Flight prices ridiculous for april

Paula Sedley-Burke said:
Gosh that does add to the cost! I never considered the fog flight delay issue! Still worth it all once you touch ground at Orlando! Have you ever flown via Dublin? A few people report it is cheaper but I really try to fly direct where I can. We are lucky to live near Gatwick ( live in Essex ) so its only 30 mins away. But we have to go via the dartford crossing and you can never predict the traffic in the morning so we always treat ourselves to a car park/hotel deal. Why would we risk thousands of pounds for an extra few quid on a hotel! I dont get people that rush at the last moment. For us a holiday is stress free and it starts the night before!

Same! We come from Hertfordshire so have about an hours journey round the M25. One year we travelled down on the morning of the flight and got stuck in such horrible traffic we only just made our flight. Won't take that risk again!

Laurafoster said:
Same! We come from Hertfordshire so have about an hours journey round the M25. One year we travelled down on the morning of the flight and got stuck in such horrible traffic we only just made our flight. Won't take that risk again!

Omg exactly the same thing happened to us! I swear it was like on the films where they were shutting the cabin door! I am disabled so my partner had to run on ahead and stop them lol. After that it was hotel everytime. Where abouts in Herts? My DW works in Cockfosters. Poor thing has to go on that damned m25 everyday. No way I am putting her through that on her holiday! She has enough stress and has to work for the both of us as I am too ill sadly.

Our routine is...

Put dogs in kennels afternoon before
Drive to gatwick stopping on way at macdys
Drop car off with meet and greet outside gatwick terminal
Go through terminal and do twilight check in getting rid of bags
Check in at hilton which is connected to terminal
relax!

Do you have a holiday routine?

Paula

Paula Sedley-Burke said:
Omg exactly the same thing happened to us! I swear it was like on the films where they were shutting the cabin door! I am disabled so my partner had to run on ahead and stop them lol. After that it was hotel everytime. Where abouts in Herts? My DW works in Cockfosters. Poor thing has to go on that damned m25 everyday. No way I am putting her through that on her holiday! She has enough stress and has to work for the both of us as I am too ill sadly.

Our routine is...

Put dogs in kennels afternoon before
Drive to gatwick stopping on way at macdys
Drop car off with meet and greet outside gatwick terminal
Go through terminal and do twilight check in getting rid of bags
Check in at hilton which is connected to terminal
relax!

Do you have a holiday routine?

Paula

We live in Hemel Hempstead:)

Our routine is pretty much identical to yours apart from the fact we have a rabbit instead of dogs lol.

I always find that staying over night I start the day relaxed and stress free. Once I leave the house that's my holiday started:)

Laurafoster said:
We live in Hemel Hempstead:)

Our routine is pretty much identical to yours apart from the fact we have a rabbit instead of dogs lol.

I always find that staying over night I start the day relaxed and stress free. Once I leave the house that's my holiday started:)

True dat! Lol re rabbit. We use to have rabbits so cute. Hemel Hempstead Not too far from us at all. Jo (DW) grew up in Hatfield. Her mum lives in Welwyn. The worst thing about Gatwick is not the distance but the dreaded dartford crossing! Could take 5 mins or 5 hours... Not worth risking it. I guess you have the choice to go either way around!

The current USA offers from VA ends on the 19th December so hopefully the next offer will include lower fares to MCO.

We are waiting for a reasonably priced April flight so will hang out for a little while.

The current price with VA for our dates is £666 and £598 with miles plus money.

Leaving from a local airport with Aer Lingus via Dublin works out at £604 and includes free seat selection and 23kgs of luggage, also less overall travel time from home to MCO, so at the moment this would be a better choice as no 3-hour car journey to Gatwick plus petrol and parking cost and I believe will clear US immigration & customs in Dublin so quicker when arriving at MCO.

But £600 is over our planned budget for flights so fingers crossed for those lower fares, direct or indirect.

Best VA 2013 flights I can find at the moment is for a some mid-week dates in Jan, Feb, March and Nov at around £415 with miles plus money and some in April, May, June, July and September at £515 with miles plus money

Well, the price has changed on the VA web site for the April flights and reduced to £585 and £555 with miles plus money. Going in the right direction but still high when compared to our last flight.

Best indirect at the moment is with Delta at £538.

While leaving from a local airport with Aer Lingus via Dublin now works out at £570.

Any ideas how far advance Virgin holidays book flydrives? I see they have till April 2014 now. I wonder when the rest of 2014 will be released?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter