• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flowers, 5Ks, and Fiancées-A May 2011 TR *Updated 4/30 The Last Update*

Sorry about your trip plans falling through! I hope you get to go again soon! :thumbsup2

I love the Great Movie Ride, it's a little tame compared to some of the attractions at DHS, but it's fun! :thumbsup2

Yum, your meal at Sci Fi looks good! We ate there last year and weren't all that impressed, but I'd go back just for the atmosphere and the milkshakes! :banana:

:woohoo: on buying everything for the wedding!! When is the big day?

Yay on having a new trip in the works :banana:

I’m glad you guys got to have milkshakes on the DDP. The drinks look yummy!

Lol at the interaction with the CM! It’s things like that which make meals fun :goodvibes

The big day is September 3rd. A little over a month away!
I was really happy we were able to have the milkshakes, as well. They are delicious!

Sounds like you are really doing great with the wedding planning, i can imagine that must be a lot to do!!

YAY for the Spring trip for another EE challenge, that sounds like a lot of fun :goodvibes and who doesn't love planning for another trip so soon after getting back from one :thumbsup2

I do love Sci Fi ...haven't been there in years, but it looks like you guys had a great time and had a good waiter :goodvibes thats awesome you were able to get milkshakes as your drinks, but I can imagine how stuffed you would feel after :rotfl:

I think I'm more happy about the fact that I'll be planning a trip with my mother and possibly younger brother. DF is great, and he'll always be my favorite WDW companion, but I'll enjoy going with someone else for a change. :rotfl:

Sorry about your trip plans falling through! I hope you get to go again soon! :thumbsup2

I love the Great Movie Ride, it's a little tame compared to some of the attractions at DHS, but it's fun! :thumbsup2

Yum, your meal at Sci Fi looks good! We ate there last year and weren't all that impressed, but I'd go back just for the atmosphere and the milkshakes! :banana:

The Great Movie Ride is a lot of fun, and I kind of like that it's low-key. After going on RnRC several times, I needed something a little more smoother. :laughing:
DF is a really picky eater, so whenever we find a restaurant at WDW that he likes, we're kind of stuck with having to go there again. :confused3 I wouldn't call the food there top-notch, but so long as I get the milkshakes, I'm good. :rotfl:

A quick update for you all today.
It has been raining here for two straight weeks, which is driving me crazy! I had hoped that once I'd finished all my wedding stuff, I'd be able to go to the beach or swim in my pool every morning, but now I'm stuck inside all day. :rotfl:
At least it gives me plenty of time to update my TR...

May 8th Afternoon:

DF and I left Hollywood Studios happy, our bellies full.

As we were passing the entrance/exit area of the park, we encountered several CMs standing around, holding carnations in their hands. Earlier in the day, we saw a bunch of females carrying them around, so DF and I assumed the park was handing them out for Mother's Day. I thought that was really sweet of WDW.

Walking past two female CMs, I suddenly heard, "Hey!"

DF and I turned around, a little confused.

Who was saying hey to us?

One of the two CMs was looking at us, a gigantic grin on her face.

I raised my eyebrows at her and gave a tentative grin, the worldwide symbol of, "I have no idea what's about to happen, and I'm not altogether sure I want to know."

The CM continued to smile while she shoved three carnations in DF's hands.

"Look, you're engaged, she deserves flowers!"

Huh.

Didn't see that one coming.

DF and I thanked her and waved goodbye to both CMs as we passed through the exit.

As we boarded the tram to return to our car, I talked to DF about what had just happened.
Dsc04548.jpg

"That was so sweet of her!"

"Mmm-hmm."

"I mean, she could've given us one flower, but she gave us three."

"Mmm-hmm."

"Whoa, Alex, you don't think people will think I'm a mother now, though," I said, a little worried.

"Of course not, we don't have any children with us."

"Yeah, but what if we're walking to our car next to a family who has a really young kid. People might assume it's mine."

"I think you've been out in the sun too long, Alicia."

"I'm just saying...maybe it's a sign."

"I think you're crazy."

DF was probably right. Still, I felt like I needed to hide the carnations as we walked down the lane to get to our car.
But as soon as we were in the safety of our vehicle area, I got a better look at our little touch of pixie dust.
Dsc04557.jpg

The flowers were really pretty and smelled wonderful. And, even though they were meant to celebrate our engagement, they reminded me of my mother, due to the fact that they were her favorite kind of flower.

Ultimately, it was a very sentimental gesture on the CM's behalf. It was certainly the best congrats we received from our buttons, and it also made me think of my family and how much I wish they were there. For some reason, on this trip, I thought about relatives a lot.

I think I was feeling a little homesick.

Not to mention I was feeling a lot of guilt for going on another trip 5 months after our previous trip. :rolleyes1

DF drove us back to All Star Sports while I oohed and aahed over my flowers.

When we got back into our room, I filled one of the plastic drinking cups with water and set the flowers on the bathroom sink.

They added some personality to the room and made it feel more homey.

The two of us immediately threw on our bathing suits, lathered on about a pound of sunscreen, (in 3 days we used half a bottle of SPF!) and gathered our pool bag.
We decided to go to the pool right by our room, the one shaped like a baseball diamond.
Dscn3311.jpg

No point in going farther than we needed to, plus that one was practically empty.

I jumped in, swam for a little while, then went to sit on a pool chair.

It was Mother's Day that day, and even though I'd given my mother a special day earlier that week, I wanted to call her and say a quick hello. She had told me not to worry about it, and the only thing she wanted was for me to have a Dole Whip float at some point for her.

Still, I felt it was in my daughterly duties to ring her up.
Dscn3312.jpg

When I called her, though, ready to be the doting daughter, she cut me off pretty fast.

"Hey sweetie, I saw your pictures of the race. You two did great. Now, listen, I don't want to keep you, so I'll talk to you later."

"Well, actually, Mom, I'm at the pool right now, so I have plenty of free time."

"That's great, okay, bye."

"What, you don't want to talk to me?"

"Well, actually, it's just...I'm at the beach right now, and I was able to convince your father and brother to let me go alone, so I finally have some peace and quiet for the first time in months, and I really just want to listen to my music and chill."

Hmpf.

Not one to go against my mother's wishes, I hung up the phone. Who would've guessed that on Mother's Day, all my mother wanted was to be left alone and have some time to herself?:confused3

Shoving my phone back in my bag, I swam for a little while longer with DF, then read my book for about twenty minutes. DF and I couldn't stay in the pool too long, because the water was heavily chlorinated and it was causing our skin to burn.
Dscn3316.jpg

And, for some odd reason, DF's eyes were on fire;he couldn't stop rubbing them, making them worse. So, as enjoyable as the pool was, DF and I had had our fill after an hour (about 2:30). We trudged back up to our room, washed all the chlorine out of our hair, and settled in for a quick nap.

I had discovered on our December trip that naps are a wonderful thing when at WDW, and I had planned to take one every day, if only to escape the heat for a few hours.

I set my alarm to go off at four o'clock and fell right asleep.

I was sort of in the mindset of a child. I knew the quicker I fell asleep, the sooner I'd be able to wake up.

And boy was I excited to wake up.

I had planned for DF and I to visit the Beach Club and eat at Beaches and Cream.

If giant ice cream sundaes aren't motivation enough to go to sleep, I don't know what is.:rotfl:

Up next:Why are my Pants Wet?!

Last edited:
How sweet that they gave you those flowers, they were beautiful too :goodvibes I love when something like that happens at Disney, really makes for a special day!!

All the mothers I work with said the same thing before Mothers Day, that they just wanted a day to do nothing, alone :rotfl:

Aaw that is sweet that the CM recognised that you guys were engaged and wanted to make sure you got some flowers! :thumbsup2

Lol at thinking people would think you have kids and were given them as a mother instead! :rotfl: Am glad no one said that.

I'm glad your mum got to spend some alone time on Mother's Day.

I can't wait to hear what you thought of B&C! :goodvibes

I've spent most of my work day sitting here, catching up on your TR. It has been a welcome distraction on a VERY slow work day. :laughing:

September 3rd is a great day to get married...it's my birthday!! Plus you will usually always have a long weekend around your anniversary, that is a great bonus.

I love love love to pin trade! You know how to save money on pin trading? Go to ebay and buy pin lots! You can usually buy Disney pins for about $0.99cents a piece in lots, I usually buy lots of about 20 pins at a time and then you have a cheap way to pin trade. This really saves on pin money for me, and then I just buy the really special pins that I can't trade while at Disney. I have a few sellers that I buy from so if you want their ebay names, just let me know! :thumbsup2 I have NEVER had a bad experience buying pins on ebay.

I really want to do a 5k at Disney. This Everest one sounds like a good one to do with my husband. I don't know how I feel about the obstacles though. :laughing:

That was so nice of the CM to give you flowers! This is why I love Disney if you're celebrating, they go out of their way to make you feel special! :cool1:

I absolutely have to take a nap in the middle of the day at Disney! I don't know how people go all day with no break!! :scared1:

It's nice that they gave you engagement flowers on Mother's Day. I'm not really too into Mother's Day, but I thought Disney giving out flowers everywhere was kind of fun.

Too bad your trip fell through, but at least you have a plan for the Expedition Everest race next year. We're toying around with entering the Halloween 5K this year. I think it would be fun, but it's hard to commit to it.

I don't think my boys have gotten the message yet that the sooner they fall asleep, the sooner they can get up. I'm sure if they understood that, there would be a lot less jumping on the bed during nap time.:laughing:

How sweet that they gave you those flowers, they were beautiful too :goodvibes I love when something like that happens at Disney, really makes for a special day!!

All the mothers I work with said the same thing before Mothers Day, that they just wanted a day to do nothing, alone :rotfl:

It does make for a special day. Not to mention whenever I think about our engagement, I think about how nice it was. I'm so happy DF and I were able to celebrate it at WDW, and it makes me (a little) sad not be going there for a Disneymoon. :confused3

Aaw that is sweet that the CM recognised that you guys were engaged and wanted to make sure you got some flowers! :thumbsup2

Lol at thinking people would think you have kids and were given them as a mother instead! :rotfl: Am glad no one said that.

I'm glad your mum got to spend some alone time on Mother's Day.

I can't wait to hear what you thought of B&C! :goodvibes

The only reason I was worried is because I still look 16 years old, and whenever I'm out in public with a toddler, people give me dirty looks, because they think I was young when I had a kid. So, I just didn't want that to happen at WDW. :rotfl:

I've spent most of my work day sitting here, catching up on your TR. It has been a welcome distraction on a VERY slow work day. :laughing:

September 3rd is a great day to get married...it's my birthday!! Plus you will usually always have a long weekend around your anniversary, that is a great bonus.

I love love love to pin trade! You know how to save money on pin trading? Go to ebay and buy pin lots! You can usually buy Disney pins for about $0.99cents a piece in lots, I usually buy lots of about 20 pins at a time and then you have a cheap way to pin trade. This really saves on pin money for me, and then I just buy the really special pins that I can't trade while at Disney. I have a few sellers that I buy from so if you want their ebay names, just let me know! :thumbsup2 I have NEVER had a bad experience buying pins on ebay.

I really want to do a 5k at Disney. This Everest one sounds like a good one to do with my husband. I don't know how I feel about the obstacles though. :laughing:

Thanks for reading! Glad I could entertain your workday. :laughing:
That's awesome that your birthday's September 3rd! DF's is September 6th...lots of September birthdays!

I will have to talk to DF about the pin lots. He enjoys picking pins out and searching for the "perfect" pin at WDW, but he might be interested in saving some money.

You should definitely do a 5K at Disney! It's a wonderful experience! All the CMs are so supportive and running through the parks makes it so much fun. You barely think about the fact that you're running 3 miles. And to be honest, the obstacles were nothing to be afraid of. It was more like the coordinators wanted to dress the race up, so they randomly through in a few tires and haybales.
I promise...nothing to worry about.
So, you and your husband should do it! :rotfl:

That was so nice of the CM to give you flowers! This is why I love Disney if you're celebrating, they go out of their way to make you feel special! :cool1:

I absolutely have to take a nap in the middle of the day at Disney! I don't know how people go all day with no break!! :scared1:

They really do! I joked with DF during our visit that I wouldn't know what to do when we returned home and people didn't say "Congratulations" every time we walked through a door or ate dinner out. :lmao: In fact, I took my button off a few times, just because I wasn't up to hearing Congrats and saying "Thank you" in return. That sounds horrible when I think about it, but it really was the case. :confused3

It's nice that they gave you engagement flowers on Mother's Day. I'm not really too into Mother's Day, but I thought Disney giving out flowers everywhere was kind of fun.

Too bad your trip fell through, but at least you have a plan for the Expedition Everest race next year. We're toying around with entering the Halloween 5K this year. I think it would be fun, but it's hard to commit to it.

I don't think my boys have gotten the message yet that the sooner they fall asleep, the sooner they can get up. I'm sure if they understood that, there would be a lot less jumping on the bed during nap time.:laughing:

I thought it was a nice, small gesture, nothing grandoise or obnoxious. Just something simple to make the mothers smile.
I'm looking forward to doing the race again. I just hope it's around the same date as this year's, because I found that to be the perfect time to visit.

I looked at the Halloween 5K and saw that it follows pretty much the same path as the EE5K, so my vote, of course, is to do it, if only to see the park at night. For some reason, AK really is like a whole different theme park when it's closed to the public and its set up for a race.

Hopefully, your boys will learn the trick soon. Although, jumping on the bed can be fun...:laughing:

I will have to talk to DF about the pin lots. He enjoys picking pins out and searching for the "perfect" pin at WDW, but he might be interested in saving some money.
I love being able to trade with cast members and having the ebay pin lots make it much more affordable for me to enjoy the pin trading habit.

August is going by so fast! I hope everyone is staying cool this week; I know it is hot here!

Late Afternoon of May 8th:

My phone alarm woke DF and me up promptly at 4 o'clock. I didn't get a great nap, but it was enough to keep me going through DHS's EMH that night.

As we were heading towards our car, we spotted a rabbit relaxing in the grass.
f1 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

Naturally, I did what any twelve year old would do. I crept up very slowly to the bunny and reached my hand out as far as I could, knowing I had absolutely no chance of touching the animal, but secretly hoping that maybe this time would be different, maybe since it was a WDW bunny, it would let me.:lmao:

Of course my normal assumption was correct and the rabbit went scurrying off into a cluster of bushes the minute my toes stepped off the sidewalk.

Meh...it was worth a try.

DF and I loaded into the car and headed towards the Beach Club resort.
This was new territory for us, so we had to keep a good eye out for our turns. I knew it was near Epcot, so I sent DF in that direction while I double-checked our TSM FP times.
Dsc04566.jpg

It was only 4:30, and I knew dinner wasn't going to take too long, so I figured DF and I would arrive back at the park just in time for the 7:05 time.

DF found the resort easily and we found a parking spot relatively close to the front entrance.

Neither of us had ever been to the resort before, so we were taken aback by how pretty it was.

"It reminds me of my room!"

DF looked at me strangely (which was nothing new by this point).

We were out of our car and headed towards a sidewalk that would lead us to the lobby.

"Look at that building! It's the exact same color as my room!"

"So do you feel at home here?"

I took a longer look at the building to our left. "
Yep, I could definitely call this place home."

We proceeded up the walk, DF walking a little ahead of me while I became camera happy and took some pictures of the front of the resort.

Dsc04570.jpg
(The building that matches my room.)

Dsc04573.jpg
(DF in the way of my picture.)

We even saw a rainbow in the water.

Dsc04574.jpg

We made it to the entrance, and I forced DF to wait a few minutes while I took some more pictures. The resort was just so gorgeous, very elegant and quiet. It certainly didn't have the loud, hussle and bussle feel of All Star Sports.

Dsc04581.jpg

Eventually, DF dragged me inside and we looked around the lobby for a bit. However, it was really crowded due to a lot of people checking in and the long line at Cape May, so we took the walkway to our left and got away from the craziness.

We followed signs for Beaches and Cream, telling us to follow the hallway out to the pool area. Along the way we spotted this really cool piece of sand artwork hanging on the wall.

Dsc04583.jpg

Being a huge beach lover and FL native, I thought it was really cool.

"You know, this would look perfect in my room."

"Really?"

"Yeah, think about all my other beach paintings and my shells. We should look for one."

"Do you want Mickey Mouse in yours?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

I would have kept persuading DF to search for one of our own, but his eyes spotted a certain sign.

f2 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr

"What's that?"

"A table service restaurant," I said casually, grabbing DF's arm and trying to ease him away from the place, before I dug myself too deep of a hole to get out of.

"What kind of restaurant is it?"

I faked looking confused. "I don't know."

DF scrunched his eyebrows together. "Please, you don't expect me to believe that, do you? You know what every restaurant is."

I gave up, seeing that resistance was futile, and told DF how the place catered to seafood.

DF's eyes lit up, just like a little kid's.

"WDW does seafood?"

I wanted to groan.

You see, DF and I couldn't be more polar opposites on this one preference.

DF
loves seafood. His absolute favorite meal in the entire world is lobster.

His father used to own a seafood restaurant growing up.

The boy could eat his weight in crab legs.

I, on the other hand, hate seafood.

I've tried it over and over again and I
abhor it.
My dislike for it is so great, that I can walk into a grocery store and within five feet know if there are lobsters for sale.

Bleck.:sick:

(Already I could smell the fish from Cape May and was wishing I could get outside.)

I eat anything and everything else, and I am always the one willing to try new dishes at restaurants, but seafood is the one thing I cannot stomach.
It has caused a few problems over the years, especially since whenever DF's family is around they want to cook DF his favorite meal, and I have to be polite and find a way to get out of it.

But I had hoped that I could keep a huge seafood buffet like Cape May in the dark from DF.
I had secretly wished that WDW would be a place that I wouldn't have to worry about getting DF the food he wants while I silently suffer.

I did feel a little guilty when DF heard what I said and began looking inside the restaurant in wonder.

It was a low blow on my part.

But I really hate fish...

Naturally, DF begged me to promise him that we could try it the next time we visited. And I couldn't very well tell him no.
However...I didn't just give it to him, either.

"Only on one condition."

"What?"

"We go to a Crystal Palace breakfast next time."

"Deal."

I knew this was a place DF really wanted to try, because CP was his absolute no-go before this trip. He thinks the idea of two adults eating with characters is silly, so I had to cancel my most hoped-for ADR.

Of course, now, the whole deal is a moot point, anyways. Since we've planned a trip next Spring with my mother and younger brother, DF will be able to go there with my brother, who is also a huge seafood lover while my mother and I will go eat somewhere less scaly.

At the time, though, DF and I felt good about our compromise and re-focused our attention on that evening's dinner.

We'd had a huge lunch not five hours beforehand, so Beaches and Cream was intended to be a small snack to tide us over the rest of the night.
And in truth, the entrees weren't our first priority. We both wanted one of their sundaes.:love:

DF and I walked outside and got a glimpse of the pool.

Dsc04585.jpg

It looked very detailed.

DF gave our names to a CM, who handed us a buzzer and suggested we go to the arcade.
Dsc04589.jpg

DF wasted no time getting our voucher that we received in Mickey Mail and buying more points.

Dsc04590.jpg

I've never been a huge arcade person, but I figured it'd be a good way to kill some time, so I played a few games.
There was one that I whooped DF in, which was a total shocker to both of us. I have no idea what the name of it is, but it looks like this:
f3 by Alicia Wolchick, on Flickr
Image12-5.jpg

I kept throwing my ball in the 50 or 100 point holes, whereas DF only managed the 25's.

Shortly after my victory (not five minutes after we were given the buzzer) we were told our table was ready.

Time to eat!

Dsc04597.jpg

Up Next: Your Eyes Were Bigger Than Your Stomach.

Last edited:
But seafood is so good! I'm always baffled when someone says they don't like seafood. :confused3 Cape May does have a fair amount of non-seafood choices, in case you do ever end up going there.

Can't wait to hear how Beaches and Cream is. I have feeling it's not going to be a light meal, exactly.:rotfl:

Hi, Alicia!:flower3:
Just wanted to say I love this trip report so far. I followed along with your December trip report as well but I was too shy to comment.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm along for this trip!:yay:

I think you would actually like the non seafood portions of the Cape May buffet, there are a lot of good options and trust me I'm not a huge seafood fan myself. I mainly like seafood only if its fried :rotfl:

I LOVE the feel of the Beach Club resort...it is so quiet and beautiful...much different than the value resorts that I usually end up at too!

I love the pics of Beach Club - it looks like such a great resort! :thumbsup2

Oh no on DF finding Cape May Cafe and asking all about it. I'm glad you managed to reach a compromise even though it doesn't matter now!

No seafood? Not any? Oh my goodness! :faint: I love love love seafood. I could eat lobster everyday. :rotfl2:

Beach Club is such a nice resort, I have only visted but it seems like a very relaxing place to stay.

Did you need reservations at B&C? I havent been there in 6 years. Before you didnt but with all of this free dining I wasnt sure and Im wanting to take my daughter for a Kitchen Sink on our trip.

But seafood is so good! I'm always baffled when someone says they don't like seafood. :confused3 Cape May does have a fair amount of non-seafood choices, in case you do ever end up going there.

Can't wait to hear how Beaches and Cream is. I have feeling it's not going to be a light meal, exactly.:rotfl:

Most people are surprised when they hear I don't like seafood. I think it's a trend in my family, because none of my aunts or my mother like it, but all my brothers and father love it. :confused3
Beaches and Cream was certainly not a light meal. :rotfl:

Hi, Alicia!:flower3:
Just wanted to say I love this trip report so far. I followed along with your December trip report as well but I was too shy to comment.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm along for this trip!:yay:

:welcome: Thanks for reading! I appreciate it. I apologize for this TR not having very frequent updates; I didn't know my summer would be this busy!

I think you would actually like the non seafood portions of the Cape May buffet, there are a lot of good options and trust me I'm not a huge seafood fan myself. I mainly like seafood only if its fried :rotfl:

I LOVE the feel of the Beach Club resort...it is so quiet and beautiful...much different than the value resorts that I usually end up at too!

Beach Club was definitely different than the values. It was hard to believe they both belonged to the same company.
I'm sure at some point I'm going to have to go to Cape May, so I will be trying the non-seafood portions.

I love the pics of Beach Club - it looks like such a great resort! :thumbsup2

Oh no on DF finding Cape May Cafe and asking all about it. I'm glad you managed to reach a compromise even though it doesn't matter now!

Beach Club looks beautiful! And everyone there was so friendly. Other guests leaving to go to the park or coming back would wave hello to us and tell us congratulations. It was really nice.

No seafood? Not any? Oh my goodness! :faint: I love love love seafood. I could eat lobster everyday. :rotfl2:

Beach Club is such a nice resort, I have only visted but it seems like a very relaxing place to stay.

It drives DF's entire family nuts that I don't like seafood. They don't get it, either. :laughing:
I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to stay at Beach Club, but it was a great resort to spend the evening at.

Did you need reservations at B&C? I havent been there in 6 years. Before you didnt but with all of this free dining I wasnt sure and Im wanting to take my daughter for a Kitchen Sink on our trip.

You do not need a reservation for Beaches and Cream, but it does count as a table service credit. However, if I'm not mistaken, the Kitchen Sink is not covered under the Dining Plan. All the other desserts are, though. Just something you might want to check up on before you go. (I saw the Kitchen Sink, and it is HUGE. It covers almost half the table!)

OMG those Sci-Fi milkshakes look SO good- it almost makes me want to make an ADR exclusively so I can order one. And I must say, I'm extremely impressed w/ your ability to have a milkshake for lunch and then go to B&C for dinner! :worship: B&C was one of my favorite meals last trip, but my parents weren't too enthused (partly b/c it took so long to get over there using Disney transportation). Hopefully the DBF is more accepting! I could definitely use a "No Way Jose" right about now!

OMG those Sci-Fi milkshakes look SO good- it almost makes me want to make an ADR exclusively so I can order one. And I must say, I'm extremely impressed w/ your ability to have a milkshake for lunch and then go to B&C for dinner! :worship: B&C was one of my favorite meals last trip, but my parents weren't too enthused (partly b/c it took so long to get over there using Disney transportation). Hopefully the DBF is more accepting! I could definitely use a "No Way Jose" right about now!

As it turns out, going to Sci Fi and Beaches & Cream was a very dumb decision on my part. Normally, I'm really good at laying out our meals at WDW, but I slipped up this time. We ended up wasting most of our food at B&C because we were still so full from lunch. :confused3

Off-topic Update:

I feel like I owe you guys an apology. I hate letting so much time go by between updates, but I'm just so incredibly busy these days that I barely have time to turn my computer on. In hindsight, I should probably have postponed the TR until after Alex and I got married, but I had already begun it before we had set the date. Plus, I wanted to write about the race while it was still fresh on my mind.
Alex and I are getting married in 21 days, so I can't say that my updates will become more frequent, but I promise I'll do my best to update 2-3 times a week after Labor Day. In fact, I'm looking forward to when all this craziness settles down and I can chill out enough to spend lots of time on the DISboards. :rotfl:

In other news...

Alex is really into the Disney Movie Rewards, and a few weeks back, he asked if I wanted a free Toy Story Vinylmation. Seeings as I love pins, but hate trading them, I figured it might be better for me to try my hand at Vinylmations.
About two weeks ago, mine arrived in the mail, but DF hid it from me. He made me search his entire apartment to find out where he placed it. (This will make sense in a few paragraphs.)

When I finally found it (hidden on top of the fridge, inside one of his motorcycle helmets) I immediately wanted to open it.

Dscn3407.jpg
(Of course, Buster wanted to help as well.)

I ended up getting Wheezy, which was a good thing and a bad thing.
See, I was hoping to get a Vinylmation that I hated, that way I could trade it. I told everyone that the only two I wouldn't trade if I happened to get them were Wheezy and Rex.
Alas, now I have nothing to trade...

Buster really loved Wheezy.

Dscn3413.jpg

All week DF and I kept spotting him climbing onto the shelf to lick Wheezy. :rotfl:

When I brought my Vinylmation home, my mother fell in love with it. She now plans on starting her own collection when she goes to WDW. My brother, on the other hand, simply said, "He looks kinda creepy. Like that psycho toy that just pops up when you least expect it."

And with that, an idea was born.

In my household, we now have a game going on.

Where's Wheezy?

The rules are: someone has to hide Wheezy in an obvious place around the house, and whoever stumbles across him has to hide them. We're supposed to focus on a specific person.

When I first hid Wheezy, I just intended to get a laugh, but my mother completely played into it and created the whole re-hiding aspect.

I first placed him the laundry room when I knew my mother was washing clothes:

Dscn3416.jpg

She then found him and moved him into the fridge, for my (very confused) dad to uncover. (I have to admit, he was the most puzzled. He pulled it out and went What in the world is this?!?!?!):rotfl:

Dscn3418.jpg

Wheezy then got moved to the pen jar, which is what I use on a regular basis:

Dscn3419.jpg

I never imagined Wheezy would get this much attention when DF ordered him, but now it's a fun little game my family enjoys playing. It addes a little humor to my home, especially now that my parents are starting to become sad that I'm about to leave home forever.
Not to mention, it constantly puts Disney on their mind. :laughing:

And the last piece of news I bring you...
I read on-line that the next Expedition Everest Challenge might be May 5th, which is a double-edged sword for me.

I really loved going to WDW during that time. There were virtually no crowds, it wasn't too hot, and the F&G Festival was occuring.

Another plus is that Mother's Day isn't until May 13th, which would give DF and I a chance to spend it with his mother. Last year, his dad gave him a hard time about being so close to them and not seeing his mother on that day.

However, the downside is that my younger brother would still be in school. The plan was for him and my mother to join us, and it was even suggested he miss a few days of school. Unfortunately, I looked up AP testing dates, and Isaac will have a test that Thursday. Not enough time to enjoy WDW and get back to class.

So, I will have to do some thinking, but I'm sure I'll come up with some solution.

I promise, an update will happen next week!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter