Florida Mall

princess jackson

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have an idea how much it would cost in a taxi from ASM to Florida Mall.

Is there shops there like Premium Outlet. This is where we normally shop, and i love Ralph Lauren, Timberland and the nike stores with the added fav of the fudge shop.

Are the prices the same as the outlet or is it more expensive.

We have never been to any Mall's.

How long will it take to get around all the shops.

The fare from Epcot to Florida Mall is about $34 each way plus tip.

There are fewer 'designer' outlet type shops at the Florida Mall, but with the huge department stores there is more general choice.

It's also possible that someone like Mears Transport might do a Shuttle service from WDW out to the Malls and back :)

I've never used them for this service personally but I think I read something on here before where somebody has.

If there aren't many people in your party then it might save you a bit of money on the fare cost.

Their website is http://www.mearstransportation.com/index.htm it's probably worth enquiring and finding out :teeth:

Most of the Ralph Lauren you will find will be in the department stores within the malls.

Florida Mall has Dillards, Burdines, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord and Taylor and others

Mall At Millenia has Macy's and Blomingdales.

Festival Bay is newer and a lot of the plots are still not open.

There is a discount RL at Premium Outlets, which is more like a large number of outlet shops than an actual indoor mall, there is a Timberland store there too.
You will find prices vary, the outlet stores will be much cheaper, however, they tend to stock items that have not sold originally at the bigger stores, as a consequence it can be a bit hit and miss there.

There is an abundance of shopping to suit all tastes and most of the malls also have very good food courts, I am sure you will enjoy FM and M&M.

Sportswear is very popular and bargains can be had across all labels such as Nike, Adidas etc

We tend to visit the 2 main malls on a few occasions as a change from the theme parks etc

I would say overall the Florida Mall is our favourite.

I am planning on visting Florida Mall as well while I am at WDW, and will need to go by taxi since I don't have a car. Does anyone know how much it will cost from WL and back. Also would it be cheaper to get a towncar instead?? Like Tiffany.
And one more question :) I know it says the Mall is open till 9.00pm but is this for all the stores inside or will some close earlier as I am planning on going in the evening is this a good time to shop??

Thanks
Hazel

As far as I am aware, all the stores at Florida Mall observe the same opening hours, except for some of the Department stores who open at different times (if at all) on a Sunday. ::MickeyMo

Absolutely, it costs around $42 from WL one way, going with the checker cab. You will often find a cab outside the main entrance of the Lodge, parked just a little down the drive (look left). If not, call 407 699 9999 for a cab. When you are finished at Florida Mall, just take a cab located outside. I have found them to be consistently cheaper than the cab going to the mall for some reason (different company I presume)... usually about $5 cheaper overall.
Incidentally FL mall now as Macy's as opposed to Burdines, and the other dept stores are JCPenney, Sears, Dillards, Lord&Taylor, Saks. The mall is so large we made 3 trips this time and still didn't feel we really saw all the shops. (Three trips being from early afternoon thru to closing at 9pm). I didn't come across any shops which closed before 9pm on my travels! I would avoid Sundays as the hours are shorter however. Saturday was really busy.

hey ginette we can give you a lift to the mall no problem, if you want e will be going quiet a few times

Does anyone know if it is possible to go to Florida mall by bus? We don't have a car but really want to go shopping. Thanks :cheer2:

Super Momma said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to go to Florida mall by bus? We don't have a car but really want to go shopping. Thanks :cheer2:

I am sure it is possible yes, how easy it is may depend upon where you are staying.

Your hotel should be able to provide a full answer - are you staying on I-drive?

You CAN get to the FM from I-Drive on the Lynx bus system using Links 37 (from the Major Blvd area of northern I-Drive) and 42 (which runs from Orlando premium Outlets in the south via a rather cirucuitous route).

For those non-drivers in town, you might like to consider the all-day shopping excursion with Real Florida Excursions which, at $34 per person ($26 per child 3-9) can be much better value that taking taxis all day. The 'Shopping Bonanza' includes a standard buffet breakfast, then visits to Wal-Mart, Premium Outlets and Mall at Millenia. Check out this link:

Shopping Bonanza!

Haven't done the Lynx bus thing since staying on I-drive years ago, but my memory was that the bus ride from I-drive was long and went through slightly poorer and dodgy areas; has this changed? In saying that, we did it a lot of times in our first two years going without hitch.

Links 37 and 42 don't go through any areas you need to worry about, but they do go rather slowly and around-the-houses.

To be honest after a day in the mall I would prefer the security and convenience of a taxi or towncar, especially with bags full of expensive shopping - don't fancy lugging all that lot back on a bus :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter