• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

first trip

LoraB

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! I am brand new to this site, and I am looking forward to getting lots of info! I will be making our first trip to Disney next summer, and I was wondering if you have any recommendations for hotels-resorts on the property. I have two children, ages 4 and 7 now, and we will be bringing my mother as well. Adjoining rooms would be nice. I would like to stay in a NICER hotel, but one that is still great for the kids. One closer to the parks would be nice too.
Like I said, I am a true beginner, so I value your advice and input!
Thanks! Lora

It really depends on what you are looking for. Is price an issue? Then you would be looking at the value resorts. If price isn't an issue but you want to keep it reasonable then there are the moderates. And, if price doesn't matter and you are more concerned about location and amenities then there are the deluxes.

We are a family of 3 with a now 4 year old (he has been to disney at 18 months, 24 months, 36 months and 42 months). Plus we were then many times before he was a thought. Anyways, we enjoye the moderate resorts. And, our favorite is the POFQ. There are many reasons for that.

1) We like the atmosphere -- jazz...new orleans...cobble streets....street lights....

2) The pool is great for kids your age. Slide is small enough for your 4 year old and the theme around it is wonderful.

3) The size of the resort is perfect. It is 1/2 the size of other moderates. Everything is close. It doesn't matter what building you are in it is only about a 5-7 minutes walk to the food court, main building, pool and bus stop.

4) It is the first stop on the bus and the first stop off the bus. This is great in the morning and especially nice at night when you have tired kids.

5) You can use all the facilities at the PORiverside. The pool, food court, etc. This gives you several quiet pools to pick from as well as another large theme pool with a bigger slide.

6) The playground at FQ is nice and the one at Riverside is very rustic and great for older kids who like to climb.

7) You have two food courts and a sit down restaurant. Can't say much about the FQ food court as they are just reopening end of May and it was suppose to have been rennovated. The riverside food court is wonderful, especially for families. Great choices for kids and enough selection for adults to keep it interesting.

8) The boat to downtown Disney is very nice.

If you have any questions, be sure to ask. it is just hard to answer your question without really knowing what you are looking for in regards to atmosphere, room, etc. Perhaps after you look at the planning guide you might have more questions. Also visit Deb Willis' web site at www.wdwig.com and she has a complete photo gallery along with laughingplace.com. That should also help

Welcome to the DIS!

You can find information about the various resorts right here on the DIS as well.

Resort Information

Take a look around and when you have it narrowed down to a few, be sure to post your questions here and we'll be happy to help!

Just as a thought...you will probably get more responses in regards to specific resorts if you post it on the resorts board. More people tend to look at that category than they do here.

I also love Port Oleans French Quarter. The slide at the pool is a dragon. My son loved it BUT it got very crowded on hot days. We originally went in March, and there was no one in the pool and my son could go down the slide forever. The second time we went in August, the pool filled up and the kids were lined up to go down the slide. He'd spend 10 minutes waiting to go down the slide. I think next time we go, I will stay at a resort with more than just one pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter