FL residents discounts...

Soupermom

DIS Veteran
My sister lives in Tampa and will be joining us for our trip next year. She has offered to flip for the room at CSR, using her discount (we'll all be staying in the same room) My problem...we'd like to stay a day or two longer. Can she check out and then we stay, or do we have to let them know she's left and adjust the price? Please, no flames :sad2:

Gosh, I don't know. I would think it would be okay. What I DO know is that a FL resident can book several rooms under the discount. And the person booking the reservation does not need to be the one paying for it (ie. a different credit card can be used to pay for it).

I'm anxious to hear what others have to say. No flames here. You could call CRO and ask them but I'm sure you would get a different answer each time you asked the question.

I don't think it would be a problem, why would you even tell them she's left?

Anne

Well, I wouldn't tell them she had left, but didn't want to deceive anyone or have to prove residency upon leaving (yeah, that's a dumb worry!). So TwoCat, my sis could reserve my parents room, too...even though they live in Illinois? I thought the resident had to be staying IN the room. And I could pay for them all with my Disney Visa and have the others pay me back?
Thanks for all of your help, by the way!

Soupermom,

I believe you can reserve up to 3 rooms with an AP or FL resident discount. So your sister can reserve the room for your parent's too. Your sister will have to be there at check-in and show proof of residency. You can use your Visa to pay for it.

Donna

I don't think it would matter. Just leave a credit card # and do the automatic checkout. You don't even have to go to the desk when you leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter