Flying with plastic sword

at227

Mouseketeer
I have seen this asked in an old 2005 thread but was just wondering if anyone has flown recently (jfk) with a plastic sword in checked luggage for pirate night? Any issues with it?

We have flown from Canada (so with customs as well) for two cruises and packed plastic swords in our checked luggage for pirate night with no issue. Not sure if that helps.

We've flown home from all 6 of our cruises with a plastic sword in our checked luggage because my daughter does the pirate makeover every cruise. We haven't ever had an issue. We even had it in our checked luggage when we flew home from Italy after our Med. cruise last summer.

DH made a sword out of a plastic tube just using the top from a child’s sword and last month our suitcase was opened for search both legs. I use packing cubes so nothing was disturbed. The tube was in a sword holder.. we have been using this homemade tube for 3 years. Sometimes it is checked sometimes not.

I may be wrong, but I did not think plastic swords were allowed. My Husband has a full Jack Sparrow costume and we have never included the sword with the costume. I may be wrong, we have been on 13 cruises and I know we were told this at some point. I would check.

I may be wrong, but I did not think plastic swords were allowed. My Husband has a full Jack Sparrow costume and we have never included the sword with the costume. I may be wrong, we have been on 13 cruises and I know we were told this at some point. I would check.

Last April, DD6 bought the kid’s pirates pack from WDW with the stuffed parrot, eye patch, plastic sword, etc., the day before our cruise. Got to port and they confiscated the sword from our luggage...only to see the exact (EXACT!) same thing for sale in the ship’s store...and kids running around with the same sword...she cried on pirate night...

My son got a plastic sword at Cinderella's Royal Table several years ago, and we had no problem flying it home.

We bought my son a plastic sword on the Magic last year during our Med cruise. It was too big to fit in the suitcase. I told him that there was a good chance it would be confiscated at the airport. When we got to the Barcelona airport, they didn't bat an eyelash at it. He still has it. :)

We were just on the Dream in March and brought a plastic scimitar-style sword (that I think we bought a couple of years ago in the MK Pirate's gift shop) with no issues.

We had it in our checked luggage and flew into and out of Orlando and boarded the ship with no issues. I never even thought twice about it until I saw this thread.

After 9 DCL cruises, 8 with a pirate costume, parrot (mostly stuffed) and a plastic sword (about 2 feet long) on almost every cruise DCL offers to Europe, the Caribbean, Alaska and points in between, I have never had any troubles with the sword in my checked suitcase. As long as it is in your checked bag you should be OK. Cruise on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter