in place then.) No biggie if they aren't having the Food & Wine Festival this year as we've been before and are Florida Residents. I was just bummed we missed the Flower & Garden Festival this spring. Of course I'm still devastated by this pandemic & very nervous as the cases are rising like crazy here in Florida now. I've just been to Disney soooooo many times over the last 30 years & never made it to Flower & Garden. Oh well, there's always next year. I have not seen anything posted or even mentioned in regards to the festivals on the DIS or any announcements from Disney about the holiday parties, F&W, Festival of the Holidays, etc. I hope everyone is staying safe & following guidelines so we can hopefully one day get back to pre-pandemic living... if ever!!! Have a MAGICAL day my fellow Disers!

Last edited:
I’m going in with the personal assumption of no festivities until at least f&g 2021 could be on hiatus longer or gone for good which would be a bummer... could be back sooner as you know what happens when you assume.... it’s just all wait and see

I’m going in with the personal assumption of no festivities until at least f&g 2021 could be on hiatus longer or gone for good which would be a bummer... could be back sooner as you know what happens when you assume.... it’s just all wait and see
The festivals are a HUGE money maker. They planned on redoing Epcot around the festivals. No way are they gone for good.

I think that Food&Wine could actually work pretty well with social distancing, and it would take some of the pressure off the TS restaurants. I hope they decide to hold it. This is the first time I’ve missed Flower&Garden (PLEASE GIVE US A WAY TO GET THE AP ORANGE BIRD MAGNET) since it started, and I don’t want to miss out on Food&Wine too.

I don’t see festivals happening while they are significantly limiting capacity. I don’t think they will spend the money and dedicate the resources for a limited crowd when there’s (presumably) no park hopping.

I think festivals will definitely be back when the percentage capacity increases and park hopping (hopefully) returns.

With the lines that occur at the food stands imagine how far they would stretch at 6ft apart just to order and having a waiting area for those waiting to receive their food. They usually use a roped switchback area to corral more people into a small amount of space which they could not do because you would be standing next to the person in the next lane. So that means single file lines to space people. I guess if they eliminate a lot of the booths you could space things out. What about having to limit the number of folks attending seminars or the concerts. They would have to put hand sanitizer stations at each food booth. Or do away with the self serve utensil dispenser carousels. Think of the grimy hands reaching in to the dispenser bins get a fork. I don't see it happening. Disney will be still trying to figure out how to control the amount of people in the parks since they will have only been open 7 weeks before the start of F & W.

Last edited:
With the lines that occur at the food stands imagine how far they would stretch at 6ft apart just to order and having a waiting area for those waiting to receive their food. Or limiting the number of folks attending seminars or the concerts. They would have to put hand sanitizer stations at each booth. Or do away with the self serve utensil dispenser carousels. Think of the grimy hands reaching in to the dispenser bins get a fork.

Park capactity would be lower, so that would shorten lines. I could see canceling the seminars and concerts even if they do go forward with the festival. And they had some new utensil dispensers at DS recently where you just grab the utensil handle and pull it out, no touching anything else.

well, we know they are cancelling Eat with the Beat and other major crowd attractants that they can't keep people socially distant for.

I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to discourage walking around with food/drinks. I can see them having places set up for people to go once they get their food.

I suspect it will be a toned version of its past.
From what I’ve seen:
-20 booths spread across park
-Whatever WS streetmosphere acts coming back will play sporadically at American gardens theater
-the Remy F&G topiary (which honestly could just become a permanent fixture in France)
-the Remy F&W hide and squeak scavenger hunt
-F&G merch available at park open with F&W merch our later

MAYBE if we’re lucky Remy ride or Ducktales Disney Play app interactive will drop during the festival and/or the AP F&G magnets will become available

I think that Food&Wine could actually work pretty well with social distancing, and it would take some of the pressure off the TS restaurants. I hope they decide to hold it. This is the first time I’ve missed Flower&Garden (PLEASE GIVE US A WAY TO GET THE AP ORANGE BIRD MAGNET) since it started, and I don’t want to miss out on Food&Wine too.
I read on another site that Disney will be mailing the magnet to pass holders - thanks

I'm so excited that F&W will happen (even in limited form). Agree that it could work well. Look forward to eating my way around the world in August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!