Fish Extenders?

Oh my this makes me have anxiety! Y'all are like super women/men who can manage the cruise packing plus making sure you have gifts for tons of people you've never met!! Our family is taking our first cruise on disney dream next month. We have 5 kids and are cruising after 7 days of disneyworld. I'm feeling so much anxiety. I wish I could be like y'all and be completely organized but I can't manage to pack all my kids things for disneyworld 7 days plus cruise and fish extender things (not to mention we have to get 2 staterooms because of the size of our family and that would even be more confusing!!) But it sounds fun if time allowed!!

And my user name LSUmommaof4 was before I had surprise baby #5. Don't know how to change it!!

Pinterest was how I first learned about the fish extender program.

We are excited to do it to. I'm hoping I can get a group going for March 30 2015 Dream.

This looks like a great activity. I have see. A few posts about decorations getting stolen I hope that doesn't happen often.

How should I use zip ties to secure my FE? Need advice
The little fish (or seahorse, or starfish) is attached to the wall with 2 little metal posts about 1/2" long at it's base. Once you loop the string (or yarn, or whatever) from your FE over it just run the zip tie through the handle and around one of the little posts.

Be sure you have something that can reach in there to cut the zip tie at the end of the cruise, as there's not much clearance for scissors (or something like that).

The little fish (or seahorse, or starfish) is attached to the wall with 2 little metal posts about 1/2" long at it's base. Once you loop the string (or yarn, or whatever) from your FE over it just run the zip tie through the handle and around one of the little posts.

Be sure you have something that can reach in there to cut the zip tie at the end of the cruise, as there's not much clearance for scissors (or something like that).

Just an FYI that we didn't have any zip ties, and I didn't want to buy 500 of them at Target. So, we just used some curling ribbon, and tied it tight. I think it worked just as well. Of course, we got some zip ties in our FE later on in the trip!

Sorry if it's a 1st-timer silly question, but part of my family will be in a concierge level SR (deck 11)...are they able to participate in the FE exchange, as well?

:tinker:I've done FEs on my last 3 cruises and have absolutely loved participating. I made my first FE (my no sew FE instructions are actually on this thread) and then had one made on our last. I just became a consultant for thirty one gifts and they have a product called oh snap pockets. Not sure if any of you have checked these out before but there are several different patterns and you can personalize them. I think they would work great for a no-fuss FE. If any of you have a consultant you should totally check them out. If not, pm me and I would be happy to give you some more information on them!

Here's a pic to give you an idea of what I'm talking about!

image.jpg

Last edited:
You need to go to your Cruise Meet Thread. There's a link at the top of the main Cruise Line page. Click on it, then look for your cruise to see if someone has started a thread for it.

I found some cute FE's on etsy. I think I'm going to order ours from there. Alas my cruise does not have a meeting link up yet and it's in 6 months.

We recently booked our cruise but can not find information on the fish extender group.

My kids are so excited. I hope we can find more information.

We recently booked our cruise but can not find information on the fish extender group.

My kids are so excited. I hope we can find more information.
You need to go to the Cruise Meet Board and find your cruise:
http://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-cruise-meets.85/
Look for "Find Your 2015 (or 2016) (ship name) Cruise Meet Link Here" and click on the appropriate one. Scroll down the list to see if your group has started yet.

All FE info would be there, if your group does one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts