Flooded POTC boats

We rode it twice in November 2015, I believe we sat in the middle the first time and at the back the second time. I noticed the floor was wet at the back, I only got splashed by a cannonball however I knocked my elbow against the side of the boat as we went down the slide, it jolted so hard.

Just back and we rode Pirates 2x over the trip (some rode 3x). Nobody got wet, and the boats were all high and dry from front to back. Each boat was fully loaded, as well.

Rode Friday night. We were in the second row and ducked on the drop. Our necks got slightly wet. The boat was dry on the floor.

Can anyone report on the conveyor belt that takes you up at the exit? I think if that one remains dry, they may have part of the problem under the control. For me it's going to be much as much a deciding factor to go on the right or not if the exit is dry or not.

We went last week. Got the front row and I noticed there was water on the seats and floor. Sure enough, we got pretty wet. Not drenched but it was more than we've ever experienced before.

Rode 1/10/16 front row got a little sprinkle which I would expect but not soaked at all. The boat was pretty dry with maybe a few drops of water on the floor.

We rode POTC on three occasions over Christmas week 2015. On all 3 occassions the boat was packed with people. It was a peak holiday week at WDW so lines were long. We enjoyed every ride in a dry boat with no water on the bottom of the boat. We sat in different spots each of the ride.

Honestly, I think a lot of people create a lot of worry for no reason. I read all about this before I went and was concerned. It was totally unnecessary. The ride is the same as it always has been - DRY.

Just a status report from my point of view: we went on Pirates back in early November, sat in the second row and got SOAKED. The boat listed to the right side a lot and there was a lot of standing water in the bottom of the boat, and it sloshed over to the right and soaked my shoes. CMs appeared to be packing the boats full of passengers, always 4 to a rown. The exit ramp was very wet and slippery.

We went again this past weekend. We rode on Friday morning (twice) and Sunday afternoon (once). I was paying a lot of attention to the floors in all the boats, most had some wet spots, but none that I saw appeared to have deep standing water like in November. CM did not seem to be packing the boats like they did the last trip...in all three cases, DH and I were seated in a row alone, and two of the times the CM left an empty row in the boat (once it was row 3, the other time it was row 4). I did not notice the boat listing to the side in any of the three rides we took. We requested to be seated 'in the back) and were in the last two rows each time. I did get splashed slightly one time even when we were in row 4, but we did not get soaked, I'm unsure if the people in the front got soaked or not....the first two rides on Friday were during a heavy rainstorm, so almost everyone was wearing ponchos anyway. In each case, the exit ramp was dry.

So I'd say either they have fixed whatever the problem was, or they have improved the situation by pulling boats out of service and not filling them so much, I'm not sure exactly, but we were happy this time.

Can anyone report on the conveyor belt that takes you up at the exit? I think if that one remains dry, they may have part of the problem under the control. For me it's going to be much as much a deciding factor to go on the right or not if the exit is dry or not.
The conveyor belt was soaking wet in early November, and totally dry last Friday (15th January) and yesterday (Sunday 17th)

I just got back from a trip a few days ago. We had fast passes to ride but it was down and then when we returned after a few hours it was still down (not sure if it stayed down the whole time or if it came back up then went down again). When we finally rode it a few days after I took out our poncho just in case. (didn't put it on just shared on me and my fiancé's lap). There was no standing water in any of the boats that I saw. The boat we were in had a few splashes on the floor. The boat wasn't packed per se- it just seemed like they were sitting parties together but comfortably. I ducked under the poncho for the drop just in case. There was no big wave but the splash seemed to be a little bigger than I remember and a couple of people gasped/laughed. No one seemed drenched but my fiancé's hair was quite wet. The conveyer belt was dry. We were seated 3rd row.

We went the 3rd week in December and only rode it after my daughters told me they rode it the night before and the ride was completely dry. I explained to the girls that we were on the ride in October and the people in front of us got soaked but they said the CM the night before told them they had fixed the problems since. My wife and I were offered the front seat and declined but my daughters chose to try it. They got soaked on the first drop, I told them they should
read DIS, they were not happy with my comment and did not ride POTC the rest of the week. The walkway off the ride was wet but I do not believe the
conveyor belt was wet.

The issue is with the replacement boats they added a few years ago...they are lighter and get bogged down with weight by the guests sometimes even getting stuck...I had this happen briefly when we had a very full boat!

I don't know if they've modified the new boats to be more sea-worthy or not, but that is the main cause of the flooding issues.

We rode POTC a couple times during our trip last week and didn't have anyone in our boats getting soaked. I will admit that we did get a little spray on our trip with a completely full boat but that was just our head/hair.

Much better than when we rode right after the new boats showed up and we got off looking like we'd just left Splash Mountain!

We rode today. I asked to be in the third row. It was just me with my two daughters (11 and 12) in the row. I didn't see them packing folks in at all, so that might have been half the problem. The girls in the front row got a little splashed after the drop but that was it. I looked in a few boats besides ours and didn't see any standing water.

We were there a few weeks ago. I was concerned about getting wet, but I didn't need to worry - every time we went to ride POTC it was out of service. Dilemma resolved. DH was bummed because it's his favorite ride, but there will be other trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter