Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force. A May '13 TR; Updated 02/6

Wow, wow, wow!!!! AMAZING!!!!

Your pictures of IASW were good!! That's a tough ride to photograph because of the light and movement. You just don't give yourself enough credit!!

When we have time for one more ride at MK, it's usually a fight in our family to see whose choice we pick. Our favorite "last rides" are Peoplemover, Buzz, and LaughFloor!!

Thanks Bridget! The whole taking pictures while moving thing is not helped by my general unsteady hands when it comes to taking pictures. I'm definitely going to be practicing before my solo Disney time in May!

Great update! :)

Thank you!!!

Oh My!!! Those photos were AHHH Mazing!!!!! Loved the Celebrate the Magic photos! I thought that castle show was so cool. I think I sat through it 4 times this summer-watched it from all different spots.

Favorite last ride, hmmm.? Splash is always fun if it is warm enough. Otherwise I'd say BTMRR! Seems like it goes even faster in the dark. But my favorite thing to do is people watch from the stairs to the Mainstreet Train station. ::yes:: I love to sit there and listen to the music and watch the park empty out, watch the Kiss Goodnight and enjoy the peace that comes over the Castle. (too sappy, right?!)

I loooooooove Celebrate the Magic, it might be one of my favorite additions to the parks from the past couple of years! It's a show that definitely is the epitome of Disney magic.

It's always good to ride a water ride last, because even though you're wet, you were already heading out of the park!

And I may have to steal your train station idea for one night of my next trip. It's not too sappy at all, I love it!

Have been following your other two reports, but just caught up on this one - enjoyable, as always ::yes::

(We are trying Tokyo Dining on our next trip, mostly due to your reviews)

Thank you! I'm glad you're going to try Tokyo Dining, we feel like it's a truly hidden gem at Disney. And congrats on the BWV contract!

Wow! Looking at Franklin's PICTURES of the castle show and Wishes nearly makes me cry! I am so watching the fireworks and the show from Main Street next time. Were you standing in the hub? I need to get my tripod out and pretend to be a great photographer like Franklin. :rotfl:

I think I mentioned it to you on another of your TRs, but I rode Pirates once about 10 minutes to closing. And EEEK! It was the spookiest Pirates ride ever. No one within any boats I could see ahead or behind me and no one on my boat either. Just a little wee bit scary!

We stand at the lamp post on the left side of the street, where the hub meets Main Street. It's a truly fabulous spot from which to watch the fireworks. But keep it a secret, I don't want too many people to fall in love with that spot. I don't want to lose my spot. ;)

Pirates late at night is creepy. The building is just so big, and there are so many animatronics. So if it were just me in a boat and no one else around, it might definitely feel like the start of a horror movie. :scared1:

Quick trip report break. Franklin and I wanted to share a new project we’ve just gotten underway. Many people over the past few years have asked us how they can follow us on our Disney adventures. There’s Missy and Franklin’s individual Facebook pages and Missy and Franklin’s twitter accounts. But we felt we wanted to do more, we wanted a better way to connect with our Disney friends.

So we’ve created the “World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy” page on Facebook.

DSC_6457-L.jpg

What’s the page for? Many, many things! It’s a community page where we can share trip report links with all of you. But more importantly, it’s a place where we can discuss trip planning and all things Disney with our favorite people, you! And if you guys have questions, feel free to ask them on the page. Want to know the camera settings Franklin uses for his Illuminations photos? Just ask! Can’t decide between ‘Ohana and 1900 Park Fare, throw the question out there. We’ll weigh in and so will all our fabulous Disney friends.

I hope the page becomes a place where Disney lovers want to hang out. So come on by and like the page if you enjoy what you see. Hope to see you over there, friends!

My favorite thing in all of WDW is ride vehicles/tracks. I don't quite know why, but it is my obsession so I really appreciate pics of ride vehicles. Instead of taking pics of what's around me on Living with the Land, I'll take a pic of the fact that we're in a boat and how the water looks splashing up against it. Instead of even ATTEMPTING Peter Pan pictures, I'll record the last few seconds of the ride when the vehicle hits the track below right before we unload. With that being said, I LOVEEEE the picture of the doom buggies! I've never been able to get a halfway decent shot (or "quarterway" decent compared to what Franklin does) of them because of how dark it is in there. LOVE IT!

DSC_3793-L.jpg

My favorite thing in all of WDW is ride vehicles/tracks. I don't quite know why, but it is my obsession so I really appreciate pics of ride vehicles. Instead of taking pics of what's around me on Living with the Land, I'll take a pic of the fact that we're in a boat and how the water looks splashing up against it. Instead of even ATTEMPTING Peter Pan pictures, I'll record the last few seconds of the ride when the vehicle hits the track below right before we unload. With that being said, I LOVEEEE the picture of the doom buggies! I've never been able to get a halfway decent shot (or "quarterway" decent compared to what Franklin does) of them because of how dark it is in there. LOVE IT!

I actually got lucky for this shot. Usually it's a little frantic because of the continuous loading. This time they stopped us right before we step into the doom buggies. I was able to take my time and brace against the railing to take the shot. I've never really stopped to take notice of the paintings on the other side of the doom buggies before.

And this was taken with the same lens Howard uses, the Tokina 11-16mm.

Welcome back friends! We last left off with a full day of Magic Kingdom fun! We woke up early the next morning. Sadly, it was departure day and we had to pack! And since it was our last morning, I wanted a fun breakfast. So I ran down to Contempo Cafe and grabbed myself a Mickey waffle!

DSC_3859-L.jpg

We checked our luggage with RAC and stowed the rest of our carryons with Bell Services. Then we were off to spend our last morning at Hollywood Studios. Laura had an issue with her ticket (I was a terrible TR note-taker that morning, so I can’t recall what exactly the problem was). So our first stop was at the ticket window outside DHS.

DSC_3860-L.jpg

We got there before rope drop, but the lovely CM at the ticket window took forever to fix the problem. He kept apologizing profusely and finally brought in some backup to help him fix what he’d broken while trying to fix the original problem. By the time we were done, the crowds waiting at the turnstiles were long gone.

DSC_3861-L.jpg

To make up for the extra time we’d spent at the window, they gave us an extra FP for Tower of Terror.

DSC_3862-L.jpg

We made our way into the park on a beautifully sunny morning.

DSC_3864-L.jpg

We took a right to the Pixar area.

DSC_3867-L.jpg

Time for Toy Story Mania.

DSC_3868-L.jpg

DSC_3869-L.jpg

DSC_3870-L.jpg

DSC_3871-L.jpg

DSC_3872-L.jpg

DSC_3873-L.jpg

DSC_3874-L.jpg

And in a shock to absolutely no one, Franklin kicked my butt. AGAIN.

DSC_3878-L.jpg

But, I did get to celebrate a milestone, I topped 150,000 for the first time!

DSC_3882-L.jpg

Next we were up for something a little more thrilling. A rock-infused roller coaster, perhaps?

DSC_3889-L.jpg

DSC_3891-L.jpg

DSC_3894-L.jpg

Yep, that’s Franklin making fun of me.

DSC01347-L.jpg

Franklin, Meghan and Laura went to use their Tower of Terror FP next.

DSC_3887-L.jpg

Who’s ready? These two, I think.

DSC_3896-L.jpg

DSC_3898-L.jpg

DSC_3902-L.jpg

They’re in the top right corner of the elevator.

DSC01348-L.jpg

With the headliners all under our belts, it was time for our lunch ADR.

DSC_3916-L.jpg

We started with the oh-so-delicious onion rings.

DSC_3904-L.jpg

Franklin had a milkshake.

DSC_3905-L.jpg

Franklin and I split the fried chicken and we asked for the gravy on the side.

DSC_3907-L.jpg

So Franklin had gravy with a side of mashed potatoes.

DSC_3909-L.jpg

The brought Laura a birthday cupcake and all the cousins came out of the kitchen and sang to her.

DSC_3911-L.jpg

We couldn’t decide on one dessert, so we got two! Dad’s ice cream sundae.

DSC_3913-L.jpg

And S’mores!

DSC_3914-L.jpg

After lunch we traveled to a galaxy far, far away.

DSC_3918-L.jpg

I love watching Jedi Training, the kids are so cute!

DSC_3919-L.jpg

DSC_3920-L.jpg

Who’s ready for hyperspace? These guys.

DSC_3922-L.jpg

We didn’t have a ton of time left, but there was one meet and greet I wanted to check out.

DSC_3928-L.jpg

Wreck It Ralph! The line was way too long, so we just admired from a distance. It was time to start making our way to the exit. We stopped for some last-minute sweets.

DSC_3931-L.jpg

DSC_3932-L.jpg

We enjoyed the sights as we walked to the front of the park.

DSC_3934-L.jpg

We drove back to the Contemporary, we grabbed all our stuff from Bell Services and set up shop at the big comfy chairs on the fourth floor.

DSC_3935-L.jpg

Franklin promptly fell asleep, while us girls read trashy magazines until it was time to go. And soon it was time to leave Disney, which left me looking like this.

DSC_3936-L.jpg

We had a very uneventful MCO experience and a few hours later, we were home.

DSC_3937-L.jpg

DSC_3939-L.jpg

And with that, another Disney trip was in the books. Franklin and I had so much fun sharing our love for Disney with Meghan and Laura. And we always enjoy sharing our adventures with all of you. Until next time, you know where to find us!

Awwwww, it's over! :sad:
What a full morning of adventures, though. Will be watching and waiting for your next adventures-especially since I won't be having any adventures in Disney of my own this year. :(
Following you on FB.

A great last day, and another great TR! That was really nice of the CM to give them a comp ToT FP for their trouble.

Great pics inside ToT, by the way!! One of my favorites when it comes to themeing.

We've never gone to a park the day we have to leave since we choose an early flight or we have to start driving back with my parents as early as possible. I wonder what it'd be like having to leave a park in the middle of the day. I don't know if it'd be extra sad or extra fun getting a bit more Disney to enjoy (and especially one last delicious Disney meal)! I guess it'd only work out if we had APs though.

What a great TR! I'm officially hooked on Missy and Franklin TRs!!!

Thanks for sharing again! I love 'living' through your reports. I can usually only get to WDW once a year, if that, so I like to go with you! :thumbsup2

Last days at Disney are the worst, why do they have to end!:sad1: Glad that you ended on a good note. We love 50's Prime Time! You can't go wrong with good ol' comfort food. Thanks for sharing your trip and look forward to more also on you and Franklin's new facebook page!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter