First VGF resale contracts hit the market

Seen GFV points renting for $17.50 per point!!! At that rate, you can rent out the 200 and apply $3,500 to the overall cost of the 100 point contract.

Yeah those were the points I rented the other week at $17.50 :) I have more points Ill probably rent later in the year. But back to your point yes they would get 3500 but thats two years worth of points. That nets you about 1200 a year minus dues and such. It would take the person 12-13 years to break even on their purchase if they can get a spread of roughly 12 per point on renting at $17.50.

Actually closing costs are closer to $700 than $500. At $137 a point you are saving $1300 over direct.

Closing costs are actually closer to $450 or $500. That's what **** told me when I inquired about a 150 point contract back in April.

Closing costs are actually closer to $450 or $500. That's what **** told me when I inquired about a 150 point contract back in April.

Its roughly about 550 if you buy both I believe, since its one closing. Also what stops someone from offering a little less either.

DW buys GFV contract without telling DH. Said DH threatens DW with Divorce if she does not sell it. Said contract is then the first to hit resales!

DW buys GFV contract without telling DH. Said DH threatens DW with Divorce if she does not sell it. Said contract is then the first to hit resales!

I remember a time I bought a computer and was at home taking it out of the box........wife comes in and makes a strong suggestion that I return it to the store......:rotfl2:

Threatens or promises? Potato - Po-tato

She told me with title insurance it would be a little less than $700. $500 is without title insurance.

She told me with title insurance it would be a little less than $700. $500 is without title insurance.

Just purchased at 225 point resale closing costs were 525.00. DVC charges closing also which I did not take into consideration so I stand by a minimum savings of 1500.00 just on the 100 point contract - more savings if both contracts are purchased together and someone is charged 1 closing cost. I would give up direct benefits for 1500.00 savings - but then again if I was to buy GF I would be buying to stay there or rent the points so to me there is no value in a direct purchase.

I'm pretty sure when I bought Aulani before it opened I wasn't allowed to use the points ANYWHERE until Aulani actually did open.

It was a few years ago so i could be wrong about that. And then again, VGF might be different anyway.

No you are correct points cannot be used anywhere until the resort opens.

I guess it must be a huge unexpected life event as I can't see a logical reason why anyone would be in this situation by choice

Closing costs are highly variable depending on the broker and the closing agent and where the owner lives

Wow, the owner is losing money right away just based on the asking price. This purchase and resale must really sting. I would not be surprised that it gets ROFRd.

Wow, the owner is losing money right away just based on the asking price. This purchase and resale must really sting. I would not be surprised that it gets ROFRd.

There's no way Disney ROFRs at $130 or anything close to that. They have plenty of points to sell at far higher profit margins.

I would be really surprised (shocked) if Disney even looked at it for a second - cannot see that it would be remotely worth it to them for 15.00PP not worth their time and they have plenty of active sales to sell! Feel bad for the seller obviously something happened in a short amount of time.

There's no way Disney ROFRs at $130 or anything close to that. They have plenty of points to sell at far higher profit margins.

Exactly. The only thing Disney will do with this in terms of ROFR is hold it up.

VGF is about 88% UNSOLD. Them exercising ROFR for what amounts to 20$ profit per point...

They will just make it inconvenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!