"Flip Flops"

Floridagram

DIS Veteran
I think I read here that they are not allowed in the dining rooms. I have read that in the DCL rules too but for flip flops I think of the rubber or plastic type you buy for $1.

I exclusively wear sandals with the open back and the piece that runs between my toes. Maybe a week or two a year I do not wear these in Fl. but that is all. The ones I wear cost between $80 and $125 so these are not cheap flimsy shoes. They just fit my wide foot the best and are comfortable.

Would I be turned away at the dining room if I am dressed appropriately otherwise?

The only place they are not allowed is in the adult only dining rooms (Palo and Remy).

Provided you have something on your feet, you won't be turned away in the main dining rooms.

As a fellow Central Floridian who lives in "flip flops" I can say I have never had a problem. The ones I wear are good quality, dressy, and match my outfits and I have never had a problem.

I think I read here that they are not allowed in the dining rooms. I have read that in the DCL rules too but for flip flops I think of the rubber or plastic type you buy for $1.

I exclusively wear sandals with the open back and the piece that runs between my toes. Maybe a week or two a year I do not wear these in Fl. but that is all. The ones I wear cost between $80 and $125 so these are not cheap flimsy shoes. They just fit my wide foot the best and are comfortable.

Would I be turned away at the dining room if I am dressed appropriately otherwise?

You wont be turned away, but those are still flip flops.

I also live in flip flops and Im in OKC.

The ones i wear are very nice and I bring like 3 or 4 pairs so I have a pair for the pool/beach, dinner, and during the day onboard. They are not the cheap rubber ones either. I have never been turned away or frowned upon. IMO "nice" flip flops are just fine. and by nice I mean, leather or canvas in good condition. pirate:

This may be called a flip flop, but it's technically a "sandal" and absolutely appropriate.
I also wear the Lindsay Phillips "Switch Flops", which even though they say "flops" are a sandal.

sandal-1.jpg

I am a flip flop / sandals gal. that is all I bring on the cruises. I have been to Palo and never had a problem.

I have worn the black foam flip flops with the sparkles on that are sold in the gift shop on the ship into the restaurants for the last 2 cruises and have not been turned away.

I have 2 pair of Clarks flip flops, and I wear them all summer. However, the Clarks store calls them sandals..so....and I and I had no problem wearing them to dinner last April..

I wear Fit Flops daily! For evening wear, they have sparkles, during the day plain straps. I've never been turned away.
I have seen people wearing all kinds of attire. They have really become relaxed.

No one over the age of 12 should wear MOST crocs :lmao:

And, yes, if there is a thingie between your toes, they are called flip flops, no matter what designer made them or how much you paid for them. :rotfl2:

Is it really that difficult to wear actual shoes to dinner? It's like 2 hours out of your life. You can wear the flip flops the other 22 hours of the day.

I can't wait for our Magic cruise in 2 weeks, where I will be wearing my floor length ball gown with my awesome silver sparkly heels on formal night! ;)

No one over the age of 12 should wear MOST crocs :lmao:

And, yes, if there is a thingie between your toes, they are called flip flops, no matter what designer made them or how much you paid for them. :rotfl2:

Is it really that difficult to wear actual shoes to dinner? It's like 2 hours out of your life. You can wear the flip flops the other 22 hours of the day.

I can't wait for our Magic cruise in 2 weeks, where I will be wearing my floor length ball gown with my awesome silver sparkly heels on formal night! ;)

I have several pair of sandals that have the thingie between my toes and they are not flip flops. They also have straps around the ankles and over the top of my foot. They are not flip flops because they don't flip flop when I walk. And yes, it is difficult to wear shoes to dinner. I wear shoes with 3 inch heels every single day for work and am on my feet from 8:45 to 3:15, so when I am on vacation I will wear sandals or flip flops to dinner and any where else I want.;)

And yes, it is difficult to wear shoes to dinner. I wear shoes with 3 inch heels every single day for work and am on my feet from 8:45 to 3:15, so when I am on vacation I will wear sandals or flip flops to dinner and any where else I want.;)
Your name is Alexander and you wear 3 inch heals to work? :confused3
Suddenly, my work situation doesn't seem so bad! :laughing:

:thumbsup2

I have worn nice flip flops to dinner and even Palo. I think formal night is the only night time I wore non flip flop, well maybe it was still a flop, had a 2 inch heal, and a strap that went across my foot, but not between the toe. So it still flip flopped but didn't have the thingy. LOL

I have worn nice flip flops to dinner and even Palo. I think formal night is the only night time I wore non flip flop, well maybe it was still a flop, had a 2 inch heal, and a strap that went across my foot, but not between the toe. So it still flip flopped but didn't have the thingy. LOL

popcorn::I gotta say this is a funny thread to read... but I find myself wanting to chime in on it :lmao:
I did wear black satin flip flops to the semi formal night on our 5 night cruise. It is an optional semi formal night... but most people really seemed to go all out.. I thought it was great! But I was wishing I would have brought my nicer dress-up shoes and swankier dress. My sundress with black satin flip flops felt funny.
It is fun though to see all the characters dressed up in their dressy clothes.. minnie with her fabulous dress and mickey in his dress up duds... really fun night!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter