Flight ideas for Disney college cast member?

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
My son is working at Disney this summer and we were going to fly him home to ATL his next 2-3 days off.

I have checked Spirit and Frontier airlines and they are not too bad.

Southwest is HIGH.

Any other airlines that are pretty reasonable? or ideas?

He is only going to be able to come home for 2-3 days and all he needs is a back pack. I don't want to spend a crazy amount!

Thank you!

Lately I've found that Delta and JetBlue have better prices than Southwest from our home airport.

My only concern with one of the discount carriers is the number of flights per day. If a flight is canceled how quickly can they rebook him on a another flight. If they only have one or two flights a day he could get stranded somewhere for a few extra days or you would end up paying quite a bit for a last minute one-way ticket.

I assume you’ll be booking this fairly last minute since they only get their schedules about a week ahead of time? I would say as soon as his schedule drops can you hop on Google flights and see what’s the best deal at that moment and book it. My daughter is been there since January for her college program and has not come home at all. I have been down a few times to see her though. It’s just really hard to work around their schedule when it comes to flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!