Flooded POTC boats

The drop did not change. Disney didn't mention that at all. They did mention new scents throughout the ride but those have been pretty unnoticeable.

Yeah I did say in a later post that I could be wrong. I trust your information much more than mine lol. No one else bothered to answer the person that asked the question, so I just went off of what I "knew." Figured someone would come along and set me straight if I was wrong. :thanks:

Is it possible that the water level is higher by a bit which would impact the behavior or fluid dynamics of the system - when a boat of the same weight as before refurb enters the drop, if there was indeed more water (a higher water level) it then would create a bigger splash than it had prior.

Just dropped by to figure out if this is still an issue. I've been riding Pirates since 1994, and never got drenched until October 2014. Used to love this ride. Guess I'm going to skip it on my upcoming trip, since I don't ride water rides and this seems to now be a water ride. :(

It is really perplexing. In October 2014 we rode it numerous times and never got wet. In October 2015 we rode it once when there was apparently a lot of water on the floor, because it shifted toward the back after the drop and soaked our feet. However, the water did not come over the side or front of the boat on the drop that time. Then we rode a second time and that is when a swell came over the side on the drop and soaked my backside.

Are there some older boats mixed in with a new fleet of boats?

Rode twice last week as well. Second row got a light sprinkling but really nothing noticeable. Third row nothing at all.

I was more annoyed by this rather loud couple who sat behind me. One of them kept taking photos with the flash on.

Our trip in December went like this:
1st ride, middle of boat. Did not have a drop, did notice that the floor was wet, so did not put camera bag down.
2nd ride, front row. DW and I were on each side and our feet and sides got very wet. Water came over top of boat.
3rd ride, towards middle again and not a drop.

What a shame this is still an issue. I doubt anyone really wants to get wet on this. We have avoided since this started happening unless it is the last ride on way out.-same for splask mountain and that is only if it's hot out.

Rode twice last week as well. Second row got a light sprinkling but really nothing noticeable. Third row nothing at all.

I was more annoyed by this rather loud couple who sat behind me. One of them kept taking photos with the flash on.

I commented to DH as we got off IASW that from now on when people shine their camera lights in my eyes I am going to extend the middle finger on the hand I put up to shield. I am so tired of rude camera users.

I rode early in the day last Thursday, and the boat was packed -- 4 adults across on all rows but the first and last, 3 across on those. I was on the port gunwale in the third row and got hit with several half-dollar sized splashes waist-to-head. DW noticed my wet spots 40 minutes later and declared that she would not ride PotC, as she did not want to get wet.

Whether or not they worked the drop, it didn't seem nearly as steep as previous rides. I was thinking as the boat went down that there's no way we'd get any water up the sides. The water hitting me changed my mind very quickly.

We were there last weekend and I noticed a sign just to the left of the entrance that said "you may get wet" with additional details underneath. Was that always there or just more noticeable to me due to this topic?

I heard the signs were a recent addition - I was looking for them and did not see them, but I was a little preoccupied thinking about the fact we needed to sit in the back. We were in the next to back and it was fine.

Rode it Thursday. Didn't see many wet people around me at the exit/gift shop afterwards. We were placed in the second row (4) and third row (2) and I noticed the front row couple say something to themselves after the drop, but nothing came of it - they might have just gotten a sprinkling. We got more wet at It's Tough to Be a Bug in AK than on POTC.

Rode twice on 1/7. First time in the 4th row, second time 3rd row. Our party of 9 rode both times and no one got even a drop of water. Not sure about how the front row fared as none of us were in it, but we didn't even get a drop where we were.

We rode twice at the beginning of the month. On both occasions we asked to sit near the back and were seated in the second last row. Both rides had dry floors. The first ride I got completely soaked from the waist down--water came up over the side on the drop. DH was untouched. On the second ride I was dry and DH got splashed. On both rides it was the person who sat on the right side of the row who got wet. We all noticed the scents in the ride and wondered if they had always been there or were a new addition. It wasn't until I read previous posts that I learned this was new. It was pretty neat and my kids loved it. Side note--the people in the back row behind us were 30 something guys who were first time riders. They were in awe of the ride and were like little kids experiencing it for the first time. I was soaked but didn't mind because I got to hear their excitement and remember how amazed I was my first time through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter