Food and Wine Festival ..2006 .....

paslea_pooh

DIS Veteran
Which board or thread would be the best to post about the Food and Wine Festival ?.... DH and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary soon and we are seriously considering going to the F&W festival.. (Oct 15-20th ) .. what is the appropriate board to post on.... we would be going on points and hopefully staying somewhere within walking distance to Epcot....No Kids this time, Oh Yeah !!!!, LOL... Boardwalk Villas would be ideal... Or Beach Club villas......

I have a ton of ?'s but will hold off until I find the appropriate board... OMG, we are so excited, thanks.

Another ?,,,, should we forego the DVC dining plan and wing it with the Food and Wine festival ..... it'll just be dh and I, did I say it way a Kids free holiday..., lol.... I don't know if we should pay for the dining plan and then do the food and wine festival activities....they are a bit expensive, some of them anyways.... I'm not sure if it's going to be too much food.

TIA, again

TIA
pooh: pooh:

If you're going to go to the F&W festival and want to stay at the BWV or BCV, better get ressies as soon as possible! We went for the first time last year not knowing what to expect and had a great time. It was very crowded (and humid, for us, at least), but none the less, loved it. Be sure and go to the Taste for the Senses, had to of been the highlight. In fact,my husband, an nonWDW lover, requested to go again this year! We don't do the DDE, don't know why, but don't. Sort of wing it for the dinners. Again, if you're going, better get a room now!

:banana:
debbiepump said:
If you're going to go to the F&W festival and want to stay at the BWV or BCV, better get ressies as soon as possible! We went for the first time last year not knowing what to expect and had a great time. It was very crowded (and humid, for us, at least), but none the less, loved it. Be sure and go to the Taste for the Senses, had to of been the highlight. In fact,my husband, an nonWDW lover, requested to go again this year! We don't do the DDE, don't know why, but don't. Sort of wing it for the dinners. Again, if you're going, better get a room now!

Thank You, I have an ap, so I have the DDE, which will expire about a month after F&W, so I will look into Taste for the Senses, Thank you so much!!!

Party for the Senses is not to be missed in my opinion -especially if you're a Food/Wine junkie. I'm not all that adventurous but found alot of things I liked but wouldn't normally try. The selection of wines is amazing ...beers were fine as well. We had a DDE during the week and used it every where, I don't think I would even consider the Dining Plan since there is such a great selection at the kiosks -we did lunch 2-days and dinner 2-days ... and had a blast. We didn't find it particularly pricey, especially compared to lunch at a counter service -in fact, it was less or almost the same when we looked at the numbers and we got to try several different things along with beer and wine. We found it quite amusing to see all this different food from all over the world, yet the longest line was at McDonalds -- sad, I know. Have a great time!

I agree that Party for the Senses is not to be missed. DH and I had our first F&W festival experience last year and loved it. Party for the Senses was the icing on the cake for us!

magicmommy said:
I agree that Party for the Senses is not to be missed. DH and I had our first F&W festival experience last year and loved it. Party for the Senses was the icing on the cake for us!

Is this a seperate thing from walking around and trying foods and drinks? Do you need a ticket for this, and when did you get your tickets or did you just go to Epcot that day and wing it?

tia

Is this a seperate thing from walking around and trying foods and drinks? Do you need a ticket for this, and when did you get your tickets or did you just go to Epcot that day and wing it?

Yes, it's (or last year was) $95, expensive, but well worth it in our opinion. We just ate a late big breakfast and pigged out at the Taste. Wish we would of brought a pen and paper to write down the good wines for future purchase though. Entertainment by Cirque was great. You get your own wine (nonbreakable) glass and little plate for the food. There were tables all over, seemed like folks were fighting over the sit down tables, we were at one of the stand up tables and folks would stop by and share our spot and we had some wonderful conversations. The staff were the best we've ever seen as far as picking up leftover plates on the tables, etc. Hubby would stay at the table and I'd go find what I want and then he'd go and do the same. Part of the ticket is the concert series first, which we didn't do. The dress was from super fancy to street tramp jeans and tops. This year, hubby will wear nice docker type shorts and decent shirt , I'll again wear nice capris and nicer top than I'd wear in the parks during the day. When you make ressies WDW tries to tell you it's dress up, but no one is really doing that. After the 'party' is over, fill up your wine glass one last time and there are folks there to pour it in a plastic drinking cup and give you a plastic bag for your wine glass, then you walk out and watch the fireworks. Fun, fun, fun.
Oh, last year, the tickets went on sale on July 25.

Ok, I totally don't remember from last year but where and when can we find out what events are going on and how much they cost??

POS is a hard ticket event on Sat. nights. It's 99.00 (little over 100 after tax). In previous years there was a DDE discount but not last year. You get PS at the early Eat to the Beat concert and then the actual "dinner" is held in the old Millenium village (between England & Canada).

They will probably start to announce the different dinners in May or June. Tickets go on sale in July or Aug. Most dinners sell out quicky so it's not something you can walk up to.

Can't wait!

Cyn

GAN said:
We had a DDE during the week and used it every where, I don't think I would even consider the Dining Plan since there is such a great selection at the kiosks

Did they take your DDE card at the kiosks?

I wonder if it is considered a signature meal (or whatever they call it) where you exchange two table service meals on the dining plan? Just like for one of the dinner shows. We are planning a trip for novemeber for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary and that would be a great idea my father would love it.

snowbunny said:
Did they take your DDE card at the kiosks?

No, there is no DDE discount. They will take meal plan snack vouchers.

I don't think you can use your meal credits on the dining plan for any of the special event meals.

And that wine glass I got at Party for the Senses is breakable! It's very nice, but mine is glass!

And that wine glass I got at Party for the Senses is breakable! It's very nice, but mine is glass!
You sure????? Ours is that cool plexiglass or whatever it is. Even the gals who exchanged our wine glass for the plastic cup was telling us about it. Hmmmmm.

Debbie - didn't you get a program which listed what was at each table? It was great to look at before they opened the doors so we could plan our attack and then talk about our favorites later.

And, our wine glasses were glass too.

Cyn

magicmommy said:

another vote for Party for the Senses :thumbsup2

I might be going back to food and wine this year -- one of my favorite events

paslea_pooh said:

tia

yes this is a separate ticket which sells out very quickly -- I do not recall the price though -- if I am thinking on the right brain length tonite -- July is when they go on sale

this link from last year:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw05/fw05_ps.htm

debbiepump said:
You sure????? Ours is that cool plexiglass or whatever it is. Even the gals who exchanged our wine glass for the plastic cup was telling us about it. Hmmmmm.

I am sure. I am drinking out of it now and it's glass. It makes a nice ringing noise when I hit it against something. What i really like is that it has the 10th Anniversary Logo on it!

We did POS last year and loved it. Maybe had a little too much wine since this Oct we'll have our 3 month old at WDW ;) We won't do the party this year but really looking forward to all the F&W booths.

For those of you who have been to Party of the Senses - is it all couples? Would my 24 yo DD and I feel out of place?

You'll be just fine. Last year we met the wife of one of the chefs who as there by herself! We met her just before we went in and invited her to join us. Then we met a couple from Miami who were there because of the hurricane. Now there were 15 friends and family before we met up with these people so it's an easy place to strike up a conversation (and make new friends).

Cyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!