Food and Wine Festival ..2006 .....

Does the POS only take place 1 Saturday in October? We might have to rethink our plans, we were hoping to go Sun-Thurs (best use of our DVC pts.), we might have to go a day early.

The kiosks that are around the world, are they pay as you go or is there some type of ticket book/wristband that you can buy so you don't have to be constantly taking out your wallet?

We went to the big party last year and loved it. Well worth the price of the ticket. We will be there again this year...Oct 7. We are staying with our points at the BWV, which we have already booked a two bedroom, since we own there. In actuality, the F&W is one of the major reasons we bought BWV.

I believe the Party for the Senses is every Saturday during F&W.

As for the booths around Epcot, you pay as you go. But you can swipe your room card and it gets charged to your bill....but don't drink too much, or your bill might be a bit higher than you had planned :)

Not knowing the intricacies of the dining plan, I do know they would always ask if you were part of the plan because the food could count for an appetizer or something like that.

I would suggest that if you are planning to do any of the hard ticket events, that you get them as soon as you can. Some of the more popular ones sell out very quickly.

Hope that helps.

Tim

When I travel I always carry a supply of $2 bills for tips. I bring along about $100 extra during the F&W then stick about $20 in my pocket when we graze around the world at all the kiosks. I find it easier than dragging my wallet out everytime.

Cyn

Is Party for the Senses an indoor or outdoor event? Sounds like fun. How many Cirque perfomers do they have - just a couple or a few? Where is it held? We'll be there the first weekend of the F&W festival! By mistake - we didn't even plan it that way and we are accidentally staying at BWV!!

It's an indoor event (at the building between UK and Cnada.

The whole Cirque cast was not there just selected performers and a band. The entertaniment is subject to change.

I went solo last year and was fine, but if I get to go this year I am going to try to hook up with someone just so I have a way to set stuff down at the table. Hauling it all around every time got old quick!

:banana: That's the way we do it. We go with another couple, but another person would do the same. First we snag a table, then two of us "hunt" while two of us eat, then the other two "hunt" while the first two eat. We're going this year with my sister and her dh. It's their first time. I can't wait!!

paslea pooh,

If you haven't made ressies at BWV or BCV yet, I don't think you'll get them.
We own at VWL and SSR. I made ressies for two studios at SSR for DH and I and our friends shortly after 11 month window for 10/14 thr 10/20 with the intention of switching ato BWV at 7 month window. No such luck. I called at 7 month window and no availability for studios at either BWV or BCV. I've been waitlisted since 3/20 and haven't heard anything yet........

My waitlist to a BWV studio came through last week for (oops! editted to change the dates) 11/6-11/9. So don't give up. People are always changing their plans and F&W is still a long way off.

Now, do they offer special dinners and events on weekdays? We won't be able to do the weekends events due to unchangeable plans with family who live locally (they're out excuse to be there at all!), but would love to try out one or two special things, aside from just grazing (which I'm very much looking forward to!).

I believe most of the hard ticket events are on the weekends. I checked last years F & W information on the DIS website and that's what it appears anyway. The Eat to the Beat concerts at American Pavilion do take take place during the week, though. I'm looking forward to grazing around World Showcase and catching a couple of concerts. I don't think we'll make any hard ticket events either because we won't get into MCO until late afternoon on Sat. 10/14 and we're leaving late afternoon Fri. 10/20, so about the only thing we could comfortably manage would be something on Sunday.

I'm going to use my snack credits at the F&W. I'll be on the dining plan.

DonnaL said:
paslea pooh,

We own at VWL and SSR. I made ressies for two studios at SSR for DH and I and our friends shortly after 11 month window for 10/14 thr 10/20 with the intention of switching ato BWV at 7 month window. No such luck. I called at 7 month window and no availability for studios at either BWV or BCV. I've been waitlisted since 3/20 and haven't heard anything yet........

We're waitlisted too for BWV, BCV and VWL! We're looking for a studio. We've got ressies at SSR so in any case we're there! This will be our first time at the F/W Festival. Looking forward to a wonderful time!

DonnaL said:
paslea pooh,

We must have gotten lucky or maybe early Oct is not as busy. Was able to get a studio at BCV 10/1-10/3 by calling day by day. Good luck with your waitlist.

parrotheadlois said:
:banana: That's the way we do it. We go with another couple, but another person would do the same. First we snag a table, then two of us "hunt" while two of us eat, then the other two "hunt" while the first two eat. We're going this year with my sister and her dh. It's their first time. I can't wait!!

We're going, staying at BWV - we're hoping there is a party on the last Sat in Sept!!! :banana:

We went last year, you could buy the tickets "Early" but they cost more - the extra money included 2 more glasses (glass glasses, and I'm enjoying an apertif right now with my 10th anniversary wine glass!! :thumbsup2 ) and a bottle of Chardonnay - dh is saving the wine for a "special" occassion, I dont know what special occassion, but the bottle does say Disney on it!!

oh, and last year ( drat that wine, almosts forgot my point!! :rotfl: ) there were plenty of tables we went Oct 8th - and after reading on the Dis, I ran to claim a table, or a table with chairs, and it turned out Disney added more tables than in previous years... will they do the same this year? One can only hope!!

Altho I will say if it wasnt for my sprained ankle, I would've moved around a lot more!!

This is good to know, I hope DH is interested, we'll be down on Oct. 21st, so maybe we can get to a PoS!

Bobbi :goodvibes

eeyore45 said:
We're going, staying at BWV - we're hoping there is a party on the last Sat in Sept!!!

There should be a chance of it. The F&W dates for 2006 are September 29 through November 12, 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter